Iron Chef: Smogon UU Edition - Teambuilding Competition, R10 - Cantata! (See p#595)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry again for the delay, all. That's a wrap, and this week's winner is Cloud Cuckooland ! The top four all stayed fairly close this round, but in the end Cloud Cuckooland's pseudo-Geomancy took home the gold with a comfortable lead.
  1. Cloud Cuckooland: 16.5 + 2 = 18.5
  2. Kreme: 15.5 + 2 = 17.5
  3. newfren: 14.25 + 2 = 16.25
  4. r0ady: 14 + 2 = 16
  5. DaSpoofy: 15.5 - 1 = 14.5
  6. Thisbemyalt: 11.25 + 0 = 11.25
  7. vexyyyy: 11.25 - 3 = 8.25
  8. BrandonBeast: 9.75 - 4 = 5.75
Thanks to all our chefs, judges and competitors! I'm way behind on trophies, but Cloud Cuckooland, you are added to the list.

I'm going to extend next round to be a week and a half, so that teambuilding and playing doesn't overly conflict with UU Open and Grand Slam. That gives our contestants plenty of time to come out with some outstanding dishes - with all the extra time, I'd like to see some real cherries this round!

This round's theme is...

Berry Festival!

For round 9 on Iron Chef, our contestants are going to get a chance to show off their sweet side. That's right - this round is all about berries!

In order for your dish to qualify this round, you must have at least two pokemon on your team carryin berries. That's it - nothing complicated, just pure berry goodness! Berries are rarely used competitively outside of Little Cup and Slurpuff, but they can provide some potent and unique effects. How will you show off berries in a competitive environment?

Will our Iron Chefs be able to handle the sweet dishes our contestants will bring this round? Find out on this round of Iron Chef!

You have one and a half weeks to complete your dishes, PM them to the chairman, and challenge one of our five Iron Chefs on the thread. The deadline for teambuilding and challenges expires Saturday, August 29 at 11:59 PM GMT.

Allez cuisine!

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
DISCLAIMER: Due to the preparations I'm committed to do for the Smogon Grand Slam (especially the UU Open), I will show off teams which, based on my experience, isn't suitable for the said Official Tournament; however, as promised, I will still play with the best I could do. Call this an easy round, and you'll get meme'd.

Iron Chef Journal #9.1

Cynthia's Chomp is the first challenger who stepped up to the challenge (because I said there is an Iron Chef waiting for him at that time). I sensed his weakness to Toxic Spikes, and exploited it somehow early in the game. One of Cynthia's Chomp's prized Pokemon running a unique set nearly made me panic, but as I made the right move, it didn't manage to show off its powers. With that, Slurpuff (lol, Play Rough missed unfortunately) and ultimately, Reuniclus sealed the victory against him. GG, though!

Lixx is the next challenger to step up to the challenge. A flurry of critical hits--some of them matter in my opinion--cost me the match, though I managed to claw my way back. GG, though!

I definitely have no clue with what Nightingales is doing during this Iron Chef battle, not gonna lie. His Magnemite surely is the main attraction of the team that almost made me panic; unfortunately, it didn't show its true powers when it got Taunted. GG, though!

Here came the next challenger in shiny sparrow. I speculated at first glance that almost all of his Pokemon holds a certain berry. Two of his Iron Tails missed badly, and the last time it hit didn't manage to KO my Crobat even while boosted. His team would then crumble to my Houndoom and Doublade. GG, though!

vexyyyy approached me for the Iron Chef challenge. There were strange things that happened during the battle; however, once I defeated two of his Pokemon that would hinder the sweep, I let Marill in on his weakened Nidoqueen and dealt massive damage against Salamence with Play Rough (which is KO'able by Aqua Jet). Ultimately, it stole vexyyyy's spotlight and started the sweep from there. GG, though!

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
for real where are all the battles! i was hoping for some interesting replays, but vexyyy's replay vs LilOu was the only one actually worth watching lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)