It's offical, the new formes DON'T work on wifi or union room.

It amazes me how the continue to ban Phione, yet they allow Lati@s.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that Soul Dew is banned. Phione is indeed silly, as it cancels it's purpose as a main stream Manaphy.

But back on topic, seeing as the Japanese tournaments are so prominent, the people who play in them (which is quite a lot) probably practice online to the same rules. Battling locally is probably for the less competitive "free-for-all" style of play so the bans fit the way the Japanese play the game I assume.

Hi guys, there will be a video released sometime next week of the new alternate forms on wi-fi, using platinum rather than D/P. I was asked for ideas as to what the two teams should look like. Please give ideas as to the which new form in which team and what attacks it should have in the video. The guy who will make the video is trying to figure out an AR code so he wants us to give him ideas for the teams while he works on that. Basically what would you like to see for an awesome new forms battle on platinum.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well Skymin and Rotom go pretty well on any OU team, along with, say, Heatran, Machamp, Scizor, and Gyarados? That seems like a run-of-the-mill Shoddy team these days.

Well Skymin and Rotom go pretty well on any OU team, along with, say, Heatran, Machamp, Scizor, and Gyarados? That seems like a run-of-the-mill Shoddy team these days.
Well this is going to be a battle of just new forms. Basically if you had to make 2 teams to face each other with only new forms, what would they look like?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well then Skymin + the five Rotom forms might be in order, but then you run into the problem of there being 7 new forms but only 6 pokemon per side.

I'm really glad to hear this is being looked into/worked on. Fitting Origin Giratina onto a team will be hard though since it is an uber.. it probabaly wont be much of a battle with it on one of the teams..

Team 1: Skymin, Cut Rotom, Fan Rotom, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres

Team 2: Oven Rotom, Fridge Rotom, Washing Machine Rotom, Entei, Suicune, Raikou

3 new formes each, and 3 legendary trio's each =P.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't care if Origin Gira is uber he has to be in it.

Origin Gira/Heat Rotom/Wash Rotom/Cut Rotom/Fan Rotom/Fridge Rotom (Mono Ghost)

Skymin/Heatran/Salamence/Tyranitar/Scizor/Lucario (OU team)

Hope I balanced Giratina a bit here.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Oh. I was hoping it would be a glitch he/she was trying to explore. Well, it's something, at least. I wonder if the Wi-Fi championships will accept it.

Oh, and could he try to bring a Giratina holding Platinum Orb to Wi-Fi?

Oh. I was hoping it would be a glitch he/she was trying to explore. Well, it's something, at least. I wonder if the Wi-Fi championships will accept it.

Oh, and could he try to bring a Giratina holding Platinum Orb to Wi-Fi?
I doubt official nintento championships will accept it but for unofficial ones it is up to the organizers to allow this fix to a great injustice or not.

Now, he says he's trying to get giratina to keep the platinum orb, but he hasn't been able to do it. He says he has gotten it so that giratina is not reverted to regular form. i.e., origin form loses the platinum orb, but stays in origin form.

The key point is that origin form does not actually NEED the platinum orb. The platinum orb is just a way for the game to keep track of what form it should be in.

EDIT: What Jibaku wrote sounds good. What about movesets?

EDIT: I have some good news and some bad news. The code is DONE. (That's the good news).

The bad news is that we'll have to wait for the official release after a youtube video is posted. (I don't even know the code yet.)

Another piece of news is that the platinum orb will not stay on origin giratina with this code Giratina will not keep the platinum orb in the union room or wi-fi. It does keep it if you choose to go into wi-fi or the unon room and then don't save, but there is some code, that the guy working on this cannot get to with the software he has, once you enter wi-fi that removes the platinum orb.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The key point is that origin form does not actually NEED the platinum orb. The platinum orb is just a way for the game to keep track of what form it should be in.
Just as I thought.

And now that I've stopped to think about it, maybe unofficial tournaments won't accept this code, as it gives a really unfair advantage, as only those with R4/AR would be able to use Skymin and others.

I doubt official nintento championships will accept it but for unofficial ones it is up to the organizers to allow this fix to a great injustice or not.

