1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules. Feel also free to check out our hub to learn more about this place!
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit! You can also check out the Art Room on Pokemon Showdown!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by wekhter, Apr 22, 2011.

1. bombiron

bombiron

its angry amish that you dont have more luvdiscs dude, requesting a quilfish if youre taking requests
  2. DarlingJacket

DarlingJacket

I love your style. You really bring your own personality into the drawings, which is incredibly nice. And I can't even begin to comment of your use of colour! The painterly quality is so 'real' which is something hard to achieve when painting digitally (at least I think). Beautiful work, I'm in love!

Oh, also, can people repost these on their pokemon blogs? If yes do you have a link to an art website, or anything that would give credit to you?
  3. wekhter

wekhter

Thanks again for comments everyone! Glad people liked the comic. I'll probably make some more sometime (although a lot shorter).

Anyway, I've been really swamped with work lately (end of the school year always seems to creep up on my and I've got a ton of stuff to finish) but I wanted to answer some questions and not post in my own thread empty-handed, so here goes:

@bombiron: I'm thinking about taking requests, but not until next week probably. :> I'll keep Qwilfish in mind, though.

@DarlingJacket: Ah, I don't currently have a website to link to so I guess if someone really wanted to credit something they should link here? I should get on that sometime when I'm not so busy. I'd probably prefer not having my art reposted, but this is the internet, so there's not much I can prevent. e_e;

Ok, art time!

[​IMG]

Espeon. Skeleton doodle. Uhhh even though this was just a little garbage anatomy practice sketch, the anatomy's pretty screwed up so that's a fail on my part. I'm pretty out of practice, I guess. But I find imagining skeletal structures really fun so if you guys want to suggest a Pokémon for me to tackle go ahead. :> Though not for about a week. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

[​IMG]

Pokémon Trainer Wekhter. Me as a Pokémon trainer! Yay! I know I'm kinda... breaking the rules by going hatless, but if I added a hat this would look way too much like Dawn with glasses. I was trying to do this in the Pokémon style, but looking back, I had to have drawn my waist about twice as thin, haha. I couldn't decide on a color scheme past my red scarf, so I slapped on some soft shading and called it a day. OpenCanvas 4.5+.
  4. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio Over9000
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

OMG it's a girl...

I mean, great art dude... I mean... you... er... good art.
  5. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

good self portrait

[​IMG]
  6. Focus

Focus Ubers Tester Extraordinaire

Ooh! Could you draw a Relicanth skeleton? :D Those drawings Espeon and Pokémon Trainer Wekhter are original and really well done! And also what Chou said.
  7. Soul-dew

Soul-dew

ah your art is quite awesome 8) I really love that comic, omg I couldn't stop laughing!
  8. Delko

Delko After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nice art, keep up to good work. ^^
  9. Bummer

Bummer :)
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Leader

As good as your brushed artwork is, these sprites are great, if not for the smooth animation then for the humoristic approach. Good stuff, I definitly want to keep an eye on this thread.
  10. bombiron

bombiron

why you so good?
  11. wekhter

wekhter

Hahaha, I was actually doing an animation of Little Red Riding Hood and I come back and see a Red Hot Riding Hood clip. Thanks, guys... I guess. :>

Anyway, I have so much free time right now, so I was doodling both requests. Fish requests. I don't really draw fish. First up!

[​IMG]

Quilfish. (requested by bombiron) I've... never drawn Qwilfish before. I couldn't decide whether to make him look cool or stupid, so somehow I settled for shiny? He's like a balloon ready to be popped. By himself. Anyway, I guess my secret's been revealed: I can't draw circles.

[​IMG]

Relicanth. (requested by Focus) Ahhhhhh I only know how to draw mammal skeletons, what do fish look like? I have no idea. The skull was fun to think about, but I don't think I have quite a grasp on how fish work.

[​IMG]

Abra. Man I dunno I just drew this off the top of my head, this is some sort of horrifying mix of human and fox skeletons.

