1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #18 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Rising_Dusk, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tsk, and yet another happy occasion is ruined by unhappy news. Proud to be a pessimist.

Well, in all seriousness, R_D, I feel safe in assuming that we'll all miss you too. It's been nice to have somebody so capable around and dare I say in charge, and the world's a worse place now. Though I have complete confidence in Setsuna & co.

On the plus side, this is a fantastic issue to end on. Excellent work to all concerned.
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thank you for being such a star RD and keeping the smog alive! It was my baby for a while (tangerine if you see this fu!!!) and I'm glad to see it's still going strong. Good luck Setsuna, you'll do a great job.
  3. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it's tangerine's and yours and mine and rd's and now setsuna's baby <3
  4. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

RD-Oyabun D:

You will be missed...

(oyabun = respected gang boss)
  5. STEELDRAGON

STEELDRAGON

Another a great issue as always....

R_D has put a huge amount of effort into the sight over the past few years, and Good luck in where ever life takes you!
  6. Seth Vilo

Seth Vilo

As much as I hate to be nitpicky...

7. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The difference is that Shuckle requires setup, Kyogre does not. (That is kind of the point; the article is actually correct)

Also, thanks for all the warm feelings guys! I'm glad that you are enjoying this issue and think I did a good job in my time here. :3
  8. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

good job to everyone that made this article possible, and it's been awesome getting to know you R_D and I hope you still come around every now and then to say hi!
  9. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Once again, this was an excellent issue, and as usual I want to take a couple seconds to congratulate all the Smog users who contributed to this issue and helped made it yet another successful edition -- you're all great.

Rising_Dusk: you've been an astounding headitor, and I can't really stress this enough. I tried my best to keep you here with us for a little longer and it is real sadness to see you part, but at the same time I understand your reasons for doing so and that's fair enough. ;) And well, now I finally took over the PayPal account, at least...

Anyway, thanks everyone. I love the Smog and I'll keep doing my best to contribute to and lead this successful online magazine. Cheers!
  10. NivMizzet

NivMizzet

Can someone please explain to me why the Salamence on the cover is pink? Its been bothering me cause shiny Salamences are green so I don't get it....
  11. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

obviously you just have had bad luck with your salamences because the strongest and best ones are pink

(answer: because i felt like it)
  12. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Great issue and all that, but i do have one question: Why does it say "Released 8th January 2011"? Shouldn't it be 2012?
  13. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

LOL! We live in the past Just a typo xD nice catch. Thanks! Fixed.
  14. Delko

Delko
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Excellent as always, sorry you see you go R_D :/
  15. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

great issue, and good luck in your future endeavours Rising_Dusk, BR0.
  16. Nova

Nova Palisades
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Amazing issue, good luck in the future R_D!
  17. LighTz911

LighTz911

Great issue as always! Good luck in whatever you do, Rising_Dusk!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)