1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

It's Snowing in RU

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by BrokenMusicBox, Mar 31, 2013.

1. BrokenMusicBox

BrokenMusicBox

Hello everyone, this will be my second RMT. If there is anyway I can improve the way I create them, please point them out. This the team I've been using ever since they allowed hail in RU and so far it's been working really well for me. I hope you enjoy it!

[​IMG]
    Snover
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
    Moveset:
    -Giga Drain
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    -Protect

Not much to say about Snover other than he brings Hail unto the field. Weather is rare in RU, so I usually never have to worry about keeping him alive past the first turn. Still, I try to annoy my opponents with him by putting out Toxic or Leech Seed before he dies.

[​IMG]
    Glaceon
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Ice Body
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 8 HP/248 SpA/252 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Blizzard
    -Substitute
    -Hidden Power Ground
    -Frost Breath

Glaceon is my Special Attacker, and for good reason. 130 base SpA is good, no matter what the tier. Blizzard is its main source of damage, as Hail gives it 100% accuracy. Substitute is to prevent status and to prevent pokemon like Hitmonlee or Emboar from OKHOing it. HP Ground is to take care of steel types. And Frost Breath is specifically to take care of Sigilyph, who would otherwise wall my team.

[​IMG]
    Gallade
    Item: Lum Berry
    Ability: Justified
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 200 HP/252 Atk/56 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Swords Dance
    -Drain Punch
    -Psycho Cut
    -Leaf Blade

Gallade is my Physical Attacker. Many people expect Bulk Up Gallade and will try to wall me with Slowking. Once I've set up Swords Dance, it OHKO's Slowking with Leaf Blade and 2HKO the rest of the tier. Lum Berry is to prevent anyone from preventing my sweep with status. Drain Punch is my form of recovery since Hail will be chipping away my HP.

[​IMG]
    Typhlosion
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Flamethrower
    -Fire Blast
    -Hidden Power Rock
    -Focus Blast

Typholsion is my best answer for threats such as Durant and Klinklang, who both tear apart my team it is made out of snowflakes (joke intended). I picked Flamethrower instead of Eruption as Hail makes it less effective as the turns go by. HP Rock is to handle other fire types such a Entei. Focus Blast is to take care of rock types.

[​IMG]
    Cryogonal
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/168 SpA/68 SpD/24 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Blizzard
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover
    -Toxic

Cryogonal is my Rapid Spinner, but it can do a decent amount of damage with Blizzard and is usually my go-to revenge killer. What it can't kill outright with Blizzard, I use Toxic to get it down and stall it with Recover. Just watch out for physical moves, as it can be OHKO with just about any neutral move.

[​IMG]
    Piloswine
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Moveset:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Icicle Spear
    -Ice Shard

Piloswine is my physical tank as well as my Stealth Rock user. With Eviolite, it can take a Choice Band Flare Blitz from Entei and OHKO it back with Earthquake. Icicle Spear is to break Substitute and still do damage and finally, Ice Shard is for STAB priority.

Counters:

My biggest counter, and I'm sure everyone who has tried Hail in RU understand, is Durant and Klinklang. Their STAB moves tear apart almost all my pokemon. Durant has become more manageable now that I added Typhlosion, but Klinklang can still be a problem once it has set up. If anyone has any suggestions to handle him, please be sure to tell me. Fighting types are rarely a problem as most teams only have one of them and Gallade can take care of them all.

Thanks for reading, and please don't forget to tell me what you think!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)