Issue #7 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Yes, awesome cover, but regarding the actual content, I didn't enjoy reading it very much. I've only read a few articles and the ones that I did read were kind of skimpy and bland. I feel that this issue doesn't measure up to the quality of past issues.

good job team esp jimbo dealing with us lazy peeps -,-

i don't say this too often but well deserved jp

I was amazed (and pleased) that three of my questions made it in to Ask the Admins.

EDIT: I agree that a lot of abilities would be much better on other pokemon (Shed Skin = awesome on Dragonite/Tyranitar, too bad they don't get it).

Honestly, i'm a bit dissapointed with the content of this Smog. :X Not sure why, but i thought the past issues were better. The cover is beautiful however, and i did enjoy the article about abilities.

I should point out that the bottom "Next Article" on the Metagross page is broken.

Good job, regardless.

(EDIT: Yeah, it links to featured_pokemon_ou instead of featured_rmt_ou.)

pure power slaking brought back memories of wonder guard sableye and recover swampert

ah the good old days

Unfortunately, my question was not given a "good" response. I am still unclear. My question was also rephrased.

My question was:

Why did you choose "Smogon" (German for "Koffing") as the name of this community?

Is there a story behind it? Since "Koffing" seems somewhat random.
And it was rephrased to:
This is one I've wondered: what is the origin of the term "Smogon"?
And the response from the Admin was:

Not only could this question be asked via another medium, but you could ask almost anyone who has been around for a while. Heck, checking Wikipedia would give you an answer so much earlier!
There is no explanation from Wikipedia as to why Smogon chose "Smogon" as their community name.

Under the WSC article, the Grass-type Sandslash sprite could not viewed.

I don't know if this happens to everyone else or it's just my computer.

-Terywj

minor issue with the ablitys article in that it says snorlax with base 100 attack when lax has 110 base attack

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know, I really enjoy reading the Smog. It often offers great insight regarding the current metagame and I look forward to its every release. Unfortunately, Issue #7 packed the least amount of punch for me. I was never a fan of Metagross and there weren't any groundbreaking articles to catch my eye.

But don't let one little dissenting viewpoint dampen your spirits. I enjoy it as a whole and I will keep reading it so long as you keep releasing it.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pretty cool, but I did find the content a bit lacking. Ariados in Ubers sounds very sexy though =D.

For those of you who are worried about the size and content of this one, relax! We've already got a LOT of great stuff planned for the next issue. ^_^ I promise you'll love the next issue, no matter what metagame you play. There'll also be other articles too! And remember that you can always contribute to the Smog yourself (see Jimbo's sticky).

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For those of you who are worried about the size and content of this one, relax! We've already got a LOT of great stuff planned for the next issue. ^_^ I promise you'll love the next issue, no matter what metagame you play. There'll also be other articles too! And remember that you can always contribute to the Smog yourself (see Jimbo's sticky).
That's good to hear. ; >

As a favourite of mine in RSE, this issue's focus on Metagross was a pleasure to read. Also, props to the trait article.

Fear

GSC Monarch
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Very enjoyable read, props to the writers of the issue. I have to agree with Taylor on the trait article,it kept me busy for a few hours and also made me reconsider a few "forgotten" pokemon just for the traits described.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I particularly enjoyed the WSC article - it was well written and the critique was innovative and engaging.

Jesting aside, congrats to pluff though it comes as no surprise :P (also terywj that's just you)

Well done, very well written and great articles. I look forward to the much anticipated releases of the smog so much these days it scares me

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I always enjoy reading the smog ,but in terms of content I did find this smog to be a little underwhelming. With that being said I think the smog is interesting and it's articles have been very helpful and fun to read. I just wanted to see more of them. Still, a great job to all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)