1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gym IT HAPPENED ON 4/20... (Pwnemon vs Frosty Grass Qualifiers)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Glacier Knight, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

(Disclaimer: I don't smoke weed. But ;ots of weed references and stuff, I'm not promoting it I promise, It's just all in the Flavor. Cheers~)

*~Music to go along with the story~*
    *(It's groovy man, I promise)*

Every day of the year, the man gets to push the little man around... you know what I mean man? The business men, the construction men, the pizza men... they all get a beating from the Big Guy, and not the guy from the sky- I mean the corporate hokies with their cancer sticks and gold cars, man. They're harsh bro. They keep you working and working until you're just an old sack of bones. Harsh.

BUT, there's one day man. My favorite day. When the peace just flows, its so groovy. Everyone is relaxing and having a good time. Party it up! Yeah man, the month of April has a special day! It's the twentieth man! That's the day that was given to everyone for the love and relaxing, and that's what this story is all about man.

The story is about Love! Love... and pokemon man.

4/20 is where our story begins...

Oh whoops. It kinda begins on the 4/21st. You'll see~

Glacier Knight awoke to three pairs of eyes staring right at him; one was full of concern... while another pair was being rolled. The third pair were still pink from the majestic night before, and the mouth attached to the face that bore those eyes gave a little chuckle.

[​IMG]
    "Haha hey! He's alive! I told you IAR, my boy Glacier's always up bright and chipper in the morn!"

The rolling eyes belonged to none other than the previously mentioned, who in response rolled his eyes back even further.

[​IMG]
    "I'm sure. Anyway, let's get to business. Deck Knight needs the information now, so everything can be implemented and set accordingly.."

The teenager, blatantly flashing his gaudy badges of rank, as designated by all of DK's officers, turned to reach into his pur- Man Satchel. While doing so, Glacier rubbed the morning grogginess out of his eyes and surveyed the room.

[​IMG]
    "Eugh! Moldy bed, peeling walls... and why does this place reek of dead rattatas? Simon, what are we doing in this crappy motel room?"

His light-headed merely shrugged, and the third figure, a mister Electric Leader, spoke up.

[​IMG]
    "You tell us, you big Pot-Head! We found you in here, with all your "kush gear", and Simon was sprawled out on the beach over the hills!"

[​IMG]
    "Pot-Head? But I don't do that stuff. I'm straight-edge-"

But Glacier glanced fearfully over to his pal Simon as the com-padre chuckled some more

[​IMG]
    "SURPRISE! YOU GOT TOTALLY FUCKED UP LAST NIGHT! Wooo 4/20! Ahaha!"

[​IMG]
    "WHAT!? Simon are you kidding me? wait what did I-"

[​IMG]
    "hehehe what DIDNT you do! You made good buddies with "Mary-Jane", hung out with Jack D. and Jose Q. for a LONG time, haha AND you know that really hot Cheryl girl we met earlier-"

The excited and still hyped-up Bard was interrupted by the cut-throat Ground Leader.

[​IMG]
    "OH YES!, DO go on and on about how you two publicly slandered yourselves by indulging in such distasteful substances, on the EVER SO HOLY 4/20! Hmph, zip it Simon. Now Glacier, normally I wouldn't bother interrogating such dismal and stupid festivals such as these, but the truth is that something very important happened yesterday night, which you were the only one to bear witness."

[​IMG]
    "....Eh?"

[​IMG]
    "You really don't remember a thing? Dang, that must have been one hell of a 4/20.."

[​IMG]
    "Just a 4/20? HAHA MORE LIKE A TASTE OF THE RAINBOW WOOOOO BOOZE AND BOOBS AND-"

[​IMG]
    "YES YES WE GET IT, YOU TWO DECIDED MARAJUANA WASN'T GOOD EVEN AND GOT COMPLETELY SHIT-FACED! Zip it for pete's sake! Now... Glacier, you did something last night very imporant. A reffing, don't you remember? There was a battle that is very important to the ASB-League."

[​IMG]
    "....Eh?"

[​IMG]
    "I reffed a wet T-Shirt contest, hehe does that count?"

[​IMG]
    "Um... I'll just take Simon out for a little fresh air, eh IAR? You figure out who won the Qualifier from Glacier."