I'm working on a few digital paintings right now, probably be finished soon.
  12. zeezow

zeezow

I really love all of this, I love the luxrays most
  13. BKC

BKC Why are you such a stupid asshole?
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon champion

that animated golbat is incredible, i laughed so hard at it.

you now have 19 luvdiscs.
  14. GlassAbsol

GlassAbsol

Could you Do Skeletons of Absol, Lucario and Charizard? Absol's my fave, but should be quite easy. Lucario could be interesting. And Charizard would look awesome skeletal :) Anyway, you've got some awesome stuff here. Good Job
  15. Tataki

Tataki

Your art is really cool and the lines are clean :). Mind doing a Jolteon request?
  16. Focus

Focus Ubers Tester Extraordinaire

Hahaha! Naval mine Qwilfish is angry! Those skeletons certainly do not disappoint, either! I could have sworn that I gave you a Luvdisc before today. Fix'd! <3
  17. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

Wekhter, I don't understand why you aren't more popular, your art is original, varied and humorous! I like the Espy skeleton especially, and your Trainer portrait is pretty! GORGEOUS even. Also, don't be silly. That Qwilfish looks spherical to me. ^_^ I think I Disc'd you already, if I haven't I'm doing that now.
  18. wekhter

wekhter

Ahhh, allergy season has gotten into full swing, it seems. I was trying to draw yesterday, but every single time I put pen to tablet, I started sneezing. It was as if I was allergic to drawing! What a miserable state of affairs. :< Gotta scrap the stuff I was doing because it's pretty lousy looking, now that my eyes aren't watering.

Anyway!

[​IMG]

Absol. (requested by GlassAbsol) Oh man, Absol kinda freaks me out because I always think of it as having a really human face (even though it's really not). I went for a catlike skull. I made the head pointy thing a bony protrusion, and the tail based off of a shark... but now that I think about it, they're supposed to be the same structurally, aren't they? Whoops.

[​IMG]

Lucario. (requested by GlassAbsol) This one was actually more interesting than I thought it would be. I never really realized what a teeny-weeny ribcage Lucario's got.

My initial sketch of Charizard sucked eggs, so I'm starting over because Charizard deserves more than that.

[​IMG]

Jolteon. (requested by Tataki) Ahhhhhh Jolteon's my favorite Pokemon, has been forever. *0* I'm actually in the middle of several pictures involving Jolteon, but all of them seem to be turning out pretty lousy. To take a break from them, here's a super-simple Jolty. (Probably not what you were expecting, Tataki, sorry 'bout that...)

[​IMG]

Bibarel. This picture is drawn in white on a black canvas. It's a nice way to plan woodcuts and the like (though I'm not planning on doing a Bibarel woodcut or anything, even though that would be kinda awesome now that I think about it).

[​IMG]

Joltik comic. Wekhter threw Pokéball! It's a critical hit! Wild Joltik Fainted!
  19. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio Over9000
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Oh GF... Why did you make us a Pokemon that's only 4 inches across?
  20. GlassAbsol

GlassAbsol

OhMyGoodness <3 wow, those skeletons look amazing. They really are fabulous. Could I use the Absol as my avy? You are fabulous. The Joltik Comic made me really laugh. Nice job.
  21. Tataki

Tataki

I like the cuteness and simplicity of the Jolteon! Thanks for taking my request ^^! The comic's pretty funny too, lol.
  22. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

AAAAAAAAAH SQUEEL JOLTIK IS CUTE! That is all. The Absol looks a little weird at the tail, but everything else is perfect, especiallyJolteon! ^_^
  23. Ice-cold Claws

Ice-cold Claws

Hey Wekhter!
    You're my absolute favorite artist around here, mostly because they just look awesome, but also because you're very flexible in art styles:
    From a simple cute style (Jolteon, Eevee)
    To a casual comic style
    To an anime style (your trainer)
    To skeletons
    To woodcuts
    To awesome sprites
    To incredible digital paintings (DAT LUXRAY)
    ...I think I luvdisc'd twice. Yeah I did.

Anyway, may I shamelessly request an anime-style drawing of my current avatar? :toast: Thank you!
  24. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

This is some really good stuff!
    Can you do a Charmander fighting a tepig? in flat colours? :o
  25. elDino

elDino Deal With It.
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Damn wekhter, that stuff is awesome!

Would you mind drawing me a Garchomp? Could you colour it too? Thanks a lot in advance dude!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)