1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #14 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Rising_Dusk, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starbuccaneer

Starbuccaneer

Great work guys, really appreciate all the time and expertise that goes into it. Thank you!
  2. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

nobody can ever take the crown of best firebot poster from me
  3. THE_IRON_KENYAN

THE_IRON_KENYAN 0 vv 0
    is a Forum Moderator

4. AndViet

AndViet

Awesome job on the latest Smog release, and good articles.
  5. Plusle

Plusle

Good Job
  6. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

Good job, love the cover art
  7. sax king

sax king

Awesome job, one of my favorite issues yet.

One thing that really stood out to me though in the ground analysis though:

"[Landorus]'s 89/80/80 defenses top it off, allowing it to take a hit or two....... [Golurk]'s 89/80/80 defenses leave something to be desired however"
  8. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Consider the two roles.

Landorus is a fast sweeper, and only needs to take one hit tops while setting up to blow stuff up. It doesn't need to rely on its defenses to do damage, they just help it somewhat. (plus it's 90 Defense, not 80 Defense)

Golurk is a slow hard hitter, so it doesn't have much traction outside of being a bulky attacker. It would be a great defensive Pokemon with a unique typing were it not for its subpar defenses, which really let it down a lot in its role.

Make more sense now?
  9. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Especially since firebot doesn't exist anymore, lol
  10. PlatinumDude

PlatinumDude

Good job on this article, guys.

I especially liked the artworks for Reshiram and Excadrill outspeeding Jolteon.

The Reuniclus, Reshiram and Entertainment section articles were my favorite articles this issue.
  11. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Good job, though I find the lack of SubDisable Gengar in the "Born to Survive" article disturbing.
  12. Zebstrika

Zebstrika

This is the first Smog I've fully read, and I must say I'm very impressed and now I have thirteen others to read.

I believe it's because Landorus is very bulky for a fast mixed sweeper, but Golurk doesn't have the special attack or speed to make up for its defenses not being the best.
  13. masterful

masterful

What can I say? It was fantastic, as always. I always look forward to the next edition of the Smog. Way to go especially to the artists for this issue. All the art, ESPECIALLY the cover art was fantastic.
  14. Sandstorm

Sandstorm

The article about traveling to Kansai is so relevant and random.
    I'm traveling to Kansai in two weeks.
    I had previously went back in September and I am now realizing that yes, Kansai = Johto. O_O
  15. gookie

gookie Administrator
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

'Twas a great edition, hope the upcoming smogcast continues the trend in outstanding quality, GJ all who contributed.
  16. Toaster

Toaster

Great job to everyone who put effort on this amazing issue. Well worth the rather long wait too.
  17. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

18. Tarquin

Tarquin

Thanks guys :D

This is one of my favourite issues of The Smog, read it cover to cover and found ti really interesting. Also, the front illustration, strong play.
  19. kill yourself

kill yourself .|~Fashionista~|.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

Great issue. I liked the artwork and the botw comics were hilarious
  20. zdrup15

zdrup15
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Being a Pokemon player since R/B, the OU Veterans article was especially pleasant to read.

Keep doing this great work!
  21. xcfrisco

xcfrisco

loved the nostalgia from the OU veterans article. Those are 3 of my all time favorite pokes (zapdos remains and will always be a huge asshole, lol)

Great issue!
  22. (makeup)

(makeup) kevin
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This was a great read. I read this cover to cover and loved it. Thanks for all your hard work!
  23. afterburn

afterburn rattled
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Very interesting. The team rating guide was particularly good, and I learned some important things from it
  24. Ryner

Ryner

This was the first time I read Smog and I got hooked so I've been reading back issues for hours.

You guys did really great job making it! ^^
  25. Articanus

Articanus

Thank god for that warstory article. Some of the more recent ones are painful to read at times.

...though I was kinda hoping to see my name thrown in there more than once. Oh well, considering how often I post it doesn't surprise me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)