The Blonde teen proceeded to remove the boisterous friend of Glacier's from the Motel room, leaving only the oblivious victim of a crazy last saturday night and a persistent name of the law to discuss what happened...

[​IMG]
    "God, that chump is seriously doing nothing with his life... ANYWAY. You honsetly don't remember anything from last night Glacier? The festival? The partying? And more importantly the Gym Qualifier!"

[​IMG]
    "...Gym Qualifier?"

[​IMG]
    "Yes, Gym Qualifier. Not all Gyms are finalized, you of all people should know that."

[​IMG]
    "Well Duh I'm on the Gym Committee. But the only Gym without Qualifiers is Grass...

[​IMG]
    "Yes?"

[​IMG]
    "And you said it took place yesterday night...?"

[​IMG]
    "Yes.."

[​IMG]
    "And yesterday was 4/20.."

[​IMG]
    "UGH YES I KNOW. Grass Qualifiers were on 4/20 HA HA HA WHAT A COINCIDENCE SO COOL OH WOW GEE FROLICKERS!"

[​IMG]
    "...Did someone piss in your cereal?"

[​IMG]
    *Sigh*
    "Look, let me put this simply and frank. Yesterday everyone smoked pot. You smoked pot. There was a huge ass festival/party/rave on the beach front. Two grass trainers, Pwnemon and Frosty, were there and there was a Grass Qualifier match. AND ONE OF THE TWO WON THE MATCH."

[​IMG]
    "Well I mean that's how a battle works!"

[​IMG]
    "...I am going to throw you in quicksand. Just tell me who won, so we can give them the official Grass-Leader Title and we can open the gym."

[​IMG]
    "Wait if I was the only one who knows about the match, then how did you and Dogfish know it happened?"

[​IMG]
    "I didnt say you were the only one who knew about it. Hell, a large crowd was present at the time! However... everyone is hiding from the authorities at the moment, because you know, 4/20, illegal substances, etc etc."

[​IMG]
    "And you found me?"

[​IMG]
    "Enough! Yes and here you are and here I am, can you please just give me an Answer?"

WHO WON THE GRASS-QUALIFIER?

PWNEMON?
    OR
    FROSTY?

[​IMG]
    Alright, let's see what I remember....

Yes! There was a Grass Qualifier last night! on 4/20, the all holy day of marijuana! I saw Pwnemon on the beach front, just chilling out. He was kind of a prude I guess, not into the whole event. Why was he there anyway...? Never mind. But Frosty I think was having a good time. He stumbled upon Pwnemon, and one thing led to another.

I think I flipped a coin...

Heads for Frosty sending out/equipping First
    tails for Pwnemon sending out/equipping First

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It was Heads! So, that meant the order was-

Yeah that's what happened! And I remember the rules and their teams too now! They had some really strong grass pokemon IAR, I swear. Didn't Frosty defeat y-

[​IMG]
    "STOP TALKING, MORE POSTING IMPORTANT STUFF!"

[​IMG]
    "And I remember one more thing! I said..."

GOOD LUCK YOU TWO, AND HAPPY 4/20!!!!!!!!

BLAZE IT UP FAGGOTS
    *Pwnemon requested I say that*
  2. Frosty

Frosty =_=
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

[​IMG]

"Oh Boy. Now where the hell am I? I can't see anything with all this smoke..."

[​IMG]

"Lead the way, Diababa"

[​IMG][​IMG]
  3. Pwnemon

Pwnemon is a more intuitive player
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

That necturna is quite the defensive behemoth...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Icy Wind ~ Ice Beam ~ Blizzard

IF Knock Off and you're faster than Necturna then Sub (15)
    IF Necturna is behind a substitute and you haven't used Icy Wind yet then use Blizzard that action
  4. Frosty

Frosty =_=

[​IMG]

"Oh My God it's a Yeti!! Diababa do something about iiiittttt!!!!"

[​IMG]

Knock Off - Toxic Spikes - Brave Bird
  5. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

Outside the Motel...[​IMG]
    "...So now that IAR isn't around... WHY DIDN'T YOU INVITE ME TO THE PARTY!?"

[​IMG]
    "Heheh- wait, you wanted to come? But you dnot sm-"

[​IMG]
    "Yeah I don't, but I like to party ._."

