1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #19 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Setsuna, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just because I'm badged doesn't mean I know how to edit everything xP.
  2. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

good job guys, pleasure to work with you all again!!

apologising alongside chou for the jap trouble. my first time sitting it out... oof...

ILL BE SURE TO BE BACK NEXT TIME STRONGER THAN EVER
  3. Zebraiken

Zebraiken seize the day
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus

this is incredibly awesome

also i loved oglemi's fabulous article
  4. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

This is great!
  5. Oglemi

Oglemi <&Oglemi> i am a gay badger buddy :3
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Good work to everyone on this Smog, there was so much content this time! And I'm glad to see the positive reactions to my article as well! You can bet there'll be more Top 10 articles coming your way soon :)
  6. WarJar

WarJar

I believe there is a mistake in the Flying Pokemon analysis, it says that once Moxie Salamence get's a well timed Outage kill it can ride it through. Unless I'm mistaken, Dream World Salamence cannot learn Outrage.
  7. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Congratulations to all of our hard Smog workers! This is the first issue that I've been personally involved in, and wow was it a blast. The Smog community is very encouraging and supportive. They're also creative and willing to help you flesh out some ideas. I can't wait to work with you guys in the future =)

This is not true! The combination of Moxie and Dragon Dance + Outrage is what is illegal within competitive play. This means that if you want to use Moxie, you much choose one move or the other. If you're curious about how this works, check out the Salamence analysis, specifically the Dragon Dance and Choice Scarf sets.
  8. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

awesome stuff
  9. LUST

LUST
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

All the content was amazing, especially Oglemi's article. Fantastic job everyone.
  10. Delko

Delko "ghost mod"
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Very nice, good job guys !
  11. SoulWind

SoulWind
    is a Tiering Contributoris a SPL Winner

Nice read as always, good job guys !
  12. WarJar

WarJar

Is there a problem on PO then? Maybe my version is outdated? It says the move and ability are incompatible...
  13. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

have you tried updating to the latest version? i have used moxie outrage mence on the latest version and it totally works
  14. Harsha

Harsha Rest In Beats
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Good stuff, guys! Keep up the hard work! :toast:
  15. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

Thx again for all the hard work you've all done to bring us this awesome issue, it's always a pleasure to read them.
  16. Eos

Eos kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
    is a Battle Server Moderator

a fantastic read as always

how blara and limi got best server mods i'll never know LOL!!!!!
  17. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Oh damn this is a lot to read :O

Now I know what I'm gonna do at school all day tomorrow.

But 40 articles, damn...
  18. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

The Honchkrow article is critically flawed.

Honchkrow has 71 Base Speed, so it actually can outspeed Magneton (not much else though). Need to do the research, guys.
  19. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ok, I fixed the offending sentence, sorry about that. Should be fine now though.
  20. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Just wanted to say my congrats for pulling this off, guys! 40 articles with ton of artwork! GOOD STUFF
  21. AJC

AJC

haha i like some of the art Honchrow article and the how moves work especially the pic of the jacked up on caffeine from worry seed Ursaring
  22. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

The Smog has always been like a fine meal to me.

Issue #19 is gigantic cake, with hamburgers and fries on the side with 2 drinks. I have no idea where to start, but I find its usual best if you just go at it without thinking about it too much. I ended up enjoying pretty much every article. You guys kickass, if a print copy existed i'd collect all copies.

I don't have a particular favorite, but shoutouts go to Oglemi's section, it had me in tears the entire time.
  23. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Once again, I greatly enjoyed getting the opportunity to work with the wonderful staff and my friends at The Smog. To the general public: rest assured the next issue will be even more awesome!
  24. Karaty Kid

Karaty Kid

Now ITA pokmon battle arose from somog
  25. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Wiser words hath ne'er been spake.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)