ORAS OU Jamaican Ninja's

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hey guys littlelucario here, and I'm back with my first RMT in quite a while, so I hope that you guys enjoy it!

I wanted to build around Gardvoir since it is a frightening sweeper, and most teams are severely under prepared for it.

Next, I added in Magnezone to trap the Scizors and Skarmorys that walled and/or killed Gardevoir.

I added in Weavile since I really didnt have a physical attacking presence, and zam/tornt put in a ton of work vs this team.

I noticed that I was weak to a lot of physical attackers/setup sweepers, specifically BP mmeta and most mons with dd, so I added in counter skarm as a way to get a guaranteed kill vs those mons.

Hoopa-U was a mon that I wanted to test out, and I needed a special pivot, so I added AV Hoopa to the team.

The team was looking a bit weak to Weavile and Bisharp as well as Heatran, so I added in Keldeo to check those mons as well as it just being a great mon in general.

The Team seemed really weak to Talonflame, as my only way to reliable deal with it was either full HP skarm using counter on it or Hoopa-U using hyperspace fury after living a BB, and if it got to +2 with rocks up, then it was basically GG for my team, so I put in Magneton over Magnezone so that I had a more reliable way to kill it.

The Team:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 26 HP / 252 SpA / 230 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Roost

Wrath (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 26 Def / 252 SpA / 230 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt/Will-O-Wisp
Mega Gardevoir is a prolific offensive threat that can melt through weakened or unprepared teams like a knife through hot butter. 80% of the tier can't even take a hyper voice without being severely weakened, and the rest of the tier is hit hard by its STAB psyshock and possible coverage. Hyper Voice is a great STAB move that can rip through anything that doesnt resist it, psyshock is a complementary STAB that can hit poison types and special walls that don't take as much from pixilate boosted hyper voice. Its coverage move depends on what the team is weak to, and I run Focus Blast over HP fire because I have Magnezone to trap Skarm/Scizor, but you can run HP fire if you want to run like rotom-w over mag or something like that. The last move is a toss up between utility moves, Will-O-Wisp crippling physical attackers and mons that try to sucker punch Gardevoir, and taunt shutting down defensive mons such as Clefable, Chansey, and Klefki. The EV spread is to take certain hits like Latios' Psyshock and other things. Trace Lets Gardevoir trace Swift Swimmers, Trap Magnezones, Bounce back moves from Mega Sableye, and other similar things.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Naturea
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam/Thunderbolt/Sleep Talk
- Flash Cannon
Magneton has two main roles on this team, and he does both pretty damn well. He is supposed to trap steel types that wall Mega Gardevoir, mainly Scizor, Skarmory, and Klefki. Magnet Pull lets Magneton come in on a free switch or switch into a move that it doesnt care about, like roost from skarm, bullet punch from scizor, and twave from klefki, but it has to watch out for scizors that run superpower. Volt Switch lets it pivot out of mons and hit Talonflame hard before it gets smacked by Flare Blitz. Flash Cannon is just standard Steel STAB that helps me deal with Faries. The other move slot is a Toss up between Signal Beam, which lets you hit Hoopa/Celebi/Lati@s harder, Thunderbolt, which gives you a reliable Electric STAB, and sleep talk which gives you a sleep absorber.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick/Pursuit/Swords Dance/Poison Jab
- Ice Shard
Weavile is a great Pokemon that can do very good for this team and puts in a ton of works vs HO. Icicle Crash is a powerful STAB move that avoids rockychomp damage, takes out flying and dragon types, has a decent flinch chance, and is an all around great move that is hard for teams to switch into because of Weavile's secondary STAB in Dark. Knock Off is a great move that not only deals a ton of STAB damage but can also cripple mons that rely on their items like Chansey, P2, and others. Ice Shard is a nice priority move that can revenge kill a ton of mons from a fairly high range of HP, and can ohko some mons like Landot and Gliscor. The last move is a toss up between what you want for your team. Pursuit reliable traps ghost and psychic types, Low Kick can hit some targets that can deal with Weavile's STAB combination, like Heatran and TTar, SD can let Weavile set up on mons that dont want to stay in vs it like Gengar and Starmie, and easily clean up weakened/underprepared teams, and poison jab is nice if your team is super weak to faries.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Counter/Whirlwind
- Roost
Skarmory is my Blanket Check for physical attackers and setup sweepers, as well as being my main mon to remove and set hazards. This may seen like a lot for one mon, but skarm can handle all three jobs very well and can wall a very large portion of the metagame. Defog is there as my team has very few resistances to rocks and because hazard clearing in general is nice. Stealth Rock is the manditory entry hazard that wears down the opposing team, breaks sashes/sturdies, and nets some nice KOs for my sweepers. Counter lets Skarm deal with physical sweepers by doing a significant amount of damage back to the opponent. roost is reliable recovery that lets skarm heal off the damage sustained from walling physical attackers. The EV spread lets skarm outspeed certain mons that i forget while still being a monstrous wall. Whirlwind also makes it easier to deal with special attacking setup sweepers and can shuffle around the opponent's team.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature/Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch/Psychic
Hoopa-U is a recently released mon that I've wanted to try out, and it seems to fit well with this team. Assault vest lets Hoopa-U function as an amazing special pivot that takes little to no damage from many of the tier's premier special sweepers. Hyperspace fury is a powerful STAB move that 2HKOs basically anything that doesn't resist it. Drain Punch lets Hoopa heal off damage sustained by bulking hits from special sweeprs. The last slot depends on what you prefer, fire punch hits skarm and scizor where psychic hits specially and provides a powerful STAB. The spread maximizes Hoopa's bulk while not compromising power in the process.

