Its_A_Random vs Lady Salamence (Ref DA8828)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stealing Flora's format (Floramat? Flormat? Floormat?) because I'm sleepy. Floraedit: I stole Engineer's format because I'm sleepy. DA8828's edit: PLAGIARIZERS GO TO HELL

Sue me and get haxxed.

NUMBER OF POKEMON: 2v2
BATTLE TYPE: Singles
RECOVERIES: Two Recovers per Pokemon | Five Chills per Pokemon
SWITCH: Switch=KO
ITEMS: Items OFF
ABILITIES: All Abilities

The ASB Tournament Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.

Gastrodon Sleast (M)
Nature: Quiet (NC)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:

HP: 110
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 33 (-)

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.

Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Sand Force (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Attacks:
Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Harden
Water Pulse
Mud Bomb
Hidden Power (Fire 7)
Rain Dance
Recover
Body Slam

Yawn
Stockpile
Sludge

Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Scald

Earth Power

Gliscor(*) Capers (M)
Nature: Impish

Type:
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 6 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 95

EC: 6/6
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Hyper Cutter: (Innate) This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.

Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Poison Heal (DW Unlocked): (Innate) Pokemon with this ability have internal structures that absorb the toxins in poison and uses them to recover two (2) HP/action instead of taking poison damage. Their Toxic counter will still go up should their ability be disabled.

Attacks:
Poison Sting*
Sand Attack*
Harden*
Knock Off*
Quick Attack*
Fury Cutter*
Faint Attack*
Acrobatics
X-Scissor
U-Turn
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Poison Jab

Night Slash*
Agility*
Baton Pass*

Earthquake*
Rock Slide*
Swords Dance*
Sandstorm
Brick Break

Aqua Tail

Progressive (Machop) (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Foresight
Low Sweep
Seismic Toss
Revenge
Vital Throw

Earthquake
Retaliate
Smack Down

Close Combat
Encore
Bullet Punch

Tepig(*) [Van Pig] (M)
Nature: Quiet (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 45

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Thick Fat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth
Defense Curl
Nitro Charge
Smog
Rollout
Take Down
Roar
Flare Blitz

Nitro Charge
Wild Charge
Sunny Day

Endeavor
Yawn
Magnitude

Coin flip...looks like Random's going first!

Send out your pokemon, Random.
Lady Salamence, pokemon and actions.
Random, actions.

FIGHT O DAYO

this looks to be an incredibly fair fight

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sending in Capers.

Take note that I'll have limited access over the next couple of weeks, so go easy on me concerning time.

And we’re here, watching what is certain to be one of the most awesome matches ever!

On one side, Deck Knight! You know who he is! Creator of ASB! The one with a Smoochum avatar! More badges than you have…noses.

On the other, Nightmare Jigglypuff! Less well-known, but no less formidable, a fellow aspiring water-type gym leader alongside myself!

Floradit: Yeah that's right! These people are Deck and NJigglypuff!

DA: no they're other people

a;oif;waigha;woihga;

I messed up like ten times here

that's what you get for reffing at school

but that's all in the past

I promise I didn't screw up r2

probably

Let the music play!

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
Energy: 100%
Boosts/Drops: N/A
Others: N/A
Actions: Earthquake ~ Aqua Tail ~ Earthquake

Van Pig (Tepig) (M)
HP: 90
Actions: Yawn ~ Defense Curl ~ Rollout

Round 1: Boring Earthquakes

Capers starts things off with a lightning-fast Earthquake, shaking the ground violently and causing jagged pieces of it to dig into Van Pig’s flesh. Ow. Van Pig doesn’t seem too concerned, however, he just Yawns nonchalantly, but the contagiousness of it all makes Capers drowsy! Oh crap.

Struggling to keep his eyes open, Capers draws water from the moat around the arena and uses it to deliver a powerful Aqua Tail at Van Pig, sending him flying meters, but he recovers and forms a Defense Curl raising his defense to protect him against future aggression.

Capers isn’t one to be dissuaded from pork by a simple defensive stance, and fires off another Earthquake. Luckily this arena is indestructible, I’m not sure the spectators can even feel the tremors! Somehow. Anyway, Van Pig takes advantage of his position to fire off a suped-up Rollout, spinning towards Capers like a cannonball (that’s spinning) (everything’s better with spinning) and knocking him out of the air! Who says pigs can’t fly?

