1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Issue #18 Feedback Poll!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by bojangles, Jan 9, 2012.

?

Which articles did you enjoy the most?

1. Interrogation of Rising_Dusk

29.8%
  2. Tournaments Coverage

16.7%
  3. Featured Pokémon: Rotom-W

10.7%
  4. Featured Uber Pokémon: Kyogre

21.4%
  5. Featured UU Pokémon: Alakazam

9.5%
  6. Featured LC Pokémon: Gastly

9.5%
  7. Type Analysis: Steel

13.1%
  8. The Role of the Bulky Psychic

19.0%
  9. A Guide to Stallbreakers

19.0%
  10. Weather in Ubers

9.5%
  11. Featured OU RMT

14.3%
  12. Featured UU RMT

9.5%
  13. Featured RU RMT

13.1%
  14. Featured LC RMT

11.9%
  15. BW OU Metagame Analysis

26.2%
  16. DPP OU Metagame Analysis

14.3%
  17. Forgotten Favorites in RU

17.9%
  18. Ready for a Whole NU Metagame?

15.5%
  19. Fallen Stars

28.6%
  20. What's New in LC?

8.3%
  21. RU Overview

13.1%
  22. Judge a Pokemon: The Smog's 6th Art Panel

27.4%
  23. Smeargle's Studio Update

9.5%
  24. The Arterview: paintseagull

11.9%
  25. Brushing Up on Your Skills: Top Tips!

10.7%
  26. Little Cup: The Mystery Explained

13.1%
  27. Inb4 Nintendo: Metagames to Be

17.9%
  28. Working the Lower Ladders

16.7%
  29. Check Like the Prose: Vol. II

13.1%
  30. A Recent History of Analyses

15.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Hi everyone! We at The Smog are always looking for some feedback, so here's another polling thread. Post some feedback here and we'll take it into consideration for future issues.

Some questions to keep in mind:
    • What are your favorite articles? Why?
    • What can we do to improve for future issues?
    • What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover?

If you have any more questions or things you'd like to address, please feel free, but remember to justify your opinions! In addition, please try to keep everything civil. Keep all criticism constructive and not disparaging! Thanks.
  2. AP3000

AP3000

I was just checking Alakazam on the strategy pokedex for B/W and he is listed under OU and not UU. Other then that it was a really great issue! I was considering using Alakazam on my team after reading his article
  3. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

I enjoyed watching Duck get interrogated. I'd like to try that someday.
  4. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Article was written before the January tier shift, and it was UU at the time.
  5. Unbreakable

Unbreakable

Well, when it falls back down, it'll be relevant. (120 speed + MG = not gonna happen anytime soon)

As always, loved the JAP section. Starmie and Cloyster a la Chou Toshio had me in stitches. I'll probably be looking at the stallbreaker section very closely, though, as I tend to freak out if an enemy stays on the field for more than five turns.
  6. FireSummoner

FireSummoner

I always have a lot of fun reading the interviews and JAP sections. As I haven't been active in the community, it is nice to learn about the people who have made this what it is. The LC articles were very cool as I normally only spend time reading up on OU and Uber, but always thought it would be a lot of fun to try it out. Please keep up the good work.
  7. Eman Resu

Eman Resu

Just something I've noticed through reading the Pokemon analyses:
    Every synergy section talks about entry hazards, and that's about it. Some of them differentiate a little, like how Kyogre's added a bit to Tentacruel, but otherwise it seems somewhat repetitive--I think it's fairly obvious that entry hazards help a sweep, and there is no need to mention it so often and put so much focus on it, unless the Pokemon is one whose common counters are all weak to Stealth Rock or something, or if the Pokemon is Volcarona. And even then it doesn't need to be mentioned with as much emphasis as it has.

Still reading through, might say more later. I like these, they have quite a bit of personality in them. It's nice to know you guys aren't all hyper-competitive robots sometimes. XD
  8. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Interrogation of RisingUnderscoreDusk was amazing.
  9. Mazz

Mazz Retired
    is a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

For the next article, could there be some crazy, hardcore VGC analysis and examples of commonly used Pokemon? I was hoping that issue 18 wuold have covered some of it, seeing that its a new-ish set of Pokemon and whatnot.
  10. MegaKick

MegaKick

i loved the art panel as always, each week just keeps getting better. Everything about the issue was awesome though.
  11. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

I love articles that deal with the OU metagame and strategy. I would enjoy seeing an article on effective team building process in the future.
  12. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

entertainment articles are always the best imo, disappointed we didn't have any this issue.

I also miss mop's musings and power rankings. I know battling and pokemon are important but to be honest a ton of people on this site already know pokemon really well, so maybe there could be a greater focus on creating entertainment articles? (as in a greater focus then there currently is, not a greater focus on entertainment than pokemon articles)
  13. barry4ever

barry4ever
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Couldnt really agree more with panamaxis. Having no entertainment article this time made the Smog feel really quite nerdy and also a bit boring.
  14. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene kick, snare -- kick, snare, kick, snare -- rinse & repeat...
    is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Agreed.
  15. jumpluff

jumpluff those things aren't romantic to me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Go harass MoP; he was supposed to write an article but johned. :p (PS we will keep the feedback in mind, that's what it's there for, I just wanna point out that one is MoP's fault!)
  16. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison

Too bad there were no entertainment articles. I did like the LC articles though, I've always liked LC, and it seems to be picking up in popularity.
  17. ShortsTheory

ShortsTheory

A pretty good issue. BW OU threats was a useful article. Oh yes, bojangles deserves a mention for his fantastic 'interrogation'.
  18. Bruno Magno

Bruno Magno

This is with no doubt one of the best Issues! Bold things are damn good
    • Featured UU Pokémon: Alakazam
    • Type Analysis: Steel
    • The Role of the Bulky Psychic
    • A Guide to Stallbreakers
    • Weather in Ubers
    • BW OU Metagame Analysis
    • DPP OU Metagame Analysis
    • Featured LC RMT
    • Fallen Stars
    • inb4nintendo
    • Check Like the Prose: Vol. II
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)