IVs to PID applet

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The applet to find your PID of a Pokemon just by typing in its IVs and Nature has been uploaded here.

Any bug reports and suggestions are welcome.

This applet is a direct consequence of this article.

Groundbreaking piece of work, but despite you saying the staff has already considered its implications, this applet (in conjunction with your previous article) will destroy the Wifi boards. I am not a Wifi-er but I can see that this will upset a LOT of people.

^ The information is out there already, it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Great work X-Act, and I hope you don't take this down just because some people will get upset.

Well I suppose (as you asked for suggestions) that extra pieces of output detailing Hidden Power, whether the Pokemon gets Ability 1 or 2, and whereabouts in the gender distribution the Pokemon lies, would be useful additions.

As you know, these would all be easy to calculate from the data the applet already outputs, and I wouldn't be surprised if you had thought of this already.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm okay I might do that.

By the way, the text in the PID window should appear in a monospaced font (Courier). It does appear like that in my applet viewer, but somehow it doesn't appear like that on Internet Explorer. Just a minor thing really.

EDIT: I fixed the applet to have monospaced font, and added Gender and Ability to the output. If your applet appears the same, exit from your browser and retry, or, if all else fails, delete all your temporary internet files and refresh the link.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Interesting, you can't have a D/P wild pokémon with 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Naive nature. And Modest have the highest chance of giving a perfect IV spread, while Adamant doesn't have a single one.

Well, I think now people will "just" have to trust each other when trading legends on the WiFi forums.

This is really cool X-Act. So if you can determine the PID now, can you calculate seed from PID?

Great work, both on this calculator and the article.

X-Act

This is really cool X-Act. So if you can determine the PID now, can you calculate seed from PID?

Great work, both on this calculator and the article.
Of course I can... that's how the applet works actually!

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is pretty awesome; why isn't it linked in your sig yet? :P

This will probably kill the wi-fi forum, but it honestly doesn't matter much, at least to me. I'll probably just start using my Pokesav'd stuff with missing trash bytes and incorrect PIDs again.

Well I suppose (as you asked for suggestions) that extra pieces of output detailing Hidden Power, whether the Pokemon gets Ability 1 or 2, and whereabouts in the gender distribution the Pokemon lies, would be useful additions.
In combination with Shoddy Battle (to find a legal IV/nature combination for a particular Hidden Power) and Pokesav (to find out what gender/ability slot a certain PID will produce), you can find these already. Although, any legend that you would need a PID for only has one ability regardless of which "class" is picked, and only Heatran has a gender, which is totally inconsequential in battle for anything other than the never-used Attract.

Are there plans to release an offline version of this program?

In combination with Shoddy Battle (to find a legal IV/nature combination for a particular Hidden Power) and Pokesav (to find out what gender/ability slot a certain PID will produce), you can find these already. Although, any legend that you would need a PID for only has one ability regardless of which "class" is picked, and only Heatran has a gender, which is totally inconsequential in battle for anything other than the never-used Attract.
Yes, as you say Pokesav help you determine what gender/ability a certain PID will produce when the PID is entered on the main Pokemon page and "Create" is pressed; 1st/2nd Class relating to its ability but then the ability would have to be updated manually. Pokesav would therefore actually allow a caught Pokemon with IVs matching the PID to have an incorrect ability.

Furthermore, the applet producing these as output is very useful in terms of hack checking, because for wild non-legendary Pokemon, hackers could get these wrong. This would show up when Nintendo hack tests a player at a tournament, and on some games may show up as a bad egg.

Having these pieces of information as output adds to its usefulness by not requiring the use of additional programs. I just mentioned Hidden Power output as it would make an extra piece of useful information (perhaps could even be used as an input field, along with the options "Fire/Water/.../Any").

I would, however, appreciate a downloadable offline version, but I think X-Act has done a very good job already, and I say thank you for so quickly implementing the gender and ability outputs.

EDIT: To Syberia - sorry for misleading you regarding gender, thanks for pointing out Pokesav 1st/2nd class update to me.

Yeah don't worry about the wifi board, this information has been available since Tsanth's thread on gamespot blew up (I think someone there had a similar applet as well).

Good job X-act.

Syberia

[custom user title]
It being available to everyone is always better than it being available to only a few people.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i think that the consequence of publicly available data on the IV restrictions is more important than the integrity of a forum that people could already make bulletproof fakes on anyway if they knew what they were doing... Free information!

X-Act kicks ass.

Syberia

[custom user title]
With regards to IV restrictions - I haven't seen a guide to the legal IV/Nature/Hidden Power combinations for Shoddy anywhere on this site. Since it would be useful, I will begin making one, unless it exists already and I'm just too dumb to find it.

X-Act

Not to be an asshole or anything, but I must say that ANY implementation that finds the PID of a Pokemon from its IVs uses the reverse RNG formula that, as far as I know, was discovered by me and by tsanth independently of each other without any external help. So every implementation that is neither by me nor by tsanth should give credit either to me or to tsanth as appropriate. I think this is only fair.

What's PID?
Read this.

Nice work X-Act. The applet hasn't changed for me so I'll delete Interenet Temp.Files later. Anyway, I put in IVs/nature my friend's shiny Adamant Eevee *caught in LG/FR* and it says no possibilities..so I tried another Pokemon's IVs/nature which is actually mine.. Heatran which I caught in Diamond and it also says no possibilities, why's that?

X-Act

Nice work X-Act. The applet hasn't changed for me so I'll delete Interenet Temp.Files later. Anyway, I put in IVs/nature my friend's shiny Adamant Eevee *caught in LG/FR* and it says no possibilities..so I tried another Pokemon's IVs/nature which is actually mine.. Heatran which I caught in Diamond and it also says no possibilities, why's that?
You probably haven't calculated your IVs correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)