[​IMG]
    "Doesn't everyone mate? Bar IAR, though I think his kind of party is a late night study session with his friends Adderall and Red Bull~ "

[​IMG]
    "Don't let him catch you saying that! Now, let's just sit put and wait for Glacier to spill the-"

The Electric Leader was abruptly interrupted by a loud and belligerent voice coming over one of the beachy sand dunes. The two turned their heads quickly to see....

[​IMG]
    "ROCK AND ROLL WOOOOOOOOO!!!! PARTY DONT STOP TILL I WALK INNNNNNNNNN-"

The new person, obviously still enormously drunk and toked up from the festival of 4/20, came running down the hill with such force, he slammed right into Dogfish.

[​IMG]
    "Hey watch it bub! Party's over dont you-"

[​IMG]
    "CAN'T TALK, PRETTY COLORS! THE COPS ARE AFTER ME AND I SEE MY DARLING CHERYL!"

The man then proceeded to roll around in the grass, mimicking some swimming notions. He suddenly got to his feet when he heard a-

[​IMG]
    "Boss! Boss get back here, you drank too much Cuba Libres!"

[​IMG]
    "CHERYL I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEARRRRRRRRRR..."

Dogfish and Simonsays saw the Lucario dash swiftly over the sand dune, running to catch up to his trainer. Ben however, would see none of it, and drunkely staggered away, screaming:

[​IMG]
    " 4/20 YOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

[​IMG]
    "..."

[​IMG]
    "...He's my idol. "

[​IMG]
    "Get back here Boss! Jeez'um, spouting off K$sha lyrics and "swag" lingo... He spent too much time around Matezoide..."

Back in the Motel...

[​IMG]
    "So? How did the Battle begin?"

[​IMG]
    "Well... let's see here..."

[​IMG]

"It was quite a start, let me tell you! Frosty and Pwnemon gave each other a determined look, and the battle began with haste!"

Two pokemon sent out in a flash, one a spooky specter! The other a most formidable snow beast, who instantly whipped up a Hailstorm! I remember this clearly, since the nearby stoners started to scream "WOAH MAN ITS SNOWING WE ARE SOOOOOOO HIGH RIGHT NOW!".

Both held Rare Candies, which gave them insane stats! Nencturna deftly noted this however, and decided to Knock Abomasnow's treat away! He didn't seem as strong though, But the Icy Wind still hurt! The chilling gale sent shivers up everyone's spine, maybe even mine!

Hell if I know, I was stoned.

The hulking snow beast then gave a chortle, as it was the speedier of the two! It gave a primal war cry, and promptly blasted his grassy foe with a harsh beam of Ice! Not even the warm april night could save the Necturna! It didn't freeze however, and instead spit up some nasty looking barbs! Ew! That's crazy man! They landed all around Pwnemon and Abomasnow... They were gonna be a foul thing to work around!

The Ice monster didnt let up though, and sent an even BIGGER gale of frost! Pretty sure the Stoners in the background began to make a snowman with all the icy precipitation... And that seemed to be the final straw for Necturna. She...

Well, she...

DUDE HOLY SHIT HOW DOES A PLANT USE BRAVE BIRD.

LIKE HOLY SHIT BRAVE BIRD DUDE WOAH.

Wait... did it really use Brave Bird? I'm totally high right now.

....Sketch? Works for me. Heh, I like Birdies.

Pre-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    HP: 100
    Energy: 100
    Stats: 6/5/2/6
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    Other:

[​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    Energy:100
    Stats: 5/3/5/4
    Speed: 52
    Ability: Snow Warning, Soundproof
    Item: Rare Candy
    Other:

Calculations (open)

Action One

Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a Hailstorm!
    Abomasnow -10EN
    Necturna used Knock Off!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [4373, NO]
    (4+(8.5-4.5)) x1 = -8HP to Abomasnow
    Abomasnow dropped its Rare Candy! :O

Necturna -3EN

Abomasnow used Icy Wind!
    Hit RNG: [1-9500 Yes, 9501-10000 No]= [1893, YES]
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [4316, NO](6+3+(4.5-8.5)) X 1.5 = -7.5HP to Necturna
    Necturna's speed was lowered! :O

Abomasnow -4EN
    Hail: Necturna -2HP

Action Two

Abomasnow used Ice Beam!

Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [684, NO]
    Freeze RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [5553, NO]
    (10+3+(4.5-8.5)) x 1.5 = -13.5HP to Necturna

Abomasnow -6EN

Necturna used Toxic Spikes!
    A layer of poisonous spikes were laid!

Necturna -7EN

Action Three

Abomasnow used Blizzard!

Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [1153, NO]
    Freeze RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [6838, NO]
    (12+3+(4.5-8.5)) x 1.5 = -16.5HP to Necturna

Abomasnow -7EN

Necturna used Brave Bird!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [7311, NO]
    (13+(8.5-4.5)) X 1.5 = -25.5HP to Abomasnow
    Necturna -8.5HP

Necturna -9EN

Post-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    HP: 48
    Energy: 81
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    Other: -1 Speed (1r)
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    HP: 67
    Energy:73
    Stats: 3/3/3/4
    Item: Rare Candy (Knocked Off)
    Other:

Arena: Toxic Spikes on Pwnemon's Side
    Weather: Hailing

[​IMG]
    "So you remember the first round... good good! Now keep it up, what happened next?"

[​IMG]
    "I...Um...Well.... I'm hungry. Got any grub?"

[​IMG]
    "Still got the munchies eh? Ugh, fine, there's a store through the small woods, let's go. BUT you still tell me all you remember as we walk. Deal?"

[​IMG]
    "Sweet! I really want some Taco Bell..."

Frosty orders/switches
    Pwnemon orders/counterswtiches/etc
    Glacier Refs (and settles the munchies)
  6. Frosty

Frosty =_=

[​IMG]

"huuuuh. Did I say Brave Bird? I meant Stone Edge. Oh well. Come out Fyros warm this battle up!"

[​IMG][​IMG]
  7. Pwnemon

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

GLACIER TELLS ME I NEED A TRAINER SPRITE. FINE.

[​IMG]

GARY IS AN ASSHOLE, I AM AN ASSHOLE, IT WORKS.

(This is legitimately my first counterswitch in ASB history [if you don't count the time I counterswitched as smashlloyd20 against atheno], so you better be happy you made me break this record)

'Abomasnow on a scale of not your fight to holy fuck really not your fight this is like a 9.5. Come back!'

'Cradily, let's show this flamey thing how it's done!'

Equipping leftovers

Ok time to stop switching around, frosty:

Stealth Rock ~ Sludge Wave ~ AncientPower

IF Pyroak uses Light Screen, replace all remaining actions except Stealth Rock with Stone Edge
    IF it is sunny, use Sandstorm that action and pushback
  8. Frosty

Frosty =_=

[​IMG]

"Not to be rude or anything, but seriously. Is this the best that you can do here?"

Flare Blitz - Stealth Rock - Flare Blitz
  9. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

Outside the Motel...

The belligerent man, who was running from his partner Lucario, fell flat on his face near the base of a rather large sand dune.

[​IMG]
    "Oof! OH GOD I'M DYING! I'M DYINGGGGGGGGGGGG."

[​IMG]
    "Huff huff.... phew... Boss! There you are jeez! Huff... ugh... Need more cardio..."

[​IMG]
    "I'M DYING CHERYL. Please.... tell Rico I loved him..."

[​IMG]
    "You buffoon! I'm Rico! And Cheryl... forget that! Look, let's get you hom-"

But before Rico could finish, a shout abruptly cut him off!

[​IMG]

"A WILD ZOROARK!!!!"

[​IMG]
    "....What? is he talking about m-"

[​IMG]

"STEVE! BOSCO! GETITGETITGETIT!"

Rico peered over the new fellow's shoulder to see a Primape, promptly knocked out, covered in candy bars and magazines. However, the other pokemon called, the Muk, was wide and awake. Maybe too awake...

[​IMG]
    "I AM A RAINBOW. PRETTY COLORS WOOOOOOOOO"

"COME AT ME ZOROARK I WILL SLUDGE YOU"

[​IMG]
    "What? That thing is multicolored now!?! What did it smoke... Boss help!"

[​IMG]
    "ZOROARK, USE V-CREATE!!!!!"

[​IMG]
    "...I hate you."

Right outside the Motel door...

[​IMG]
    "Alright, let's head on out. What was the second round like?"

[​IMG]
    "Food! Oh and well.."

