1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

It's about time...

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This site has been up for SIX WHOLE YEARS and our mascot still hasn't evolved? This is bullshit. How can we expect to keep up with other Pokemon sites when we're stuck with our pitiful little Smogon?

It's about damn time that we evolve from Smogon into Smogmog. There's no excuse for living in the past like this, it's just bullshit.
  2. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just to prove my point...
    [​IMG]
    Now this is a Pokemon that doesn't put up with bullshit.

SMOGMOG OR BUST
  3. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

personally i'm concerned that as we progress into this forward-thinking age our mascot is decidedly backwards

climate change is a serious issue that will affect billions of lives (and has already begun to) and we pride ourselves on our reverence of a polluter like koffing or weezing?

smogon needs to come into the 21st century like the rest of the world. our image is our reputation. reputation is everything

how about chingling?
  4. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Fuck SmogSmog that sounds retarded. Lets just ditch Koffing and use the manliest Pokemon on the planet (Garchomp) as our mascot.

I propose that we change our sites name to Knakrack.
  5. Great Sage

Great Sage

I'd argue that a Grass-type without a Poison sub-type would be the best mascot if we are to demonstrate concern about the environment. I propose Celebi. Its Pokedex entries indicate that it helps to preserve forests and natural environments. And it's not as if it's already been taken by some other website.
  6. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Supporting Celebi. Original and cute, gets my vote.
  7. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sawsbuck might be an even better fit than Celebi, the rotating forms for each season really do scream nature friendly and Deerling may be even less of a bad ass, but it gets the points for being a cuter potential mascot.
  8. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

putting my support behind celebi. It's an easily recognizable Pokemon and has been a significant one for 4 gens. Fits pretty perfectly IMO.
  9. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Honestly if we are going nature friendly then Suicune is the obvious choice. It can purify dirty water and stuff just by touching it. It's the Al Gore of the Pokemon world, except it actually does stuff instead of just bitching about it
  10. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

i was going to suggest marill, but there's apparently this site called marilland that's taken that already. so yeah, definitely backing celebi.

edit: in case you want proof that marilland exists, see here
  11. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Weezing is a shitty Pokemon anyway. As the fore-front website of competitive battle, I say we need an appropriate mascot.

Terrakion > Smogon
  12. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

yeah koffing is a shit pokemon anyway

can't we make it excadrill or something
  13. Great Sage

Great Sage

But Celebi can travel through time and heal forests that were and forests that will be, instead of just water that is. For this reason, I strongly believe that Celebi is capable of doing more for the environment through its lifetime than Suicune is.
  14. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I think we should use Wooper as our mascot instead. Instead of hugging trees and protecting the environment like a sissy, its slimy body makes it immune to natural poisons, symbolizing the strength of Smogon
  15. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

16. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

Smogon looks like poo
  17. Great Sage

Great Sage

Please submit any additional nominations you may have. I will make a poll one hour after this post.
  18. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

I never understood why we were the weak-ass Koffing in the first place.

Grimer is definitely the superior choice, and we'd be taking a step up in the world by doing so.

It's like we're finally switching from using a horrible NU nich Poke to one that actually has a place in the metagame.
  19. Cyrrona

Cyrrona starlet
    is a Tiering Contributor

Concern for the environment is all well and good...but what about adopting a mascot that embodies peace? The dove represents this better than just about anything, so I think we should look at Pidove. If we stick with German, Pidove becomes Dusselgurr--that's a strong name I think we can all rally around.
  20. Bad Ass

Bad Ass be cool
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

Smogon embodies the old site -- the old users like MoP and Justin####, and the ADV days. We need to move past that. I am in full support of a name change for our site.
  21. Great Sage

Great Sage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)