IT'S ME PODGE AND I HAVE A Y CHROMOSOME

Hi there. I know there's a lot of you in this forum that don't know me, but for those of you that do, I'm back from Lebanon. But I've got to tell you guys something I should have told you a long time ago...

I'm a guy.

I'm really sorry. But let me explain. Alright, so, when I first joined Smogon, I had already been a member on Bulbagarden and I used to go on quite a bit, so my parents always told me to be careful online and not give out to much information. I was really naive/stupid/dumb back then, so I kind of took that advice too seriously... I told them ok and after that they trusted me. They're not as protective as I described them to be. So, when I joined Smogon, I decided to lie and pretend to be a girl. The birthday on my profile is the birth date of the girl I used to have a crush on in 6th grade (My birthday is in March, so I already turned 15). Paige, my "name", is the name of that girl (Paige is not an Arabic name, so I wondered if that would make you guys suspicious). My sex, name, and birthday are the only things I lied about.

However, if I knew I would become an active Smogon member, and if I wasn't so stupid, I would have never faked this. I'm sick of being a girl .-. I promise you guys I had no intention of trolling. The reason I took so long to tell is because I was afraid of your reactions, but I'm not afraid anymore. I understand if you guys are mad, it's ok. I would be too. It was a big mistake I made, but I learned from it. If you guys are kind of suspicious about if I'm lying about this or if I'm actually an old pedo bear or something, I'd be willing to skype or post pictures.

I'm sorry to everyone who I became friends with, to all of you on IRC: #smogonwifi, #littlecup, #orangeislands, and all the private channels I'm part of. You can take my status away! I'm especially sorry to the males that tried flirting with me (but lol Darkaxis, you should really stop flirting online...).

That's it. Oh, and if there are any admins reading this, if you could change my username and usertitle (or get rid of my usertitle) for me that would be very appreciated. That also reminds me, I'd be ok with getting banned for this, or infracted or anything. If anyone has any questions, or wants to bash me, PM or VM me :p

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
My life.... ruined...

But seriously don't worry about it. I knew someone else who did the same thing. The longer you play along the harder it is to get out of it.

Edit:
20:06 Mat someone change his name of prince of johto

Stratos

Banned deucer.
well the great part is it doesn't really matter because who really gives a crap whether you're a dude or a chick; it doesn't change what you say or post so it shouldn't affect your status in the community. Just ask "justin brenner" if you're actually afraid you'll get banned for lying about your gender

I always knew there can't be that many girls on smogon....

I only talked to you a little but you seemed like a really cool guy. Don't worry this doesn't change my outlook of you. Kudos on coming out that you were a guy.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
poj come back on irc. and change your name to prince of johto.

e: god damn it coolbiz.

pookar

Banned deucer.
this is disturbing in a "the one time i talked to you you ended the sentence with a girly heart" kind of creepy way

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[7:08 PM] <~Birkal> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4367848#post4367848
[7:08 PM] <~Birkal> this is relevant for everyone here
[7:09 PM] <~Birkal> but I am personally under the belief that he's welcome here anyways because he's a good contributor to the chat, regardless of gender
[7:09 PM] <~Birkal> =)
[7:09 PM] <~Birkal> thoughts?
[7:10 PM] <&Stellar> why would it matter if he faked gender
[7:10 PM] <&Stellar> like 90% of founding smogon people faked gender/race
[7:10 PM] <&Stellar> lmao

[7:08 PM] <~Birkal> http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4367848#post4367848
[7:08 PM] <~Birkal> this is relevant for everyone here
[7:09 PM] <~Birkal> but I am personally under the belief that he's welcome here anyways because he's a good contributor to the chat, regardless of gender
[7:09 PM] <~Birkal> =)
[7:09 PM] <~Birkal> thoughts?
[7:10 PM] <&Stellar> why would it matter if he faked gender
[7:10 PM] <&Stellar> like 90% of founding smogon people faked gender/race
[7:10 PM] <&Stellar> lmao
Pretty much this.

Lying about your gender isn't grounds by itself to be banned.

Evidently there are many people who like you and can understand your motive, so make sure to treasure those friends who care about you enough to look past the fact you're not 100% the person they thought you were. I wouldn't be overly embarrassed by it, there are too many 'girls' that have been outed in Smogon history to make you stand out -- it looks like you've learned your lesson, so yeah.

Without making up a random statistic that I cannot neccessarily prove, I'm goin to make the ever-known generalization that everyone on the Internet lies. Everyone is different then how they appear on the computer screens. I'm actually more afraid of the people that are actually true to themselves and tell the truth about their lifestyles and about themselves. It's those people that will be engulfed by the fallacy of the Internet universe, and may warp their real selves into something they originally intended not to be.

It still doesn't change the fact we had interesting conversations over the months, and Without you I wouldn't be the person who I am today. I had fun battling, trading, and talking about Pokemon and I don't want that to ever change.

Now I'm moving unto the college life, these sort of things I can only do sparingly. I don't care what anyone else thinks, but you are still my best Internet friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)