Iron Chef Season 3: Underused | EPISODE 9, PHASE 3 (post #252)

Euphonos

stains every heart that he uses to heal the pain
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
We have another DJ (this time, Italian) as a special guest for this episode; his breakthrough hit happens to be the title of the new secret ingredient! Please welcome...

BENNY BENASSI!
Marco "Benny" Benassi is an Italian DJ, record producer, and remixer. He started his career as a member of the Benassi Bros. electronica duo, whose track "Illusion" became very popular in the American club scene, finally peaking at number 4 on Hot Dance Club Play; following "Hit My Heart" peaked at 15. In 2003, Benassi released his first solo debut album, Hypnotica, which won the European Border Breakers Award. In 2008, he also won the Grammy Award for Best Remixed Recording at the 50th Grammy Awards for his remix of Public Enemy's Bring the Noise.

In 2009, Benassi entered the Top 100 DJs list from DJ Mag at #26, while in 2011 was rated #7 on DJ Poll Top 100 by DJ List web site.

[source]

Benny Benassi's single that brought him to popularity is the secret ingredient for this episode; you may now unveil the mystery domes!

. . . . . . .

SATISFACTION!

"Push me, and then just touch me, 'til I can get my satisfaction."

"Satisfaction" is a song by Italian record producer and DJ Benny Benassi. The song's vocals consist of two speech synthesizers, one male and one female, repeatedly saying the aforementioned line. This track was Benassi's debut single and most successful song, peaking at number 2 in the United Kingdom.

Participants are required to build a team featuring at least three Pokemon having at least three moves that can make contact, which is the gist of the secret ingredient for this episode. Apologies if you find this innuendo quite uncomfortable, but the Chairman can't think of other creative ways of dealing with contact moves.

Participants have until
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 9 AM GMT -4
to complete your dishes to be sent to the Chairman and to the fellow judges (pokemon sparrow, eht, and esche) via PM.

Allez, cuisine!

Last edited:

Euphonos

ADVISORY FROM THE CHAIRMAN:
I have received news that Mega Latias has been suspected in the Underused tier. Since we want teams that can still hold their ground even in Mega Latias's potential ban in the future, both Iron Chefs and participants are not allowed to use Mega Latias this episode (and in the succeeding episodes).

Also, we would like to welcome Lord esche to the Iron Chef staff for scoring the highest average among the participants who have joined in at least three episodes (within Episodes 1 to 5) of UU Iron Chef! He will fulfill the role as one of the highly esteemed Panel of Judges!

Euphonos

3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

The team building phase is officially over; allow me to introduce to you the participants for this episode!
Will these participants have what it takes to beat the highly reputable Iron Chefs? Whose cuisine reigns supreme? We will find out in this challenge phase!

As such, participants have until
MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 9:00 AM GMT -4
to challenge any of the available Iron Chefs.

Allez, cuisine!