Now, he says he's trying to get giratina to keep the platinum orb, but he hasn't been able to do it. He says he has gotten it so that giratina is not reverted to regular form. i.e., origin form loses the platinum orb, but stays in origin form.

EDIT: What Jibaku wrote sounds good. What about movesets?

EDIT: I have some good news and some bad news. The code is DONE. (That's the good news).

The bad news is that we'll have to wait for the official release after a youtube video is posted. (I don't even know the code yet.)

Another piece of news is that the platinum orb will not stay on origin giratina with this code Giratina will not keep the platinum orb in the union room or wi-fi. It does keep it if you choose to go into wi-fi or the unon room and then don't save, but there is some code, that the guy working on this cannot get to with the software he has, once you enter wi-fi that removes the platinum orb.
Awesoooomee, but damn :[ i really want that code. I cant wait to use my oven rotom on wifi BUEHEHE!

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well uhh I'm not too sure about the sets lol. For the Rotoms you'd want different sets in hopes to cover up that horrific TTar weak. Adding some TrickScarf, Reflect, Specs, lol Charge Beam, etc. Maybe make Fridge Rotom physically defensive [Rest/Talk] to take on Salamence, as well as Heat Rotom for Scizor. And Physical Gira...Sub/EQ/Shadow Force/Outrage (well, Force probably won't get too much action with ghost resists everywhere)

I'd like to see Skymin with Flare/Air Slash/Earth Power/HP Ice [wanted to see Subseed but it just makes the match long and boring, and yes I'm aware Earth Power is useless because of Levitate x6], SD LO Scizor (SD/Bullet/Superpower/X-Scissor [Roost not given because that'd completely stop physical Gira which kinda makes this a bit one sided, especially when you have Tar], SD/Ice Punch/CC/Bullet Punch Lucario [ES is useless when everything's immune to it; let's not go with the Earth Power logic]. Scarf Heatran, CBTar/BoahTar and DDMence I guess.

Gira should have Max Attack, enough speed to reach 244 and rest in HP. I don't know about the other ones so don't ask

Of course you're free to mess around with the sets but don't make this one sided.

Well uhh I'm not too sure about the sets lol. For the Rotoms you'd want different sets in hopes to cover up that horrific TTar weak. Adding some TrickScarf, Reflect, Specs, lol Charge Beam, etc. Maybe make Fridge Rotom physically defensive [Rest/Talk] to take on Salamence, as well as Heat Rotom for Scizor. And Physical Gira...Sub/EQ/Shadow Force/Outrage (well, Force probably won't get too much action with ghost resists everywhere)

I'd like to see Skymin with Flare/Air Slash/Earth Power/HP Ice [wanted to see Subseed but it just makes the match long and boring, and yes I'm aware Earth Power is useless because of Levitate x6], SD LO Scizor (SD/Bullet/Superpower/X-Scissor [Roost not given because that'd completely stop physical Gira which kinda makes this a bit one sided, especially when you have Tar], SD/Ice Punch/CC/Bullet Punch Lucario [ES is useless when everything's immune to it; let's not go with the Earth Power logic]. Scarf Heatran, CBTar/BoahTar and DDMence I guess.

Gira should have Max Attack, enough speed to reach 244 and rest in HP. I don't know about the other ones so don't ask

Of course you're free to mess around with the sets but don't make this one sided.
Well, I guess he went for a simple battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ccYOmDhGb8
(The code is in the description)

Also there is a discussion thread here: http://forum.pokesav.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1505

Jibaku

He did say that Origin Gira shifts forms without an item, right? Does that only happen in the Gira user's screen, as it kept that origin forme for the whole time it was flinchaxed to death by Skymin :(

Interestingly, Giratina keeps Levitate upon changing forms in game (if you send out an itemless Origintina), and will keep Levitate until you change its forme back to origin and back to another.

He did say that Origin Gira shifts forms without an item, right? Does that only happen in the Gira user's screen, as it kept that origin forme for the whole time it was flinchaxed to death by Skymin :(

Interestingly, Giratina keeps Levitate upon changing forms in game (if you send out an itemless Origintina), and will keep Levitate until you change its forme back to origin and back to another.
I think he said the battle was Platinum vs Pearl. With the pearl team having giratina so that it would not revert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)