1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #14 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Rising_Dusk, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome back to a new year, a new month, and a new issue of The Smog! This issue, our fourteenth, has been a lot of work for all of the contributors and artists, and we're finally proud to unveil it to you! You'll notice a brand new organization scheme for our index, which will hopefully make things easier for you to navigate, and a lot of very cool fifth generation and cultural articles that should sate your appetite for a good long while. I want to thank all of the staff that helped so hard on this: Swaggersaurus, Seven Deadly Sins, and especially Deck Knight. I particularly want to thank, however, our users for ever being patient and lying in wait for our next release. We live to serve you guys; thanks for making this such a success. Enjoy!
  2. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

thanks everyone for making this happen!
  3. Eos

Eos some people just want to see the world burn
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Looks Great Dusk!
    Congratulations on making the next edition to the most awaited project (in some people's opinions)! It looks great and I can't wait to read it in full depth.
    Way to go guys
  4. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

The cover art for this issue is one of my favorites, good shit. Great work as usual guys!
  5. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

rd i totally fixed that link for you OH MY GOODNESS
  6. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]
  7. EspyJoel

EspyJoel Espy <3
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

GJ everyone!
  8. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

nice job everybody!

(also fuck yeah chou's art getting front cover, i am in love with that ho-oh!)
  9. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Great Job everyone!
  10. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As one of the contributors who "dumps his stuff" and watches from the sidelines, I'd like to echo the cheers for the hard-working staff who make the publishing possible. R_D did a 36 hour cram-session of work for this guys, so please show your thanks.

Also, hey-- my first "serious" piece ever drawn for The Smog. :P
  11. STEELDRAGON

STEELDRAGON

Faboulous Job everyone!

One of the best issues so far.
  12. Oglemi

Oglemi We broke it. Yes, we were naughty. Completely naughty.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Huzzah and so forth.

Good job writers and R_D!
  13. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

This is probably one of my favorite issues of all time; great job!
  14. UnhandledException

UnhandledException

I loved this issue. Excellent job everyone!
  15. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Great issue! You guys are all awesome (yes SDS, even you).
  16. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

That Reshiram artwork... so good. Can't wait for the smogcast.
  17. Precipice

Precipice Thats bull.
    is an Artist Alumnus

great job everyone ^^

Awesome job on the front page Chou!
  18. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

I've no idea if I'm to make an embarrassed face or a proud/excited face for this issue, but it's kinda a mixture of both that lingers in me. Still, I'll post I guess.

Thanks to everyone in the Smog staff for just getting things working. RD's pretty much our Smog hero (imo!), with Setsuna stepping up and helping with the HTML. Multiple thank yous for the writers who stepped up and wrote their respective articles head on - Aerrow, macle, Destiny Warrior, you know your name.

There are definitely many interesting and exciting features about this issue, including Chou's splendid Kansai travels, good advice about creating Warstories, and, probably best of all, the arts. From bugmaniacbob's annoying Gengar animation (which, I believe, was the first animation ever to be provided in an article?) to *Hen*'s cute Frillish, there sure are plenty of flavor in art here! The paintings of Ho-Oh and Reshiram are nothing if not works of a dedicated artist. That said, I hope you guys enjoy(ed) this article! (and ill definitely work harder next time!)

oh yeah, wake up erazor >_> lol
  19. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Sorry for all my absenteeism this issue.

Also thnks Fatecrashers for the Smoochum and CHou for the resize.

Also I am award-winning, awesome!

Good work everyone, especially Dusk.
  20. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Congrats to all the authors of this issue of the Smog and a special praise to Aerrow, vashta and Nastyjungle for their RMT article :)
  21. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thank you, Flora.

Good work everyone.
  22. Shinxe

Shinxe there and back again
    is an Artist Alumnus

Awesome work dudes! I always love looking at all the art. Thanks for letting me do another hit-and-run contribution with that Reshiram!
  23. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

the artwork was probably at its finest this issue. really good stuff, i enjoyed the botw comics, those were pretty cool.
  24. polelover44

polelover44

Sucks to be Fate.

Good issue.
  25. Kinneas

Kinneas

Good work team!
    I honestly think there's more deserving people for the best artist award (just look at that cover art for a start), but thanks anyway everybody who voted for me :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)