It's An Ou team!

This is my Second Showdown "Test" Team. I say Test cause that's what I do, I test out the Pokes to be used on my Main teams in my Games. I have to say, I prefer this team over my Rain team. Id like to emphisize, I DO NOT USE LEGENDS! Anywho, lets get into the nut and bolts of the team:

PROCESS:

Scizor was the first Pokemon I chose. I wanted to give him a try to be honest. He started out as a Flying gem user of Acrobatics, But I eventually moved over to a Choice Band Set.

Next came a Bulky Gyrados. Why? Well look at him , HE'S MENACING!!

Now I am Pro- Entry Hazards, but Anti-Long set ups, so I wanted something that can set them up, but also something that takes forever TO GET THINGS UP. I chose Dugtrio, due to his speed, that and his awesome powers of Revenge.

I chose a Bulky Dragonite with an interesting Moveset that I came up with. Why did I chose the less menacing of the Dragons? ....Well if you know could you tell me please?

An Alakazam with magic Guard and a Life Orb. Enough said.

Next Came Volcorona. I really like this guy and wanted to use him. Only Problem was that Dang Stealth Rock Weakness.

So that was the FIRST incarnation of my team, but after a Few Battles, I noticed few things had to change.....

Other than Scizor's Moveset Evolution, Volcorona was the First to go. I replaced him with a Donphan for some Spin Support. I wasn't a big fan of this Armored Elephant, But I am now.

Dragonite.....I just didn't like the "Duddly the Dragon" Look alike on my Team. So I decided to swap out for a Conkeldorr With Guts, that moved to an Iron Fist. However, something still wasn't clicking..

Gyrados was canned. Rotom-W came into its place. And I must say, For a washing machine, he packs a nice punch!

Dugtrio was working well...but I felt like something wasn't meshing. I decided to try and Aerodactyl on my team. It works, Although there are Situations were I miss Dugtrio.

Honestly Scrafty came out of nowhere. I was just standing around and I literally went, "HEY! Why don't I use Scrafty?!"

Well, thats my team as of now. Lets take a closer look shall we? The Members will be in order of how I thought of them.

IN-DEPTH:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

This is the Current set-up of Scizor I am using. As I stated earlier, this guy originally had a Flying Gem, and Acrobatics. However, I found that a little too gimmicky, and moved to a Life Orb set. I found Scizor die a little too easily on that set. Now I am not one for Choice items. I just don't like being locked into a move. However seeing as I mostly used the "In comes Scizor, Spam Bullet Punch" approach, I felt a Choice band set was Extremely Viable.

Scizor does have some problems though. The big one is Blissey. That annoying Pink egg thing, can take ANYTHING you throw at it, laugh and then make you very mad. Especially if it has Flamethrower......

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-W, the best of Rotom's Forms. Having only a weakness to Grass and being able to avoid EQ, is awesome. He originally had Will-O-Wisp in the third move slot, but I didn't find that it helped me, so I went to Pain Split, and now Im finding i want it back. (And ten to one if I go back, Ill want Pain-Split back. Thank you Murphy.) Although there isn't another member of my team using Volt Switch, I find that perfectly OK, as my team doesn't relay on that.

The only Problem I have with this set up...is well....Id like him to have a bit more of a Punch, but im not sure WHERE to take the Ev's out of to get it. Id also like to look into another item, I have a Leftovers on my Scrafty, and I personally think Scrafty needs it more.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Yes, that is FIRE BLAST. I saw a set on here I liked, but then the site CRASHED. The only thing I remembered was the Fire Blast. One person I battled on Showdown, was shocked, so MY PLAN WORKED! As you can tell, this guy is my Stealth Rock user, and my Lead. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn and Fortress, 2 Pokemon I commonly see as Leads. I decided to use T-Fang, as a way to deal with Politoad, another common I run into. I decided on EQ Because well...I found it to be the most usefull.

