1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #4 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by RBG, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

[​IMG]
    (click the image to go to the Issue)

Only 6 weeks this time! Out much sooner than last time!

Lots of HG/SS stuff this issue, as well as all of your returning favorites!

We hope you enjoy this issue. Any comments/concerns/suggestions can be sent to the Smogon user The Smog through PM.
  2. august

august free the robots
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

Very good job everyone on the early release and of course writing excellent articles!
  3. DCJ

DCJ

Excellent work everybody, glad it's out so soon. Now I think I have a bit of reading to do.
  4. Rewer

Rewer
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Amazing!
    Really good job guys! ;D
  5. hanke

hanke
    won the 6th Official Smogon Tournament

yeah excellent work guys ;]
  6. Justinawe

Justinawe

Awesome work on the issue guys! Nice to see that my question was featured in the "Ask The Admins" section. :D
  7. HSA ♥

HSA ♥ I am the God of the new world.

I was the "anonymous" question asker in ask the admins. For some reason my post was deleted.

Good job!
    I loved it.
  8. Afroninja22

Afroninja22

A superb job. Can't wait for the next issue.
  9. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

Fantastic job, nice and quick.
  10. ThePatriot

ThePatriot

Good job, keep up the good work!
  11. Mr.378

Mr.378

Great articles, especially the one on mafia. Keep up the great work.
  12. Despotar

Despotar

Amazing job, as usual, keep up the good work!
    That was sure quick to be released!
    My question was on the smog! :D
  13. Ordinando

Ordinando

Hey, just one little thing. In the Kingler section of the HG/SS UU changes, it mentions that with agility it can outspeed choice scarf Rotom. However the set given has crabhammer and return for attacking options, so it just doesn't really seem to make much sense.
  14. LoveDensity

LoveDensity

Nice articles and some areas are greatly improved especially the tournament section. The tournament section was more in depth of a specific tournament. Although, I would like a small little brief presented by past articles of other tournaments finished or currently played.
  15. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Excellent work as usual, I especially enjoyed the art in this issue, it was really well done, really the only nitpick I had was with the tourney's article especially considering the world cup had such a good finals, it should have gotten at least a mention imo... but anyways I like the whole idea of people picking favorites and making notable matches, the format looks pretty well set (and awesome) for future issues. keep it up!
  16. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

394 Atk vs 190 Def & 241 HP (90 Base Power): 261 - 307 (108.30% - 127.39%)

LO Crabhammer absolutely destroys Choice Scarf Rotom.
  17. Sceats

Sceats

Damn, loved the nu and mafia articles. Very well done!
  18. Urbanism

Urbanism

Great issue! The fallen stars article was pretty insanely awesome. I'm a huge fan of reading stuff like that. I also enjoyed the NU article as well. The sprites article was really opinionated and pushy though, IMO.
  19. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

Another great read, probably the best issue yet. I especially liked reading about poor old Heracross in the fallen stars article. I know who to base my next team around! Keep up the good work!
  20. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I will add your name to this question in the article, and I apologize. When the time came to get the article on-site I could not find the original post.
  21. Boingo

Boingo

I absolutely loved the articles about the HGSS sprites and UU suspect nominations. Kinda disappointed over the bog standard featured OU and UU teams.
  22. Revolution.Z

Revolution.Z

awesome job cover was epic whoever drew that is awesome!
  23. Toaster

Toaster

Great job guys.Nice to see the smog arriving quicker than usual.I really loved the sprite thread.

Keep it up
  24. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks guys, always glad to hear good feedback.

That would be Rocket Grunt, who should all get your praise for being a cool artist.
  25. Houndour

Houndour

Just wondering why Dark Lucario wasn't interviewed, seeing as he won the Smog Tour recently.

Otherwise, an awesome informative and well rounded issue. You guys do a great job ^^;
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)