1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

IT'S ME PODGE AND I HAVE A Y CHROMOSOME

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by PoJ, Aug 21, 2012.

1. PoJ

PoJ

Hi there. I know there's a lot of you in this forum that don't know me, but for those of you that do, I'm back from Lebanon. But I've got to tell you guys something I should have told you a long time ago...

I'm a guy.

I'm really sorry. But let me explain. Alright, so, when I first joined Smogon, I had already been a member on Bulbagarden and I used to go on quite a bit, so my parents always told me to be careful online and not give out to much information. I was really naive/stupid/dumb back then, so I kind of took that advice too seriously... I told them ok and after that they trusted me. They're not as protective as I described them to be. So, when I joined Smogon, I decided to lie and pretend to be a girl. The birthday on my profile is the birth date of the girl I used to have a crush on in 6th grade (My birthday is in March, so I already turned 15). Paige, my "name", is the name of that girl (Paige is not an Arabic name, so I wondered if that would make you guys suspicious). My sex, name, and birthday are the only things I lied about.

However, if I knew I would become an active Smogon member, and if I wasn't so stupid, I would have never faked this. I'm sick of being a girl .-. I promise you guys I had no intention of trolling. The reason I took so long to tell is because I was afraid of your reactions, but I'm not afraid anymore. I understand if you guys are mad, it's ok. I would be too. It was a big mistake I made, but I learned from it. If you guys are kind of suspicious about if I'm lying about this or if I'm actually an old pedo bear or something, I'd be willing to skype or post pictures.

I'm sorry to everyone who I became friends with, to all of you on IRC: #smogonwifi, #littlecup, #orangeislands, and all the private channels I'm part of. You can take my status away! I'm especially sorry to the males that tried flirting with me (but lol Darkaxis, you should really stop flirting online...).

That's it. Oh, and if there are any admins reading this, if you could change my username and usertitle (or get rid of my usertitle) for me that would be very appreciated. That also reminds me, I'd be ok with getting banned for this, or infracted or anything. If anyone has any questions, or wants to bash me, PM or VM me :p
  2. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

3. yondie

yondie I feel a little bit, like, I'm the Braveheart of creativity.
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

at first i was like: [​IMG]

but then i saw this and was like: you redeemed yourself just a little bit
  4. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

My life.... ruined...

But seriously don't worry about it. I knew someone else who did the same thing. The longer you play along the harder it is to get out of it.

Edit:
  5. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

well the great part is it doesn't really matter because who really gives a crap whether you're a dude or a chick; it doesn't change what you say or post so it shouldn't affect your status in the community. Just ask "justin brenner" if you're actually afraid you'll get banned for lying about your gender
  6. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

7. coolbiz

coolbiz

Just change your name to Prince Of Johto to clarify and your good. (This is not a joke post)
  8. BattleStar

BattleStar

I always knew there can't be that many girls on smogon....

I only talked to you a little but you seemed like a really cool guy. Don't worry this doesn't change my outlook of you. Kudos on coming out that you were a guy.
  9. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

poj come back on irc. and change your name to prince of johto.

e: god damn it coolbiz.
  10. Shiny Mew2

Shiny Mew2

Solace?

Actually pulled a reverse Solace.
  11. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributordefeated the Smogon Frontier

12. pookar

pookar Banned deucer.

this is disturbing in a "the one time i talked to you you ended the sentence with a girly heart" kind of creepy way
  13. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

[​IMG]

Srsly though gl, I hope the mods will have clemency, you seem to be a good enough person.
  14. coolbiz

coolbiz

:D
    EDIT: Like everyone else said hop back on IRC and we wont give a f :)
  15. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

Just get back on irc now that you're back, gender doesn't matter >:(
  16. Solace

Solace falling slowly
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

obviously coming from me I can't judge lol

but seriously you're a nice person regardless of your gender so come back please!!
  17. Stellar

Stellar true and everlasting
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

[7:08 PM] <~Birkal> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4367848#post4367848
    [7:08 PM] <~Birkal> this is relevant for everyone here
    [7:09 PM] <~Birkal> but I am personally under the belief that he's welcome here anyways because he's a good contributor to the chat, regardless of gender
    [7:09 PM] <~Birkal> =)
    [7:09 PM] <~Birkal> thoughts?
    [7:10 PM] <&Stellar> why would it matter if he faked gender
    [7:10 PM] <&Stellar> like 90% of founding smogon people faked gender/race
    [7:10 PM] <&Stellar> lmao
  18. V4Victini

V4Victini [22:01] <&Stellar> I'm gonna edit ALL the YAML files
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

The whole post was lolz but...
    ...this. Made my day.

-EDIT- Also this
  19. jumpluff

jumpluff 赤い糸
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Pretty much this.

Lying about your gender isn't grounds by itself to be banned.

Evidently there are many people who like you and can understand your motive, so make sure to treasure those friends who care about you enough to look past the fact you're not 100% the person they thought you were. I wouldn't be overly embarrassed by it, there are too many 'girls' that have been outed in Smogon history to make you stand out -- it looks like you've learned your lesson, so yeah.
  20. joshe

joshe the best

I'm a girl.

COME AT ME BROS
  21. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Pre-Contributor

i'm fucking done rofl
  22. Raikage

Raikage

This thread is proof that we need to let more people know about Celia
    Syberia likes this.
  23. PoJ

PoJ

Thanks everyone. I guess I made a big deal out of something small.

Idk about Prince of Johto. I'd like to stay PoJ, though.
  24. Akaigo

Akaigo

Without making up a random statistic that I cannot neccessarily prove, I'm goin to make the ever-known generalization that everyone on the Internet lies. Everyone is different then how they appear on the computer screens. I'm actually more afraid of the people that are actually true to themselves and tell the truth about their lifestyles and about themselves. It's those people that will be engulfed by the fallacy of the Internet universe, and may warp their real selves into something they originally intended not to be.

It still doesn't change the fact we had interesting conversations over the months, and Without you I wouldn't be the person who I am today. I had fun battling, trading, and talking about Pokemon and I don't want that to ever change.

Now I'm moving unto the college life, these sort of things I can only do sparingly. I don't care what anyone else thinks, but you are still my best Internet friend.
  25. Yamata no Orochi

Yamata no Orochi capes are cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

darkaxis is a creep, get rid of pls

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)