Iron Fist Infernape Gen 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an idea i came up with for a what hopefully is a viable Iron Fist set for Infernape. If i had to give this a title i suppose it would have to be "Punch with an Iron Fist".

Infernape@ Expert Belt Naive <IRON FIST>
EV's: 40 Sp Attack/212 Attack/252 Speed
Substitute
Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Focus Punch

Perhaps one of the most creative pokemon i have come up with, and i believe it can really punch holes in teams simply because of the sheer surprise factor. Substitute can be used when you switch into a pokemon that will inevitably have to switch out. Fire Blast for a powerful fire STAB Move, that dents physical walls that switch into Infernape. Focus Punch being the main move on this set, gaining a huge 270 base power with STAB and Iron Fist, going up to a staggering 324 base power with the super effective Expert Belt boosts. Stone Edge is preffered on this set to deal with Gyarados/Dragonite/Salamence that would otherwise wall this set. Expert Belt is there to fool people into believing Infernape has a choice item, as well as providing extra power for super effective hits without taking additional damage that would hinder this set.

Additional Comments
-Not bothered by common phazers (Skarmory)
-Does have problems with Latias/Latios and Ghost types
-Moveset can be tailored to what threatens the team more because of Infernape's diverse movepool and mixed sweeping ability
- Speed advantage over most Focus Punchers, who may be hit by Leech Seed/Staus before being able to Substitute.
-A potential base 324 attack is nothing to be sniffed at.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, he doesn't have to reserve (for those reserving sets, get to it). This, however, needs to he in proper QC format. Please glance at other threads in this subforum and fix this to make it look like an analysis in QC.

Regarding the set, I'd rather have the consistency and power of Close Combat rather than the practical one-time use of SubPunch. Once people have caught on to Infernape's way of fighting, they will be eager to break the Substitute. In situations where you need a Fighting-type move to take out things like, say, Blissey, being hit by a slower Seismic Toss is definitely not on this Infernape's list of things to do.

Edit: also, what. You need QC stamps for this to be in Copyediting, so chance the tag back into Quality Control.

what i'm wondering about is if Expert Belt's really the best item - Substitute will immediately reveal your lack of a Choice item, and while Fighting has good coverage, I really don't think anything weak to Fighting is surviving a super effective 270 BP move, Expert Belt or no.

and yeah, you probably want to take a look at this :)

Is Fire Blast really useful ? Also I think that you should enough evs to make your substitutes survive attacks like Jirachi's Body Slam, Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball, ..

focus punch is AC at best considering infernape gets close combat, which is almost always more useful than focus punch. also your formatting is completely off, please check some other c&c threads to see how these are generally put together. locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)