Iron Chef Season 2: Underused | EPISODE 11, PHASE 3 (post #397)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Un question, would pursuit count at all?
While it has high priority when the opponent switches out, Pursuit has no priority otherwise; as such, for consistency purposes, it doesn't count as one of the moves qualified for the secret ingredient.

Euphonos

Euphonos, would Magic Coat be considered a priority for the purposes of this or nah?
Magic Coat, (and Snatch in that regard), qualifies for the secret ingredient for its consistency. Good luck connecting with it, though.

Last edited:

Euphonos

Chef Manipulative issued a challenge to Iron Chef Euphonos. The Iron Chef didn't manage to pull off his trump card against the challenger because one of his Pokemon would definitely survive a hit, but the rest of the Iron Chef's teammates did the job done. GG!

Chef Eeyore made his first appearance as a participant of the Iron Chef by eventually issuing a challenge to Iron Chef Euphonos. This is another match where Iron Chef Euphonos didn't manage to pull off his trump card, as the Iron Chef's new teammate brought home the victory. GG!

Another Chef making his first appearance as a participant of the project is MetaTres, who issued a challenge to Iron Chef Euphonos. Midway in the game, one of the challenger's Pokemon got fully paralyzed which gave way for the Iron Chef to set up whatever is needed. Ultimately, Iron Chef Euphonos got the victory after the challenger didn't realize the high priority of Extreme Speed. GG!

Chef Incognito Style attempted to best Iron Chef Euphonos with his team. While the Iron Chef tried his best to conquer the opposition, it didn't go well with successive luck-induced factors turned against his favor. GG, nonetheless!

This episode, Chef eaglehawk tried to redeem himself from the devastating loss brought by Iron Chef Euphonos last episode. However, the Iron Chef pulled off some tricks in his sleeve that proved too much for the challenger to keep up. GG! (Oh, and one more thing, please be mentally, physically, and emotionally stable before you start battling!)

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323651300 - missplay vs Cobalion (should've EQed against him with Mamoswine instead of going str8 to Gyara since I knew he was Stone Edge due to team composition) basically made the game a lot harder than it had to be which led me to having to hit some Stone Edges and miraculously getting a crit vs Cobalion. gg NV

Reactions: nv

Euphonos

3, 2, 1... TIME'S UP!

The voting and judging phase for this episode is now underway! Presenting to you the dishes of the participants!

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat
- U-turn

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Gyarados @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Lilligant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]

[Chairman Euphonos edit:] This team has the same premise as the team I have built in the last episode of Iron Chef; this time, it focuses around Cloyster and Infernape being the core attackers under Azelf's Dual Screens. While Cloyster has a garbage Special Defense stat, Gyarados was then added to remedy such issue. Gyarados serves another purpose for the team along with Salamence: to soften physical attacks through Intimidate which eases set-up with Dragon Dance. Finally, Lilligant is there to complete the eventual Fire-Water-Grass core and it serves as another lead to choose from to put opponents to sleep.

God. (Linoone) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Whimsicott (F) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Memento
- Switcheroo

Krookodile (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick

Salamence (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse

Blastoise-Mega (F) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Serious Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Not gonna lie, this team isn't super creative XD. The idea is simple: Use whimsi's various prankster shenanigans to allow Furret or Lucario to set up and sweep. Furret is the most-used and powerful sweeper, but Lucario is also an option if there are too many steel or fast ghosts on the enemy team that I've failed to kill late-game.

Salamence is important, as it lures in pokemon such as Aggron-mega and Forretress, who think it's a physical attacker. In particular, Aggron takes massive amount of damage from Hydro Pump before mega-evolving, and takes a lot from fire blast after.

The other Pokemon are unfortunately standard, although I have used a lagging tail/switcheroo combo on whimsi so I could slow down certain threats while also taking their item, and because I hit stun spore 30% of the time. Don't know why...

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Bounce
- Waterfall

Basically wanted to build around Nasty Plot Lucario + 4 Atks Aerodactyl so then added in Mamoswine + Empoleon for hazard control and Mamoswine helped fill in the remaining priority necessary for the ingredient. HP Electric Empoleon's for more insurance against Gyarados. Next up I wanted a Fairy-type and thought having Scarf Garde with Healing Wish was a good idea to ensure my sweepers could have more chances to setup and not worry about status etc. Lastly wanted a secondary setup sweeper that could make use of opposing Fighting-types to become setup fodder and Gyarados was that 'mon. Using a LO + 3 atks set since I wasn't too worried about status / damage over time since I have Healing Wish in back. Also, Crunch on Aero's for mainly Slowking but helps deal with Psychics in general that hinder Lucario.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Crobat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Cross Poison
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Infernape @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Magic Coat

Virizion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

So I was feeling Nostalgic, and I ended up looking back to a more successful RMT, which formed the basis for a lot of this stuff like Magic Coat P2 and Crobat + Infernape as some hellmakers. Basically, the idea was to Para as many things as I could while racking up even minor chip damage through bouncing status and hazards to the other team.