[​IMG]

The explosive first round was suddenly shaken up! The two original pokemon were called back, and their replacements graced the stage!

...lol it wasn't a stage! We're in a field, duh! And I smell like weed...

Hehe.

The Ancient Beast has risen! CRADILY!

Another beast has rumbled into town! PYROAK!

The hulking Pyroak is quicker than his foe, and gives it a feiry slam! It attack would make an ordinary foe fly across the field into the ocean... but Cradily holds on! It's anchor body is sturdy, and flings jagged rocks all around! Pyroak has got to tread carefully now! But before the action ends Cradily feels a little sick.. the toxic spikes dug into Him, and he's poisoned!

Pyroak gives a blubbering nod, and sprays his own set of jagged rocks!

OW DAMMIT EEK WHAT THE FUDGE ROCKS EVERYWHERE.

NOT COOL GUYS. I'M YOUR REF DONT HURT ME TOO.

Now that the ground is basically a hell hole, Cradily attacks! But the toxic spikes haev seemed to make her queasy (or what it those shots of pineapple rum...), and she pukes up a horrible sludge wave! Now Pyroak is nauseous too! I think i'm gonna be sick too..

Nope. I have doritos! It's all good! Mmmm ranch flavored..

Pyroak heaves a tad, but remains solid! He gives a tremendous roar and Flare Blitzes Cradily again! No burn, but Cradily has lost half its health! To counter his foe, the ancient lily raises some jagged rocks and boulders from the surrounding area! it-

OH GOD FLOATING ROCKS. WITCHCRAFT. WHAT IS THIS SORCERY.

The scary rocks pulverize Pyroak! ITS WITCHCRAFTTTTTT.

And the Hail falls...

Pre-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Fyros (M)
    HP: 120
    Energy: 100
    Stats: 4/4/3/3
    Speed:
    52 (-10%)
    Ability:
    Rock Head, Battle Armor, Chlorophyll
    Item: Charcoal
    Other:

[​IMG]
    Pete (M)
    Energy:100
    Stats: 3/4/4/4
    Speed: 37
    Ability: Suction Cups, Storm Drain
    Item: Leftovers
    Other:

Bench (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    Other:
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    Calculations (open)

Action One

Toxic Spikes dug into Cradily! It is Poisoned!

Pyroak used Flare Blitz!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [5948, NO]
    Burn RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [3749, NO]
    (15+3+(6-6)) x1 + 4 = -22HP to Cradily

Pyroak -9.5EN

Cradily used Stealth Rock!
    Sharp pointy rocks were scattered all over Frosty's side of the field!

Cradily -11EN

Hail: Pyroak -2HP, Cradily -2HP
    Leftovers: Cradily +1HP
    Poison: Cradily -2HP

Action Two

Pyroak used Stealth Rock!

Sharp pointy rocks were scattered all over Pwnemon's side of the field!

Pyroak -12EN

Cradily used Sludge Wave!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [5498, NO]
    Poison RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [0457, YES]
    (10+(6-4.5)) x 1.5 = -16.5HP to Pyroak

Cradily -7EN

Poison: Pyroak -2HP, Cradily -2HP

Action Three

Pyroak used Flare Blitz!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [2938, NO]
    Burn RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [9804, NO]

Pyroak -9.5EN

Cradily used Ancient Power!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [3843, NO]
    Stat RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [9770, NO]
    (6+3+(6-4.5)) x 1.5 = -16HP to Pyroak

Cradily -3EN

Pre-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Fyros (M)
    HP: 78
    Energy: 69
    Speed:
    52 (-10%)
    Ability:
    Other: Poisoned (-2DPA)
    [​IMG]
    Pete (M)
    HP: 47
    Energy: 79

Arena:
    Pwne's Side: Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock
    Frosty's Side: Stealth Rock

Weather: Hailing 2R

Bench (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    Other:

[​IMG]
    "...you were /really/ fucked up last night, weren't you?"

[​IMG]
    "Not my proudest moment... I dont even recall why or how I got there!"

[​IMG]
    "I blame your buddy simon... now where are we again?"

The two trainers look around, and realize they are in the forest... and it seems as though they've been walking through it for much longer than they should have. The path to the store was pretty short....

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Crap."
  10. Frosty

Frosty =_=

[​IMG]

"oh boy, poison. lovely haha."

