Issue #5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one! I especially, like everybody else, enjoyed the laddering article. It's very useful and I even found a few of my own flaws in it! Also, these are getting up faster and faster with each one. Nice job guys!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Well done everyone. I like the final product a lot, especially bugmaniacbob's court room art and Reverb's ladder article.

Jimbo is getting bigger by the day. Congrats.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Really loved the art in this issue, along side X-acts speed analysis. The double interview were very nice reads too. Congratulation's to jimbo (again).

I liked it, no doubt, but it felt like it was missing something that I just can't put my finger on. I especially liked the guide to laddering, but I think it could be applied to all ladders, not just OU. I can get frustrated, but I try to keep playing, so I know what the whole tilt thing is about. =/ I learned something lol. Well done guys, well done.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Can't Tyranitar do more than this though? Shockingly, yes. Tyranitar can deploy Dragon Dance to make its Attack even more ridiculous and boost its mediocre Speed."

That is pretty terribly written...
The article or just the sentence? I won't feel tarnished if it's the former as I'd rather have an honest opinion.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good job! I enjoyed reading most of the articles, especially the laddering one.
+1, I enjoyed reading that as well. I didn't know IPL had to go through extreme measures to keep the rating up.

Jimbo really needs to cut down on this Thick Fat before it overwhelms him...

I liked the laddering article a lot (since I shoot for the stars). The Smog nominations (thingy) article was also a good read.
The artwork also continues to get more and more amazing for me, and I'm glad the artists in this community have something to focus their creativity into. It makes the final product that much better.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah next time how about you let me chill in Malta Jimbo; I now have a head cold.

Great job with this issue everyone!

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Perhaps the total lack of UU articles?

Any reason for that?

Other than that, it was quite nice.
The tier is such a mess that many articles that would deal with UU were opted out of or altered to exclude UU.

A great read as usual. Like a lot of people, the laddering aticle was the best part. Especially how it was written that Blissey, Forretress, Rotom-A, etc are omnipresent on IPL's teams, only for me to play him in a ladder match and he wasn't even using stall!

Oh, and the courtroom art was brilliant.

Keep up the good work!

Nice

Nice work, but I found a mistake in Hail Team. Walrein has Modest nature, but if it has +Def nature, it will need 32 EV less for the same stats. Try to recalculate it.

My favorite article from this was the laddering article since it gave me a new perspective on battling and knowing when to stop laddering if I ever want my ranking to go up.

I love reading these, keep it up. Also is there any way I could help out in terms of editing? (my battling experience isn't godly, so I wouldn't be able to apply for anything else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)