I am currently debating , whether to keep Areodactyl or switch back to Dugtrio. Im not too concerned about Longevity , so that's not an issue.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Bulk Up

Scrafty's main Job is to Dragon Tail and spread around Stealth Rock Damage, making it easier for his teams takes to take them out. The fact that Dragon Tail goes last, can help me to some extent. I've had a few battles where people would switch there Pokemon, trying to get something to take Scrafty down, and They would just be hit by a Dragon Tail. It also helps to STOP Pokemon from getting stat boosts in on him. If I'm able to/see an opening to, I'll get a Bulk up in there. Drain Punch is there for some extra Heal. Ice Punch is for flying, and Gliscor/Landorus. This is a rathe bulky dude, being able to handle UN-boosted super effective moves (namely Fighting and Flying).

Scrafty's main problem is if he comes in on a Pokemon that has a few boosts, an a super effective move. Depending on how many boosts, and the move, Scrafty will faint, being unable to do it's tail thing.The second, lesser problem is that Shed Skin never really activates when you want it to, but not much one can do about that.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

This is a beast. I can pretty much OHKO alot of the Pokemon I come up against. I went with Psychock over Psychic, cause of Blissey. I also have Energy Ball on this set. It might seem a little weird, but I find that works really well, and I don't think my Opponents see it coming. It also REALLY helps with Water/Ground types, as I dont have another way to effectively take them out. Magic guard is a big help, preventing weather damage, Entry hazards and stops 2 Status moves from actually working!

Alakazam did have trouble with an unexpected Pokemon, Slowking. I only faced one, but it WALLED me completely. I can't remember, but I think I lost to it. Also Sleep and Paralysis also cause Problems, since Magic guard does not stop it.

Donphan @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Donphan is my Rapid Spinner. I find that in OU, you do need to have a Spinner. For me and this team, this tank is it. I went with a Lum Berry, just in case Toxic Spikes are in-play. I find Ice shard to be sometimes Ineffective, but it does do what it's supposed to do: Give Donphan a priority move. Fire Fang is so that Ferroseed/Fortress don't wall the heck out of me. EQ is there for Stab of course.

The biggest problem for Donphan, is Spin blockers. Since his main Job is to Spin away Hazards, Spin Blockers can be a BIG thorn in my side. Especially Jellicant, since Donphan has no way to really fight back against those.

UNIVERSAL TEAM THREATS:

BLISSEY

This....thing. It annoys me to no end. Being able to wall pretty much anything I throw at it. Seriously if Doofensmirts made a Blissey-inator....he might actually have a better time. All that said, Blissey on Showdown isn't as bad as it is in game. WHERE ITS ALLOWED TO HAVE DOUBLE TEAM! As soon as Blissey starts double teaming, you might as well throw the towel in, cause your not gonna be able to do much else.

BRELOOM

I didn't talk much about Breloom cause I was saving it for here. Ive faced....maybe 2? The problem here is that the Technician Variant can take down my Scizor with Mach Punch, along with my Scrafty, if im not careful. The Toxic heal Variant I find more annoying. Since it SPORES. Donphan can only take one Sporing, and Scrafty......Well again, shed skin never activates when you want it to, in which case, Low sweep does me in.

SLOWKING

Although I have only run into one of these, I SERIOUSLY hope I don't again. It just stood there, like Blissey, took everything I threw at it, and laughed. However, I think I did manage to take it out, Unlike when I face Blissey and get.....heal smacked.

Nice team!

Use Dugtrio>Aerodactyl, because it can trap, counter and defeat common threats such as Terrakion, Ninetales, non-scarf Jirachi, Heatran, Tentacruel, Volcarona and many more! I would actually use a Choice Band set as Dugtrios attack stat is really poor, and if hazards on the field and Donphan is down, Focus Sash is certainly not going to be any use.
Stealth Rock>Fire Fang on Donphan, because even if it does get coverage on Ferrothorn, Skarnory and Forretress, a Stealth Rock supporter can really help.
Hidden Power [Fire]>Hidden Power [Ice] on Rotom-W, if you wish to hit those Forretress', Skarmorys and Ferrothorns, plus Donphan and Scrafty has coverage against Dragons such as Dragonite and Salamence!

Nothing else to say, but good luck with the team!