SWITCH PHASE INITIATED!
    Pyroak OUT
    Necturna IN
    Counterswitch?
  11. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

whoa there homeboy

edit: while i'm at it, slight miscalcs by glacier

sludge wave: [10+1.5]*1.5 = 17.25
    ancientpower: [6+3+1.5]*1.5 = 15.75

pyroak should have 1 less hp

OH and the hail is permanent until someone changes the weather with a move
  12. Frosty

Frosty =_=

Back in the day I asked on IRC about that rule. The conversation was something like that:

<Caffie> Also, question: I heard that the same player can't initiate a switch phase twice in a row, even if said player is the first to move. why is that?
    <dogfish44> that sounds wrong to me?
    <Objection> i always thought that that wasn't so much a rule as a natural consequence of how the switching system worked
    <dogfish44> You can initiate a switch phrase if you are ordering first
    <Objection> except actually it's not a natural consequence of how the switching system works
    <Caffie> it is on the Referee Resource Thread <_<
    <dogfish44> if you switch, AND your opponent doesn't, then you can't initiate another switch phrase
    <dogfish44> until the next round
    <Caffie> in my match the opponent switched and I started another switch phase. The ref called the rule from referee resource and I have to reorder.
    <dogfish44> link?
    <Caffie> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3475647
    <dogfish44> that rule itself is a load of malarkey then 9.9 (Note from translator: malarkey = nonsense)
    <IAR> just like confusion always lasting one action less than advertised... >.<
    <Objection> then go with a rule set in which confusion duration is not one action less than advertised
    <dogfish44> Looking at that rule, it should probably say "cannot switch multiple times within the same round", to clarify you can't go "Switching to X" --> "I don't conterswitch, your orders" --> "Fine, Switching to Y" --> "WTF how is that legal"
    <Caffie> load of malarkey as in "we need to change that eventually" or as in "disregard it"?
    <Objection> probably both caffie
    <dogfish44> ^
    <dogfish44> although simply removing it would be better
    <dogfish44> Deck_Knight, are you here by any chance?

It was in december. Since then I disregarded the rule completely. And several battles disregard that entirely.

I don't know how stuff is stuffing now, so I Request an official ruling about if that rule is still aplicable or not. If you don't mind.

(just so pwnemon stops whining:
    Revenge - flare blitz - Revenge
    if rock damaging combo and protect wasn't used on the turn prior then protect
    if pain split and protect wasn't used on the turn prior then protect
    but i still want the ruling!
  13. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

you have absolutely marvelously performed your job, Cradily. I couldn't have asked for more. Now, to rest.

I need you to KO Pyroak, first and foremost. However, I also don't want all my pretty Pokemon being poisoned when they switch in. So, on action 3, you're using a sludge wave + sludge wave combo. Remember, the first goal is to KO Pyroak, so aim at least 9/10 of it at him! But, it should also wash away the toxic spikes, akin to a poison type switching in, since it's basically a sludgey Surf.

Sludge Wave ~ AncientPower ~ Sludge Wave + Sludge Wave

IF i can't get the remove-tspikes effect a3 while keeping Sludge wave's BAP at or above 9, just disregard that part and have it do normal damage.
    IF Revenge crits, use Protect a2

I can confirm from competitive battling experience that post-round effect order for passive damage is weather -> leftovers -> poison. Barring a crit or burn from Pyroak, both mons fall this round.

your ruling:
  14. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

Flavor will be up. eventually.
    Pre-Round (open)
    [​IMG]
    Fyros (M)
    HP: 77
    Energy: 69
    Speed:
    52 (-10%)
    Ability:
    [​IMG]
    Pete (M)
    HP: 47
    Energy: 79

Bench (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    Other:
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    Calculations (open)

Action One

Cradily used Sludge Wave!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [9482, NO]
    Poison RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [4875, NO]
    (10+(6-4.5)) x 1.5 = -17.25HP to Pyroak

Cradily -7EN Pyroak used Revenge!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [3498, NO]
    (12+(6-6)) x 1.5 = -18HP to Cradily

Pyroak -8EN

Poison: Cradily -2HP, Pyroak -2HP

Action Two

Pyroak used Flare Blitz!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [7182, NO]
    Burn RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [4267, NO]

Pyroak -9.5EN

Cradily used Ancient Power!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [1494, NO]
    Stat RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [5938, NO]
    (6+3+(6-4.5)) x 1.5 = -16HP to Pyroak

Cradily -3EN

Action Three

Cradily used Sludge Swampage!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [34598, NO]
    (22.5+(6-6)) x 1.5 = -33.75HP to Pyroak

Cradily -31.5EN

Pyroak used Revenge!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [4581, NO]
    (12+(6-6)) x 1.5 = -18HP to Cradily

Pyroak -8EN

CRADILY FAINTED!