Once that plan was thought up, I went ahead and thought of ways to keep hazards off the field, to increase everything's longevity, and realized I had nothing to reliably take a status move, so I changed Suicune which was a SubRoar set to a Crocune to take them.

The rest is fairly standard, and is built more like a balanced offense team than anything.

Sableye @ Iron Ball
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Icy Wind
- Toxic
- Tri Attack

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Dance

When i found out what the theme was this episode, my mind straight away thought of Sableye and Entei as my main mons. Sableye is more of a backbone for this team with the Iron Ball with Trick basically slowing down pokemon that are fast such as Salamence(other scarf users such as Mienshao also) and gets rid of Eviolites from P2 and Doublade. Entei is a fantastic wallbreaker to backup Sableye after Trick and Extreme Speed helps with pokemon faster than Entei. I added Mega Blastoise as my spinner for Entei and a fire check. P2 was also added to the team for some extra bulk and a way to wear down walls. Heliolisk is an excellent partner for Entei which allows special wallbreaking. Yache Berry Mence to handle other threats such as Florges with Iron Tail but also as a Win condition.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Absol @ Absolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 188 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

This team is designed to be a bulky Offensive team that wallbreaks until Gyarados can sweep, or Absol/Heracross can use their amazing speed tier to clean up.

Absol-Mega's amazing ability in Magic Bounce along with Sucker Punch is incredibly overlooked, and Fire Blast means the team is much more resilient to Aggron-Mega, Forretress, and Doublade. With 3 forms of Hazard Control, and 2 forms of hazard settings, this team faces up against a newly forming Offensive Metagame even outside of the Iron Chef challenges.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Krookodile (M) @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Blastoise-Mega (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Just a pretty straight forward offensive team that I've recently made. It has proven to be quite effective with the matches that I have had with it so far. I started the team off with DD Mence, one of my favorite pokemon & sets, and something I haven't used in a while. I then added Snorlax because it hasn't been getting the love it deserves lately. Snorlax also provided me with a fire check and special dragon check, so getting those out of the way put less of a strain on the rest of the team building. Krookodile is something I've been using a lot lately and really fit this team as a stealth rocker due to its ground typing, solid speed tier, Intimidate, and ability to cripple things with Knock Off. I really did not want a defogger for this team and I had my mega slot still open, so I decided on Blastoise. I'm surprised I haven't used this on a team before, seeing as it's the best spinner in the tier and a pretty decent wallbreaker. I added in Doublade because I wanted to ensure that I don't just lose to bulky psychics (Reuniclus in particular was looking threatening). Shadow Claw over Sacred Sword because it nabs some really good damage on the psychics at +2. Doublade also gave me a soft Beedrill check, which was very well needed at this point. The last slot went to Infernape, mainly because Sableye was looking like it could really trouble my team. Most of my team was on the physical side, so I went with NP nape. After figuring that I could use some more immediate speed and already had an abundance in setup sweepers, I decided to test and find out how well Scarf Mence will be working on this team over DD.

You want to see their teams in action?
They're here!

You may now vote for the most favorite team in terms of the three categories: Creativity, Use of Ingredient, and Effectiveness. You can also vote for one team in different categories. Here's the template on how to vote:

Creativity: Player X. [insert reason here]
Use of Ingredient: Player Y. [insert reason here]
Effectiveness: Player X. [insert reason here]
The community has until
SUNDAY, JANUARY 31, 8 AM EST
to cast your vote on this thread who are
the most awe-inspiring,
the most essential,
and
the best-tasting
dishes ever witnessed this round!

Allez, cuisine!

Guess I'll be the first to vote then!

My vote for most Awe-inspiring (creative,) goes to Incognito Style, just edging in front of the rest.

Most essential (best use of theme) goes to Manipulative, since it seems like the team just doesn't work without priority, which is basically how I define this category.

The best tasting (most effective) award goes to Nightingales, though I'm really not qualified to vote for this category :/

Bored inside a restaurant with really nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs under the table

Creativity: MetaTres takes this category with his use of Offensive Special Salamence and ungodly BD Linoone.

Use of Ingredient: An interesting theme to say the least and looking through the teams, Nightingales's use of Magic Coat, specifically on Porygon2, really stood out to me. Having to deal with fast taunters and toxic users, Magic Coat turns the tables on the likes on pokemon like Sableye or Alolomomomomomola.

Effectiveness: Backtracking the replays, Manipulative has my vote this time. The factor behind the surprising, yet readily effective Scarf Salamence under right situations intertwined with Curselax and supported by other offensive pokemon with the likes of Nasty Plot Infernape, blends it all so smoothly together.

Also fuck scarfbat, you almost had this one Nightingales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)