Project Iron Chef: Smogon RU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that for my team for the last theme, regular abomasnow makes less sense because then I can't use it as a pivot since it would interrupt rain if I set it up; with mega snow I can pivot with the soundproof version if needed. Also as my primary switchin to stuff like slowking and Alo, i'd rather not have a LO wearing me down. Time to look up a list of natural gift mons lol

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Time's up!

The theme for the next round is....

Operation: Kamikaze

At least two of the Pokemon in your team must have self KOing moves (Explosion, Self-Destruct, Final Gambit, Memento)

Good luck! Round 3 results will be posted soon!
Deadline: 10th March

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Round 3 Results!

Originality: 2

Kinda basic outside of Salac medicham. Lum on Tyrantrum is cute, but I'm not a big fan of DD on the dino.

Use of Theme: 2.5

Dragon dance tyrantrum may not the best but it gives the team a foulproof fletch switch-in so it is fine. The real issue is with the sub salac medicham with bulk up since, with the new baton pass restrictions, you arent passing a speed + bulk up boost ever so having to be extra careful with a set like that is kind of annoying. Neat use of theme tho.

Effectiveness: 3

i dont know where you're trying to go with this build but i wouldnt stack weaknesses like this with zong durant and escavalier on the same team with the sole fire resist being tyrantrum. Synergy is just really meh when theres no solid water check and the ttrum can fsr not punish steelix on the switch.

2+2.5+3-1=6.5

Originality: 3

Very neat Liechi Berry Fletchinder. Other two are pretty standard, but very appreciated.

Use of Theme: 4

Really really well built. Liechi Berry Fletchinder with Colbur HW Mesprit and Chople Scrafty makes it harder to revenge kill.

Effectiveness: 9

Lovely team with very few weaknesses. Liechi berry fletchinder looks more like a luxury here, not really needed on a way that seems to be well packed to support a sweep for it but team looks really nice all things considered.

3+4+9-1=15

Originality: 4

Subsalac venu is hot shit. Roseli Berry Scrafty is also shit but not of the temperature kind. Encore Wrath certainly is original but I'd rather run Toxic/Vacuum Wave because i dont see it having that much use unless u dont wanna get up on by viriz or something. we've already seen pursuit aero a couple of times in the past few weeks i want something new.

Use of Theme: 2

SubSalac Venusaur is amazing.... Roseli Scrafty is horrid. Chople is infinitely better since you're 4x Fairy weak and only 2x Fighting weak.

Effectiveness: 5

Team needs a lot of work. It is roseli berry scrafty with poison jab for whatever reason, both bronzong and camerupt have stealth rock (o_o). This bronzong should have mixed defenses and a slowing nature with gyro ball. Virizion is problematic since no chople scrafty (ofc it would disappoint if you run roseli berry on it). Gives the impression to be rather rushed dunno why but it needs quite some work.

4+2+5-1=11

Originality: 4

Heat berries here! Liechi Dugtrio, Custap Diancie, Salac Hoopa are all good. Slight reduction on Salac Qwilfish which is why this isn't perfect. 3 out of 4 when you only needed 2 is great though.

Use of Theme: 3

Contrary to popular belief, making a team full of berries wont give you extra point on this! Not sure why not just standard defensive diancie + defensive qwilfish. Trying too hard for the originality points. But some neat combination of berries here, but a more effective use of berries would have earned more points in here.

Effectiveness: 4

Rely too much on originality and no defensive backbone really hurts here. Chople DD Scrafty just destroys this team outright. Meloetta, Tyrantrum, and Emboar can also cause a lot of pain. Also pretty weak to physical Sharpedo

4+3+4+2=13

Originality: 2

CUSTAP AGGRON THATS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE, at least if you would've been using the right set... its better off with more HP and endeavor instead of thunder wave since the main thing you want to take out will be a mega steelix or a fighter. Else is standard fare.

Use of Theme: 3

Would give this a 4 if Aggron was Adamant and had Endeavor over T-Wave. No need for Jolly and Endeavor guarantees something is dying next turn.

Effectiveness: 7

Solid team, but the changes to Aggron would have been nice. Would have liked to see Kabutops over Hitmonlee as a spinner as well to make it easier to beat Fletch. I understand not using Flygon since you have a suicide Rocker.

2+3+7+2-1=13

The winner of this Round is...
Chakra

Congrats!

Due to suspect test, the deadline of this round will be on 10th March at 11:59 EST.

MrAldo has stepped down from being an Iron Chef, and FlamingVictini will join as the newest Iron Chef!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)