Hail: Pyroak -2HP

PYROAK FAINTED!

Post-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Fyros (M)
    HP: 0
    Energy: 0
    Speed:
    52 (-10%)
    Ability:
    [​IMG]
    Pete (M)
    HP: 0
    Energy: 0

Arena:
    Pwne's Side: Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes

Bench (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    Other:

Frosty sends out
    Pwnemon sends out and orders
    Frosty Orders
  15. Frosty

Frosty =_=

16. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

Who'd have thought your Necty would give me so much trouble off of 36 HP

Back to Abomasnow is the best I'm going to do here...

Ice Beam ~ Blizzard ~ Ice Beam
    IF Brave Bird used a1 AND a2, use Icy Wind a1
    IF Pain Split and it's still hailing and necturna doesn't have a sub up, Blizzard + Sheer Cold that action
  17. Frosty

Frosty =_=

In case you didn't see my sig, I am pretty busy this week. Due to shit. From 7AM to 22PM doing shit <_<;.

I intended to order here tonight, but those orders will take longer than I thought to crack...

Because of that, I'd like to request an extension to sunday night (monday would be better, but I think sunday will do).
  18. Frosty

Frosty =_=

20hp Substitute - Pain Split - Stone Edge
    IF Stone Edge misses then Rage
  19. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

I swear to god i will flavor these things when i have the time, finals are absurd >:|

Ice Beam ~ Blizzard ~ Ice Beam

20hp Substitute - Pain Split - Stone Edge

Pre-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    Other:
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)

Calculations (open)

Action One

Toxic Spikes Dug into Abomasnow! It got poisoned oh noes

Stealth Rocks dug into both Necturna and Abomasnow! Double Oh Noes
    SR: Necturna -12HP, Abomasnow -15HP

Necturna used Substitute!
    Necturna -20HP!
    Necturna +1 20HP Substitute!

Necturna -18EN

Abomasnow used Ice Beam!!

Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [4873, NO]
    (10+3+(7.5-8.5)) x 1.5 = -18HP to sub (2HP sub left)

Aboma -6EN

Poison: Abomasnow -2HP

Action Two

Necturna used Pain Split!
    Necturna HP: 14
    Abomasnow HP: 50
    Necturna +18HP
    Abomasnow -18HP
    (50-14)/3 + 6 = -18EN

Abomasnow used Blizzard!
    Blizzard hits and breaks the sub, because the sub has 2HP
    Yes, i am lazy, but there we go~

Aboma -7EN

Poison: Abomasnow -2HP

Action Three

Necturna used Stone Edge!
    Hit RNG: [1-9000 Yes, 9001-10000 No]= 4744, YES]
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [0216, YES]
    (10+3+(8.5-4.5)) x 1.5 = -25.5HP to Pyroak

Necturna -7EN
    Abomasnow used Ice Beam!
    Crit RNG: [1-625 Yes, 626-10000 No]= [4873, NO]
    Freeze RNG: [1-1000 Yes, 1001-10000 No]= [5497, NO]
    (10+3+(7.5-8.5)) x 1.5 = -18HP to Necturna

Aboma -6ENHail: Necturna -2HP
    Poison: Aboma -2HP

Post-Round (open)

[​IMG]
    Diababa (F)
    HP: 17
    Energy: 38
    Speed:
    Ability:
    Forewarn, Telepathy
    Item:
    Rare Candy
    Other:
    [​IMG]
    Maylene (F)
    HP: 5
    Energy: 54

Arena:
    Pwne's Side: Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes

20. Frosty

Frosty =_=

Pain Split A2 should get both to 32hp, since it doesn't hit the 25hp cap, as the gap is lower than 50hp (it was 36, meaning +-18hp each).

