Issue #5 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Tangerine, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YTP

YTP

Nice one! I especially, like everybody else, enjoyed the laddering article. It's very useful and I even found a few of my own flaws in it! Also, these are getting up faster and faster with each one. Nice job guys!
  2. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Well done everyone. I like the final product a lot, especially bugmaniacbob's court room art and Reverb's ladder article.

Jimbo is getting bigger by the day. Congrats.
  3. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

Really loved the art in this issue, along side X-acts speed analysis. The double interview were very nice reads too. Congratulation's to jimbo (again).
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Another great issue, loving the interviews and X-Act's bit.
  5. Reverb

Reverb You deserve it
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

KG really did a great job on the cover
  6. Flamewheeler

Flamewheeler

I liked it, no doubt, but it felt like it was missing something that I just can't put my finger on. I especially liked the guide to laddering, but I think it could be applied to all ladders, not just OU. I can get frustrated, but I try to keep playing, so I know what the whole tilt thing is about. =/ I learned something lol. Well done guys, well done.
  7. Colonel M

Colonel M BATON PASS IS NOT BROKEN MUSHARNA COUNTERS IT!!!1!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

The article or just the sentence? I won't feel tarnished if it's the former as I'd rather have an honest opinion.
  8. franky

franky
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

+1, I enjoyed reading that as well. I didn't know IPL had to go through extreme measures to keep the rating up.
  9. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Jimbo really needs to cut down on this Thick Fat before it overwhelms him...

I liked the laddering article a lot (since I shoot for the stars). The Smog nominations (thingy) article was also a good read.
    The artwork also continues to get more and more amazing for me, and I'm glad the artists in this community have something to focus their creativity into. It makes the final product that much better.
  10. tennisace

tennisace white bitches be like
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Yeah next time how about you let me chill in Malta Jimbo; I now have a head cold.

Great job with this issue everyone!
  11. A.P.

A.P.

Perhaps the total lack of UU articles?

Any reason for that?

Other than that, it was quite nice.
  12. Reverb

Reverb You deserve it
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The tier is such a mess that many articles that would deal with UU were opted out of or altered to exclude UU.
  13. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

A great read as usual. Like a lot of people, the laddering aticle was the best part. Especially how it was written that Blissey, Forretress, Rotom-A, etc are omnipresent on IPL's teams, only for me to play him in a ladder match and he wasn't even using stall!

Oh, and the courtroom art was brilliant.

Keep up the good work!
  14. Royal Regice

Royal Regice

Good work! I, like everyone else, enjoyed the laddering article, and I also enjoyed the Pokemon analysis on starmie.
  15. Mr.378

Mr.378

Just read through this isssue, nice job on it.
  16. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA

WAWAWAWAWAWAWA, I like the laddering one, it was nice tioread :D and I beat all of those Suspect teams:pimp:
  17. Nauar

Nauar

Well done, I really enjoyed reading it.
  18. madvorak

madvorak

Nice

Nice work, but I found a mistake in Hail Team. Walrein has Modest nature, but if it has +Def nature, it will need 32 EV less for the same stats. Try to recalculate it.
  19. metalrush

metalrush

This was really nice, I think I learned something from this.
  20. psy002

psy002

awesome work and great cover
  21. Roshi

Roshi

My favorite article from this was the laddering article since it gave me a new perspective on battling and knowing when to stop laddering if I ever want my ranking to go up.

I love reading these, keep it up. Also is there any way I could help out in terms of editing? (my battling experience isn't godly, so I wouldn't be able to apply for anything else)
  22. BunnyMaster

BunnyMaster

Thanks for all the hard work you guys did to bring this to us. The laddering article was my favorite.
  23. Tbone

Tbone

hahaaha Goldbat looks like his sprite from r/b. But A great issue!
  24. Noey19

Noey19

This was pretty good. I cant wait for the next one.
  25. Despotar

Despotar

Loved it!
    I am excited for the next one..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)