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 94
Energy: 81%
Others: Drowsy (Asleep in 1 Action)

Van Pig (Tepig) (M)
HP: 34
Energy: 83%

Random’s turn.

Lady Salamence, is your Tepig Quiet or Adamant? I calced for Quiet, but seriously make up your mind. :|

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 94
Energy: 81%
Others: Drowsy (Asleep in 1 Action)
Actions: EARTHQUAKE

Van Pig (Tepig) (M)
HP: 34
Energy: 83%
Actions: Endeavor ~ Nitro Charge ~ Nitro Charge

Round 2: On The Pig-Burnt Precipice of Earthquake

Capers, eyes heavy, slams Van Pig with an Earthquake, the powerful attack slamming into Van Pig, strong as ever despite Capers' growing fatigue. Van Pig, panting heavily, summons his flagging strength into a deadly Endeavor. Reeling from the hit, Capers hisses at him...and drops to the ground, asleep.

Van Pig grins in relief at his temporarily incapacitated foe, and Flame Charges her, raising his speed!

It seems to do damage, so he does it again.

Flame Charging again, I mean.

Which raises his speed.

Again.

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 53
Energy: 71%
Others: Sleep'd (1 Action)

Van Pig (Tepig) (M)
HP: 12
Energy: 65%
Boosts/Drops: +2 Speed

mence

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Earthquake > Earthquake > Earthquake

Roar will do nothing to save my opponent, thanks to its negative priority. For the sake of saving time, I'll post my next round's actions as well.

Acrobatics > Acrobatics > Acrobatics

All on the way to a 2-0 flogging in 5 Rounds.

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 53
Energy: 71%
Others: Sleep'd (1 Action)

Van Pig (Tepig) (M)
HP: 12
Actions: Flame Charge ~ Roar / Rollout ~ Endeavor[/B]

Round 3: Awaken, A-quakin'

Van Pig summons more heat from within to Flame Charge Capers once more, raising his speed...

But the searing tackle seems to have woken Capers up, and she KO's him with an Earthquake.

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 46

Van Pig (Tepig) (M)
HP: 0
Energy: 0%

Mence go

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 46
Actions: ACROBATICS

Progressive (Machop) (M)
HP: 90
Actions: Retaliate ~ Smack Down ~ Earthquake

Round 4: Ground-type Grounded and Ground'd

Flipping through the air, Capers swoops down and strikes Progressive with Acrobatics, but Progressive takes the blow unflinchingly and responds with a Retaliate, infusing the blow with memories of teammates lost.

Capers u-turns back and slams Progressive with more impressive Acrobatics. Gritting his teeth, Progressive weathers the blow, and throws a rock with deadly accuracy at his opponent's retreating back, Smacking Capers Down and rendering him susceptible to Ground-type moves!

Suddenly unable to take to the air, Capers nonetheless makes an impressive leap and uses yet more Acrobatics to yield another powerful, if not quite as much as before, blow on Progressive. The little pokemon stumbles back but triggers an enormous Earthquake, which strikes the newly venerable pokemon just as it touches the ground again!

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 23
Energy: 35%
Others: Smack'd Down (4 Actions)

Progressive (Machop) (M)
HP: 28
Energy: 85%

mence go

NOTE: I made Acrobatics work like Gliscor was encumbered, as it doesn't seem like it could use it at full strength when it was, y'know, flying.

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 23
Energy: 35%
Others: Smack'd Down (4 Actions)

Progressive (Machop) (M)
Energy: 85%
Actions: Bullet Punch / Earthquake ~ EARTHQUAKE

Round 5: GG

Progressive winds up her fists and slams Capers with a lightning-fast Bullet Punch. Against all odds, it crits! Is this enough to save him from the coming onslaught?

Earthquake.

Earthquake.

Nah. It's A Random wins!

Capers (Gliscor) (F)
HP: 18
Energy: 19%
Others: Smack'd Down (2 Actions)

Progressive (Machop) (M)
Energy: 0%

Its A Random and Lady Salamence get 2 TC.
Capers (Gliscor), Progressive (Machop), and Van Pig (Tepig) get 1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DC
Capers gets 2 KO counters.
I get 4 RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)