1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #12 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by jumpluff, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

No mention of Growth being a Nasty Plot and a Swords Dance combined under Sun?
  2. Delko

Delko "ghost mod"
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Good issue!
  3. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

would just like to reiterate that between now and next issue i'll be accepting blurbs for the next smogon tabloids and the best ones will be added and credited in the article (i'll be sticking to longer tabloids pieces). so for simplicity if you have a twitter account, follow me:

http://twitter.com/SmogonTabloids

if you don't i guess you could just pm them to me on the forums but that could get annoying on my end so it'd probably be best if you just signed up for a twitter account it's not the most painful thing in the world and you can follow 50 cent if you do which makes it a win/win.
  4. Alan

Alan

i liked jabba's article the best. it was also the only one i read.
  5. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

The LC weather article was lacking in content. While psyduck does counter weather, it's not even close to the only one. Munchy beats special rain/sun sweepers and destroys hail, agility chinchou can set up on something and sweep back against rain teams (or sun teams with ice beam + water stab!). Basically, it would've been nice to see stuff about weather abusers' sets (sub sd gligar anyone?) and other stuff like that. Trick Room should've gotten a mention. The article just lacked information basically, and I'm really disappointed that the one LC article in the smog was that bad.

Edit: The Smogon Tabloids got the part about lc players right at least.
  6. Professor Lamb

Professor Lamb

Excellent issue! Nice job to everyone who contributed!
  7. Reverb

Reverb I tip well
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Great job, guys! We'll miss you jumpluff. :'(
  8. tawp64

tawp64

Nice issue (considering I found my name in it...yesss), but I kinda have a problem with one thing. The awards for 2010 were nice, but why include worst post? This will definately cause people to flat out troll and be retarded. Trou De Cul will fill up with entries for this, and it could get out of hand.
  9. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I was really surprised to see Team STINKY MUSIC in there, how far it's come! Great issue, and thanks to all of the writers and artists that helped make this issue awesome!

Good luck jumpluff, and I hope you come back to us someday!
  10. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

drcossack stripped of his medical license... That made me chuckle.
  11. lati0s

lati0s

Have the mechanics changed? I thought compoundeyes thunder was 91% accurate.
  12. Tancho

Tancho

wow amazing I like it especially the LC RMT you finally care about us smogon I love little cup it's more balanced than NU.

-Rankuso
  13. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Good job you guys, was a really fun read- I especially loved all of the art contributed!
  14. zdrup15

zdrup15
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Ok, I've only read trivia, note from the editor AND the TCG Base/Jungle/Fossil metagem review.
    Thanks a lot for writing it. I still have many of those cards at home and it's always nice to remember the times when I used them. I'll read the rest now
  15. Rih

Rih

Thanks for another quality issue, but what exactly is on the cover? If it's a Pokemon I'm totally not getting it ~_~
  16. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

Its a picture of voodoom which is the latest CAP Pokemon.
  17. Rih

Rih

Ah thank you, I was totally getting a voodoo doll vibe
  18. SHERA

SHERA

Great Issue, as all other in the otherwise.
    Thanks jumpluff and other guys for the exelent work they've done.
    Jumpluff, I hope that you'll return soon.^_^
  19. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Not really.

70x1.3=91
  20. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

To anyone who has complained, or is thinking of complaining, remember that The Smog is run by volunteers - if you feel that <article> is lacking in content, or could elaborate more on certain issues then why not take it up on yourself to write a better article for next issue? Complaining is both ungrateful and hypocritical if you yourself do not volunteer to contribute.

This is also a call to other people who are thinking of contributing - if you have an idea, then don't be shy!
  21. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

Great issue, I really liked the tabloids.

We'll miss you jumpluff :(
  22. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Whoops, totally missed the thunder thing. I didn't write the analysis for the little spider, so I just glanced over for grammar/spelling/overall quality.
  23. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I really liked Smog#12, C00L read! Looking forward to another B0SS one! 0 and jumpluff is a BEAST Smog contributer, sorry to hear you go!
  24. Wafflez

Wafflez

Another great issue looking forward to the awards ^.^
  25. JRank

JRank
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Great issue guys, but I had one question. With the Smog awards how do I cast my vote? (I know, n00bish question but I didn't see it mentioned)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)