Is there anything (not related to Pokemon) that you are one of the best in the world at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in one of the dynasty warriors games (I think it was 5) there were these gates that would spawn endless amounts of soldiers until you kill the gate captain.
so I was just playing normally until my partner and the captain started chasing each other around a watch tower endlessly
cue infinite combo montage at the gate
so I guess[?] I have the highest combo in the world although that was kinda cheatin and doesn't really count as something I'm the BEST at

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I should've been a Season 1 Gladiator but my team fucking threw massively on the last day of the season not believing we had the rating to sit on and make it. ;__________; (Surprise surprise, we would have.) And I wasn't even a part of the losing, I got replaced by my inferior guildmate of a Paladin to play those games. Stupid bastards.

Then they replaced me Season 2 when they merged teams with their other guildmates and made Gladiator then. :[ Damn I was good at WoW.

I played Kid Icarus Uprising competitively, made it into what was the best clan, Sky Kings. So I'm at least top .1% of people who have played, probably smaller but I'm not sure on sales. Although not many people played competitively (maybe 1000) but I was pretty high up there in that group.
I also have the second highest Bird Mania 3D score, and maybe still the third in Bird Mania Christmas 3D.
There's other things but those are my highest achievements.

EV

Banned deucer.
in one of the dynasty warriors games (I think it was 5) there were these gates that would spawn endless amounts of soldiers until you kill the gate captain.
so I was just playing normally until my partner and the captain started chasing each other around a watch tower endlessly
cue infinite combo montage at the gate
so I guess[?] I have the highest combo in the world although that was kinda cheatin and doesn't really count as something I'm the BEST at
Which level/character?

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
after countless hours and unfathomably many failed attempts I achieved the lowest possible score in flappy bird

kek

Honestly though, I was one of the top pkers in RS around the 2012-2013 era. There's actually a lot more complexity to such a deceivingly simple game than one would think.

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm far from "the best in the world" but I consider myself a well above average competitive Yu-Gi-Oh player. I've won tournaments on a local and regional scale, as well as having reasonable records at UK Nationals (although this was 2 years ago, haven't been to Nats since and I'm much better now).
I also got among the highest scores in the country for GCSE Maths which I guess is something.
I'm not the most talented person but I thought I'd like to share these things.

I'm far from "the best in the world" but I consider myself a well above average competitive Yu-Gi-Oh player. I've won tournaments on a local and regional scale, as well as having reasonable records at UK Nationals (although this was 2 years ago, haven't been to Nats since and I'm much better now).
Fun! Which formats did you top in (and with which decks)?

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fun! Which formats did you top in (and with which decks)?
I won a regional in Mermail/Fire format (after Wind-Ups were hit) with Macro Rabbit siding Mind Control (I played 2 Rabbit mirrors late-on and won both of them with Mind Control), then I went about 5 weeks undefeated at locals playing HERO Beat during Geargia/Rabbit/I forget what else format because most other people played Geargia. I've also had success with Inzektors, TG Agent and, more recently, +1 Fire.

I won a regional in Mermail/Fire format (after Wind-Ups were hit) with Macro Rabbit siding Mind Control (I played 2 Rabbit mirrors late-on and won both of them with Mind Control), then I went about 5 weeks undefeated at locals playing HERO Beat during Geargia/Rabbit/I forget what else format because most other people played Geargia. I've also had success with Inzektors, TG Agent and, more recently, +1 Fire.
Very nice. I play a bunch of stuff online, but I'm too poor to put together a decent deck in real life. Still, gratz on your tops!

Lyto

Experience Tranquility
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While it isn't quite the worldwide best, I'm 3rd in the UK for Mario Kart 7 Time Trials and I've had a fair few WW Top 10s in the time I've played, if that counts...

One of the world's best reminds me of a player tag in FIFA 14. Ah, to be a Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery or Zlatan.

The problem is that when you're decently rounded in multiple activities like most of us are, its tough to be a "world beater" at a particular one.
At least in my case, the closest I've come is finishing my region's half marathon in record time first place under my age category. I also played and won our district level football (soccer) as a Central Midfielder in school.

I can play piano at 17 notes per second, and I used to be somewhat decent at Origami (I got burnt out after making an Origami Bahamut by Satoshi Kamiya).
Everytime I try origami, I rip apart all the paper and rage quit. I tried making a crane once.

It had no head.

after countless hours and unfathomably many failed attempts I achieved the lowest possible score in flappy bird

kek

Honestly though, I was one of the top pkers in RS around the 2012-2013 era. There's actually a lot more complexity to such a deceivingly simple game than one would think.
I got one pk , but then i quit RS for pokemon :l

Aw, the world outside of pokemon. My talent must be playing a drug addict because my Odessey of the Mind team got third in state (second goes to worlds) when we did one about drugs. Is being talented about pretending you are a drug addict a good thing?

My greatest talents are procrastinating and sleeping. Does that count? xD

In all seriousness, I'm a talentless dweeb. I like art, buuuuut... I need to practice that. A lot.

uh, i used to be a spelling bee champion??? i made it to regionals, came in third place and just short of a trip to D.C. for the nationals. my only trophies come from spelling bees. i'm a major dweeb all around

i guess i can make a damn good comic too but i feel so outclassed by all my classmates and maybe i'm not actually that good

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I got 7th out of ~670 people in Ohio in Latin academics? I guess that counts for something, especially as it was 7-12th graders and I am 8th grade.

I see more impressive ones here though, gj guys!

I took gold medals in forms, weapons and point sparring to capture the overall grand championship in not one but two different martial art organizations' world championships.

I am aware that you have no reason to believe that and I don't expect you to. But you asked!

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
I have a massive passion for video games. I find myself to be extremely well at any game I pick up. I don't really try to be competitive or MLG or anything, I play games to enjoy them and I'm happy. I'm Also Very good at being honest. Either if it's brutally or politely.

I'm not the best in the world at anything, but I did manage to get into the state swim team which was pretty cool.

Unfortunately I get really stressed at swimming carnivals, which doesn't help at all lol.

Remembering birthdays. If I happen to read somewhere that Jeff Foxworthy's birthday is on September 6, I will somehow carry that fact around for the rest of my life. I didn't even look that up, I swear, it just came off the top of my head. It's not like I try to remember birthdays either, they just stick in my brain for some reason. I think I have roughly 150-200 dates in my head at any given time. Helpful for remembering friends' and family members' birthdays but not much use outside of that XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)