I would use Skarmory over Donphan it can set up hazards and take hits just the way and skarmory resists and is immune to alot of things.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite U-turn
- Brick Break Superpower
- Pursuit

U-turn grants Scizor fantastic utility, allowing you to create advantageous match-ups whilst maintaining momentum, ultimately generating an advantage in the process. Superpower replaces Brick Break because of the noticeable damage increase, and the stat drops are generally negligible due to Scizor being banded and thus frequently being swapped out when an inevitable counter switches in. In addition:
252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Brick Break vs 172HP/0Def Magnezone(Neutral): 73% - 87% (238 - 282 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Superpower vs 172HP/0Def Magnezone(Neutral): 117% - 138% (382 - 450 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Brick Break vs 248HP/0Def Flash FireHeatran (Neutral): 67% - 78% (258 - 304 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Superpower vs 248HP/0Def Flash FireHeatran (Neutral): 106% - 125% (410 - 484 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
Brick Break fails to net important OHKOs against the likes of Magnezone and Heatran. (Note, however, that almost all Magnezone roll with a sizeable investment in Speed, and Heatran naturally outspeeds, so with your current EV spread you'll need to hit them on the switch-in with Superpower for the OHKO.)

Replace Aerodactyl with:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

Hydreigon outspeeds and OHKOs or 2HKOs all three of your posted threats. In the case of Blissey, be wary of the stat drops from Superpower. Also, note that Scizor's Superpower is a guaranteed OHKO, so use him instead if given the choice.
0Atk Life Orb Hydreigon (Neutral) Superpower vs 4HP/252Def Blissey(Neutral): 70% - 83% (462 - 546 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Hydreigon (+SAtk) Dark Pulse vs 248HP/116SpDef Slowking(+SpDef): 70% - 82% (276 - 326 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Hydreigon (+SAtk) Fire Blast vs 236HP/0SpDef Breloom (Neutral): 171% - 201% (548 - 646 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
As a final note, replace Fire Fang with Stealth Rock on Donphan. Fire Fang is now unnecessary and Donphan performs the role of hazard-setter better than Aerodactyle on account of Sturdy.

Fire Blast is much more powerful when wielded by Hydreigon, and he makes a more reliable check to the likes of Sczior than Aerodactyl does, who risks getting OHKO'd by Bullet Punch. Also, Donphan can perform the duty of hazard setting better than your Aerodactyl could on account of Sturdy.

All EVs used were based on the common smogon set with the highest corresponding value/s.

Thanks for the advice. I've made the changes to my team that were suggested, bar U-turn on Scizor, I just really didn't like it. Rotom was changed to HP Fire, Donphan got Stealth Rock, and Hydregion got the nod.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi, cool team you have here!

My first suggestion is to switch to edit Aerodactyl's set. While very rarely seen in the current metagame, it is definitely something that can be very fun to use, especially in countering sets like Custap Forretress and Skarmory. My first suggestion is to change Aero's ability to Unerve to prevent the use of Custap Berry, among others. The next edit you should make is the use of Taunt over ThunderFang, which does virtually nothing for you outside of doing light damage to bulky waters. Taunt actually helps prevent entry hazards, and is overall much more useful than ThunderFang can ever be in practice. My next suggestion is to change Scizor's spread to one of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD in order to hit an important Stealth Rock number. You should also be using Superpower instead of Brick Break just because of the added power in order to break stuff like Ferrothorn, weakened Skarmory, and even just in-case of random switch ins, you will have a bit more power this way.

My next two edits will be changing team members which I feel are just obsolete and not needed on this team for it to find success. My first replacement will help you break stall. I would suggest replacing Scrafty with Rock Gem Terrakion in order to break through things like Jellicent, Slowking, Gliscor, Latias, and others which Terrakion has problems facing. The reason for this is due to Scrafty's very low viability in the current metagame, and just how it struggles at really doing anything substantial damage wise. My next suggestion is replacing Alakazam with LO Latias in order to cover Rotom-W, Landorus-I, Breloom, and Keldeo a lot better. LO Latias will definitely be a positive influence on your team, and it is a very solid choice on your team.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Latias @ Life Orb
76 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)