It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas

(Youngster Joey and his Rattata are the BEST. I'm totally gonna do an only-Rattata run one of these days, I swear.)

Anyway, welcome to my art thread! My name is wekhter. I've been doodling a lot of Pokéstuff lately that I figure you guys might enjoy. Just as a note, I have a tendency to interchangeably sign my name in English or Japanese, so if you see ウェクター written on a piece you don't have to ask what it means, it's just wekhter ("uekutaa"). I also write what program(s) I used, in case you guys are interested.

On with the art! Updated June 10th! In each section, newer art is at the top.

4am

Luxray. A pretty quick digital painting. I've got a bad habit of working either mono-chromatically or with only two colours (complementary) so I decided to try to use the palette of some lousy graffiti that showed up down the street the other day. Burns a little, doesn't it? Whatever, Luxray's cool enough to pull it off. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Golduck. For some reason I had a Golduck in my party in Diamond. I really don't know what I was thinking. I also don't know what I was thinking when I drew those hands, ew. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Quagsire. A tribute to my darling QUAGGY, lost in a SAVE FILE CORRUPT DELETE EVERYTHING. Wekhter and QUAGGY. Fighting together, walking together. Forging a bond that cannot be broken and will go on continually into eternity. /sheds a tear. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Chimchar. I don't like Chimchar. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Garchomp. (requested by elDino) Oops, I still don't know how to make Garchomp look cool. At least I'm figuring out gradients! Ha! Ha! Ha! OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Purugly. (requested by RitterCat) Combining "cute" and "Purugly" was a bit trying, I admit, but I think I may have managed it. *v* Sparkle sparkle dechuuu~!! Fun fact: between Gen IV and V, the the curl in Purugly's tail switched directions. Which way did I draw it? Who knows! OpenCanvas 4.5+ & UnFREEz.

Jolteon. (requested by Tataki) Ahhhhhh Jolteon's my favorite Pokemon, has been forever. *0* I'm actually in the middle of several pictures involving Jolteon, but all of them seem to be turning out pretty lousy. To take a break from them, here's a super-simple Jolty. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Quilfish. (requested by bombiron) I've... never drawn Qwilfish before. I couldn't decide whether to make him look cool or stupid, so somehow I settled for shiny? He's like a balloon ready to be popped. By himself. Anyway, I guess my secret's been revealed: I can't draw circles. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Lilligant, Tynamo and Altaria. (requested by LevitatingLamprey) I was kinda putting it off because I don't like Lilligant, had trouble drawing Tynamo in cool poses in the past, and don't like drawing birds. Oh well! OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Charmander vs. Tepig. (requested by badalcristiano) I think they're both using Fire Spin or something. Ugh I can't draw fire. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Hoothoot. Hoothoot, everywhere! Nothing but Hoothoot! Or at least, that's how it feels every night. Man I seriously love all of the colors in Flash's default palette, I really oughta wean myself off of them but they look so nice... Adobe Flash CS5.

Bibarel. This picture is drawn in white on a black canvas. It's a nice way to plan woodcuts and the like (though I'm not planning on doing a Bibarel woodcut or anything, even though that would be kinda awesome now that I think about it). OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Lopunny. I typically really dislike shiny Pokémon because I find the vast majority to be slightly hideous, but there are exceptions to every rule! I really like shiny Lopunny. I've always wanted a male one, and I think I'd name him Richard. :> I was planning on trying to breed a good one (not necessarily shiny) as a lead, but... hm. Gen V nerfed Klutz a bit. I'll have to think about it. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Eevee. Eevee's the best because he evolves into my favorite Pokémon of all time, Jolteon. Here he is yawning or something, I dunno. I want to stroke stroke stroke his tail. Text says "Eevee" in Japanese. Flash CS5.

Luxray. More Luxray! Just before Black & White came out in the US I was drawing a lot of Luxray because I saw how hideous his Dream World art was. A slightly different sketch from the same time turned into the digital painting earlier in the post, which is why they look pretty similar. Flash CS5.

Scratchet (CAP1 Prevo). I fully intend on animating these BW style in the future, but I'm a little burned out on animating stuff lately. It will happen, though! MSPaint.

Golbat. Hahaha oh wow was this fun to do. I guess it's technically a sprite edit of the official Golbat sprite from Red/Blue. I was inspired by that "which is the worst 1st gen sprite" thread. Man this thing scared me as a kid. :/ It really hit me hard 'cause I liked Zubat, but couldn't stand to evolve one after seeing what it would turn into. Aren't you guys glad they waited until Gen V to fully animate the sprites? GraphicsGale FreeEdition.

Tomohawk (CAP1). Obviously my sprite submissions for CAP1, you can see the full set here. Even though it's not necessary, I intend to animate the back sprite as well. And make the front animation a little cooler. :> MSPaint & GraphicsGale FreeEdition.

