Itemize (Now playable on Rom!)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
With there being that ditto semistall team which has gained a little traction, I kinda started thinking about how it'd work in this meta. With Quick Powder being a direct upgrade to Choice Scarf, it is able to achieve its goal with much more consistency as it no longer has to lock itself into a move in order to RK stuff. This also gives it wider utility due to its ability to basically copy any forms of utility which your opponent is able to use, allowing you to get up stuff like emergency rocks/spikes or to inflict paralysis/toxic/whatever on stuff that would otherwise cause trouble for the team. Just a thought more than anything.

Edit: also, I think a better comparison than Rock-Paper-Scissors here is that which is present within the Fire Emblem games (sword-axe-spear) due to the fact that, unlike in RPS, you are able to mix and match your teams so that they have more than just one of the three options. For the sake of making the comparisons clear, lets say that Light Ball, Soul Dew, Thick Club and Deep Sea Tooth are the same as swords, Eviolite, Metal Powder and Deep Sea Scale are the same as axes and that Quick Powder is the same as spears. In this metagame, you could in theory have an all-swords team, which, in theory, would usually lose v.s. spear teams and usually win v.s. axe teams. However, another sword build would be to have 3 or 4 swords and two/three utilising items from the other class options (e.g. 4 swords and two axes). This would be a sword-based build, and this example would imporove its matchup v.s. spear-based builds at the cost of worsening its matchup v.s. sword-based builds from a 1:1 matchup to a 1:2 matchup. Ultimately, I feel that this is going to become a big part of weakness management - just like in the fire emblem games - where you will have to pick and choose what archetypes you want to win v.s. and what archetypes you want to lose v.s. through careful consideration of team aim and careful analysis of metagame trends.

This probably seems pointless, but I felt like typing is because I like this fire emblem comparisom much more than the simple RPS one that people have been using so far.
quick powder "deactivates" upon transformation. it sucks but thats how the mechanics work (marty even confirmed it in this thread). (AKA: metal powder imposter ditto speed ties with itemless ditto with limber when impostered.)

Blissey > Chancey
Light Ball outclasses both Deep Sea Tooth and Thich club - maybe lower it to 1.5?
Lucky Punch = Stick
Quick Poweder is just ridiculous.

Is there any reason to use ANY old items? Leftovers is my only thought, but eviolite still ses better. Also, have we considered an item clause? I'm new, so...

I can see talonflame being completely monstrous now. With light ball (or thick club) it is starting off with a free swords dance (which it can boost if you felt like it) on top of a 120 BP STAB +1 priority brave bird. No longer does it have to worry about being locked into one move with choice band or being even more suicidal with life orb just to punch holes in things. Extremespeed users are in the same boat (looking at you linoone)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)