1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #31 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Setsuna, Nov 26, 2013.

?

Which article was your favourite in this issue?

1. Interview with NixHex

13 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Ask the Admins

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. The OU Council

17 vote(s)
    13.9%
  4. RU Ready to Say Goodbye? Interviews with BW RU Veterans

14 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Forum Projects: Viability Rankings

11 vote(s)
    9.0%
  6. Trivia

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Doubles Spotlight: Kyurem-Black

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. NU Teambuilding 102: Cores

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. A Look at RU Viability Rankings: S Rank

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  10. Why Choose Doubles For Gen 6?

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  11. Thoughts on Suspect Test Round 11

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  12. ADV and DPP Underdogs that would be threats in GSC

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  13. CAPs in the CAP Metagame

7 vote(s)
    5.7%
  14. XY Little Cup: The Dawn Of A New Era

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  15. What's NU in XY

16 vote(s)
    13.1%
  16. Revolutionary New Sets

24 vote(s)
    19.7%
  17. The Art of Fakemons

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  18. Judge a Pokémon: Mega Cool or Mega Drool

14 vote(s)
    11.5%
  19. Smogon Conspiracy Theories: PART DEUX

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  20. Pokérap Battles: Dragons vs Fairies

32 vote(s)
    26.2%
  21. A Taskmaster's Tools: Productivity and Pokémon

7 vote(s)
    5.7%
  22. Last and Least: The Most Forgotten Pokémon

18 vote(s)
    14.8%
  23. Showdown Lowdown: Public Rooms on PS!

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  24. Nostalgia: The Most Memorable Music of Pokémon

14 vote(s)
    11.5%
  25. Pokémon with Wasted Potential of Gens I-V

21 vote(s)
    17.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

The Smog #31

Welcome to issue #31, our last one of the year! It’s been a really great year for the Smog -- in fact, it’s been the best year to date for the project. We have put together more issues (we’re up two issues year-over-year) as a result of the monthly release schedule introduced at the end of 2012, we have welcomed more contributors than ever before across all sections, and we have added new recurring series to our repertoire of already existing and popular ones. We've also appointed new Staff members, streamlined the Article Submission process, and even began to lay the infrastructure for future technical updates that we'll be rolling out... Continue Reading.

We actually released last night, technically speaking -- and some of you already know that. But for those who don't, we had to deal with some ugly technical problems that essentially brought this release to a full halt. Despite this, we managed to get back up on the horse and roll out. Hope you all enjoy this one, cheers!

– – –​

We, of course, welcome your constructive feedback. You can leave that below and be sure to cast your vote on the poll we've included in this thread. As always, if you would like to write or draw for the Smog, give us a pitch in the Article Approvals subforum.

~ Setsuna, Flora, Toast++, skylight, Bummer, Birkal, and sandshrewz
  2. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Great issue guys! I know it took a while to get released and we had a few major difficulties, but we did it!
  3. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks to all our contributors for this issue! To those who haven't noticed, GatoDelFuego earned his Smogon Media Contributor badge by GPing tons of our lovely articles (did he even make a single article???). Congrats to him! piikachuu is a newcomer to The Smog's GP team and with bugmaniacbob returning, we're getting back on track.

There's a particular someone with a Z who has also returned. You'll be seeing him in the incoming issues!

Goddess Briyella and Edacosis, I hope you peeps stay around for some time! Those are some amazing quality articles both of you pumped out!

starwarsfan, young padawan, you will learn the way of the force.

Hope we can gather some more newcomers next time around!

(tech problems are the worst)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Goddess Briyella and starwarsfan like this.
  4. Mack the Knife

^Don't worry I know a few people I think I could convince to write for the smog. Also Fuzznip How about Rodents vs. Cats for the next rap battle?
  5. starwarsfan

starwarsfan

I hope so.
  6. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

want to personally thank chameleonskyes for stepping up and giving us a great piece of art for the article

thancks =]
  7. chameleonskyes

chameleonskyes red
    is an Artist

I had fun with it, so thank you for the opportunity! ^^
    Monte Cristo likes this.
  8. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego This is what is technically known as a Firecat
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

no

:)
    Hulavuta and Alter like this.
  9. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

omg literally worst
    GatoDelFuego likes this.
  10. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Great job all you blokes, and particularly thanks to all you artists who decided to step in and help illustrate the articles on short notice.

I don't recall writing that. I'm currently at work so I can't edit it, but to make things simple, just erase the last two sentences in my Absol entry.
  11. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You said "change it to "maybe it's a dinosaur"", which was clearly meant to be an edit to your "maybe it's Maybelline" joke on your Tyranitar entry... but for some reason Flora changed the Absol entry instead. And I literally laughed out loud when I read it so I didn't bother to point it out (so please keep if possible, I'm a great fan of absurd humour).

Also a nice issue! Glad to be back, well done to all contributors etc.

EDIT: Look it's an esoteric sense of humour, it's a deeply unfortunate medical condition that should not be laughed at ok
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    Level 51 likes this.
  12. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C
    is a Contributor to Smogon

While the number of articles seemed to be a lot less than that of the previous issues, really liked quite a few of the articles (great job starwarsfan with your articles n_n) and also the rap (such ERB !_!) fire vs water seems like a good idea for the next one imo. hope to see more good stuff!!!
    starwarsfan likes this.
  13. skylight

skylight winner of smogon's most sizzlin' grill 2014
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The thought of this makes me laugh out loud totally should keep it imo Bummer.

Also great issue gj everyone :)
  14. PokeGyarados

PokeGyarados

Why are all of the issues on The Smog so good???!? Yet another great issue :D
  15. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The artwork this issue were pretty awesome !! :D

Also this is the first issue that we're using XY sprites iirc!! Props to the XY spriters :D Great work guys! ^_^
  16. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Great job, guys! Read through a bunch of the articles and was thoroughly impressed!

On a MUCH more pressing matter,

Sunny Day VS Rain Dance for the next Rap Battle :3
    scorpdestroyer likes this.
  17. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

This has been such a fun issue to work on. We've got tons of new members stepping up and contributing, as well as older members leading the charge.

Biggest compliment this issue was when setsuna told me "I didn't have to fix much of your HTML." n_n

Great works you guys, I can't wait until issue 32!
    Setsuna likes this.
  18. GarchompPit

GarchompPit

This is the first issue that I fully read and I have to say good work guys for making such an amazing and fun issue!Keep it up! :)
  19. Lord Ghetsis

Lord Ghetsis

We need Arceus Vs Bidoof
    scorpdestroyer likes this.
  20. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

The Judge-A-Pokemon article was pretty great. Rodan's Absol rant was hilarious.
  21. cjrocker

cjrocker

This is a great issue, kudos to everybody involved. I've noticed though that you guys don't post new issues of The Smog on the front page anymore? What happened?
  22. Mack the Knife

chameleonskyes likes this.
  23. Goddess Briyella

Goddess Briyella Unbreakable Heart
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Glad to be a part of another issue! Every read was wonderful. Great job, everyone. ♥
  24. skylight

skylight winner of smogon's most sizzlin' grill 2014
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We tried to but apparently only chaos can do it so we're waiting for him or Doug iirc.

@ Mack, remind one of us to give you a link to the SCMS jump later on. I'll fix it up if nobody has by the time I'm home (even though auto merge is evil but whatevs).
  25. tcrfelton

tcrfelton

Woo! I was secretly hoping my Garchomp would make the cover, lol. He's so damn cool :)
    Plus, Lord Ghetsis and Namso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)