Absol. (requested by GlassAbsol) Oh man, Absol kinda freaks me out because I always think of it as having a really human face (even though it's really not). I went for a catlike skull. I made the head pointy thing a bony protrusion, and the tail based off of a shark... but now that I think about it, they're supposed to be the same structurally, aren't they? Whoops. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Lucario. (requested by GlassAbsol) This one was actually more interesting than I thought it would be. I never really realized what a teeny-weeny ribcage Lucario's got. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Relicanth. (requested by Focus) Ahhhhhh I only know how to draw mammal skeletons, what do fish look like? I have no idea. The skull was fun to think about, but I don't think I have quite a grasp on how fish work. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Abra. Man I dunno I just drew this off the top of my head, this is some sort of horrifying mix of human and fox skeletons. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Espeon. Skeleton doodle. Uhhh even though this was just a little garbage anatomy practice sketch, the anatomy's pretty screwed up so that's a fail on my part. I'm pretty out of practice, I guess. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Pokémon Trainer Wekhter. Me as a Pokémon trainer! Yay! I know I'm kinda... breaking the rules by going hatless, but if I added a hat this would look way too much like Dawn with glasses. I was trying to do this in the Pokémon style, but looking back, I had to have drawn my waist about twice as thin, haha. I couldn't decide on a color scheme past my red scarf, so I slapped on some soft shading and called it a day. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Stick. Ok, I know it's Farfetch'd's hold item and therefore a leek, but the point is it was a letdown. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Joltik comic. Wekhter threw Pokéball! It's a critical hit! Wild Joltik Fainted! OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Pokémaniac Brent. I know it gets on people's nerves for Youngster Joey to keep calling and calling, but I'm always happy when he contacts me... Because every time Joey calls, that means it's not that freak Pokémaniac Brent. >:| Seriously that guy has problems, I constantly regret letting him have my number. CONSTANTLY. Ugh ugh ugh Brent stop calling me. OpenCanvas 4.5+.

Thanks for looking! Comments/criticisms welcome! I really need to lay off the exclamation points.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Love that Rattata and colored Luxray! (My word, that Luxray is epic!) Your animated Golbat sprite is...oddly hypnotizing. I'll be looking forward to your future uploads!

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Amazing use of colours in that Golduck. Looking forward to see more from you in the future!

I fucking rage whenever Joey calls me. And he calls me a lot. After every battle. Every wild encounter. Always. AAAAH

The Golduck and Luxray are epic. Luvdisc for you :)

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
oh my gosh from the very first post of yours in DST I have been in total love with your avatar!

nice sketches, sprites, and painted works, they are really great!
I hope you become a regular here at SS

I'll take the unpopular opinion and say that Rattata is my favorite piece of art in here.

Kidding. Your art is beautifuuuuuul. Also your avatar still makes me giggle even though you've had it for...well as long as I can remember. Your CAP sprite is probably my favorite (at least it's up there along with Ice Cold Claws). Just throwing that out there. :>

oh shit more artists that outclass me

Hey, I also used a Golduck in my Diamond game.

Granted it was an HM slave with the ability to abuse Surf, but still.

Either way, great Golduck-hoping to see more CAP submissions and great art soon!

the colors, oh my the colors are so captivating, i love that luxray and the color choice on golduck is simply brilliant, keep it UP.

Thanks for your kind words, everyone! I'm glad you guys seem to like my digital paintings... I have a bunch of sketches and half-done pieces in the same series that I hope to finish next week (don't have any time right now, really).

For now, though, I just have some less "polished" stuff. First, a colored sketch:

Lopunny. I typically really dislike shiny Pokémon because I find the vast majority to be slightly hideous (it was really hard to stop myself from giving my CAP sprite a truly awful color scheme) but there are exceptions to every rule! I really like shiny Lopunny. I've always wanted a male one, and I think I'd name him Richard. :> I was planning on trying to breed a good one (not necessarily shiny) as a lead, but... hm. Gen V nerfed Klutz a bit. I'll have to think about it.

And now!

I fucking rage whenever Joey calls me. And he calls me a lot. After every battle. Every wild encounter. Always. AAAAH
This got me thinking. At first, I too was irritated by Joey's constant calls. HOWEVER! I started to like it. Now, I'm always happy when Joey contacts me.

Why?

Because every time Joey calls, that means it's not that freak Pokémaniac Brent. >:| Seriously that guy has problems, I constantly regret letting him have my number. CONSTANTLY. So I drew a comic that will perhaps express my feelings. Might... might not be appropriate for all ages?

Ugh ugh ugh Brent stop calling me

As always, comments/critique appreciated. :>

Your thread....

It...is AWESOME! Lovin that Golbat animation! I still can't look at it without thinking "Somewhere, a little kid is cringing in front of his computer/game console because of this.

Awesome stuff, and keep it up! :D

that comic
oh my godddd
I hardly even remembered that guy until now lol. But that comic is great. The humor and the actual art and yeaaaah.
Although that Juggler whose name I can't think of at the moment was pretty weird too. That stalker one on the route above Goldenrod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)