Then it goes: 32->30 (poison)-> 4 (Stone) -> 2 (Poison).

So Aboma should be alive to act a3 I believe.

Orders:
    Shadow Sneak - Shadow Sneak - Shadow Sneak
    IF Ice Shard + Ice Shard A1 THEN Protect A1 and push back
    IF Sucessful P/E THEN Chill and push back

IF Frozen A3 of last round THEN I reserve the right to reorder.
  21. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

i'm getting that necty should have 14 hp: 32-13.5 (ice beam)-4 (2a of hail)

also, abomasnow's hp should be 67-15(sr)-2(psn)-18(pain split)-2(psn)-25.5(stone edge)-2(psn) = 2

ps you forgot that my rare candy was knocked off

finally, orders

"There really isn't much you can do in this situation, Abomasnow. Just weaken him for Jumpluff to finish off... at least we'll get first order when the next phase begins."

Ice Shard + Ice Shard ~ ice shard + ice shard ~ ice shard + ice shard
  22. Dogfish44

Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

"Subreffin - yoink!"
  23. Dogfish44

Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator

Frosty OOOO - Stealth Rock
    Diababa (F)
    [​IMG]
    17 HP / 38 EN
    5 [6] Atk / 5 Def / 2 Sp.Atk / 5 [6] Sp.Def / 81 Speed / 3 Size / 3 Weight
    Shadow Sneak ~ Shadow Sneak ~ Shadow Sneak

Bench (open)
    -

VS

Pwnemon OOOO - Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes [1]
    Maylene (F)
    [​IMG]
    5 HP / 54 EN
    4 [5] Atk / 3 Def / 4 [5] Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 52 Speed / 4 Size / 5 Weight
    Ice Shard + Ice Shard ~ Cooldown [Ice Shard + Ice shard] ~ Ice Shard + Ice Shard

Bench (open)
    -

Hail: ∞

Battle BGM

Maylene summons a fast flurry of Ice Shards to strike down Diababa, but the crafty ghost revels in the fact that it can toss up a Protect with ease.

[​IMG]: 15/23
    [​IMG]: 3/34 ~ PSN​

And before Maylene can even catch her breath, Diababa smacks her down with a Shadow Sneak. Bitch.

[​IMG]: 13/20
    [​IMG]: 3/34 ~ PSN​

Calcs &amp; Rolls (open)
    Action 1:

Diababa used Protect!
    -7 EN
    Maylene used Ice Shard + Ice Shard!
    (9 + 7.5 - 7.5 + 3 + 1)*1.5 = 19.5 Damage [-7.8 EN]
    -20 EN

Hail Continues to fall!
    Diababa: -2 HP
    Maylene was hurt by Poison!
    Maylene: -2 HP

Action 2:

Diababa used Shadow Sneak!
    RNG Roll (To-Crit) (<=625): 2527/10000 (No)
    (4 + 7.5 - 4.5 + 3) = 10 Damage
    -3 EN
    Maylene was KOed!

Hail Continues to fall!
    Diababa: -2 HP

Frosty OOOO - Stealth Rock
    Diababa (F)
    [​IMG]
    13 HP / 20 EN
    5 [6] Atk / 5 Def / 2 Sp.Atk / 5 [6] Sp.Def / 81 Speed / 3 Size / 3 Weight

Bench (open)
    -

VS

Pwnemon OOOO - Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes [1]
    Maylene (F)
    [​IMG]
    0 HP / 0 EN
    4 [5] Atk / 3 Def / 4 [5] Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 52 Speed / 4 Size / 5 Weight

Bench (open)
    -

Hail: ∞

Pwne Releases & Orders
    Frosty Counter Orders
    REFEREE
  24. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

error was somehow carried through to this round, so if we work off of this end round summary, we get:

Necturna should have 3 more EN but 2 less HP; the round should have ended thanks to poison damage after a1, which means necturna cannot protect a1 of this round

Jumpluff's turn, no item because flying gem acro doesn't work right itt

Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics

IF Necturna uses Shadow Sneak + Shadow Sneak a1, use Protect a1 and Aerial Ace a2
  25. Frosty

Frosty =_=

COMBO (Shadow Sneak + Brave Bird) - cooldown - that combo again
    IF the COMBO is deemed unfeasible THEN Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw A1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)