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]/Icy Wind/Hidden Power [Electric]/Substitute
Keldeo is a frightening sweeper than can blow through properly weakened teams. I'm running Ebelt over leftovers so that i can bluff specs/scarf early game and setup late game when they have the illusion that I am locked into a choice item. Calm mind is a great setup move that lets Keldeo sweep teams and even take super effective special hits after a couple boosts, giving me another wincon. Scald is a great STAB move with decent power as well as that trolly 30% chance to burn that can allow Keldeo to muscle past some of its counters after a burn. Secret sword is a great special STAB move, and it hits mons that wall scald on the physically defensive side like chansey. The last move can either be a coverage move that you want, or substitute to let keldeo setup on stall and sucker punch users easier, and HP Bug is the first slash because of how prevalent hoopa u is right now and the fact that it hits psychic and dark types very hard. The spread and nature are standard Keldeo which lets it beat out 105 speed tier megas while still having a ton of power.

BlazeLatias for helping me build this sick squad
Omegasization for making me this amazing banner and the idea of the RMT theme
Human Mystery Box, Of Moose & Men , Avarice87, Teremiare, bludz, seventyfive, Mistress Remilia, Mega Magic Bounce, Dr Ciel Vertex, Team Pokepals, and all my other bros in the OU room for being great friends and helping me test my teams whenever I've needed help.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Threatlist:
Talonflame is a huge threat to my team because nothing can switch into it and my main check for it is worn down super easily because it has to trap opposing steels, so I have to pressure this thing to keep it from setting up, and play it very carefully if i want to win. Skarm can also beat this at full HP by countering it, but I have to prioritize getting rocks up before anything else vs this monster.
Skarmory can check this guy most of the time, but if skarm is trapped by a mag or otherwise worn down, this guy can 6-0 me after one turn of setup assuming that he is fairly healthy and running a jolly nature, but if it is adamant, then scarf magneton can revenge kill it. Weavile can revenge it if it is low on HP, and rocks definetely help wear it down and limit its switch in opportunities.
Metagross can easily dispatch my main team members if skarm is weakened to the point that it can be finished off, or has been killed by a mag, but it has to beware of switching in to most members of my team, Magneton can revenge it with HP fire if it is ~ 50-60% HP, and weavile can revenge it from ~50% HP with knock off if it isn't running bullet punch.
Both of these guys can kill my skarm, which is my primary check to physical sweepers, allowing said sweepers to dominate my team, and I have no ground type, so they can freely volt switch around on my team, gaining momentum vs me, whittling down my team members, and putting me in a disadvantage
I have basically no switch ins to this besides hoopa u, who is 2hko'd after rocks anyways and has a chance to be 2hko'd even without rocks. I usually have to maintain pressure and do as much damage as i can then revenge kill it, but I am in a very tough position if i have skarm in vs this thing, and I need to be careful to keep my wincon in tact when this thing is on the field.
Manectric can volt switch around on my team when i send in my counter to it, and has super effective coverage moves that blast my mons that dont take a very large amount from tbolt out of the water (overheat/flamethrower). My team gets worn down very easily vs this thing, and I have to play extremely well to beat it.
Feel free to suggest threats that I should add to the list.

Last edited:
Suggesting Char-Y as a threat. AV Hoopa-U is the only quick switch-in, and once they're gone, you'll need to hope for a revenge kill with smth. Tornadus-T needs you to do a set predict too so also suggesting that.

Otherwise, neat team. :)

This team seems really threatening so far, and a lot of thought has been put into it!

Like you said, Talonflame poses a threat to your team, but that's before you figure out what set it runs. If it's stall-breaker (WoW/Roost with only Brave Bird as its attack), it beats Skarmory, but NOT Magneton. If it's Choice Banded, you can predict around what move it will use and if it doesn't Flare Blitz, Skarmory and Magenton can cover it. It really depends on reading the opponent.

Your team struggles with bulky steel-types in general, and a Scarf-Magneton can only do so much. I'd consider something like Magnezone for more power --- for instance, your Timid, Scarf-Magneton HP Fire only KO's offensive Scizor 30% of the time without rocks, whereas Scizor can survive and OHKO back with Superpower. That's a lot of reliance on rocks right there, and speaking of which, you don't have a surefire way to keep your rocks on the field at the moment other than spin blocking with Hoopa.

You have a lot of slashes on your movesets. What is your intention here?
- Focus Blast > HP Fire on Gardevoir --- you have Magneton to clear out steels.
- Low Kick on Weavile helps you against Heatran and other steels --- you can even use this as a bait.
- Whirlwind > Counter on Skarmory --- this way, you have a way to phaze out big threats like Gyarados or even Agility M-Megatgross and offensive Charizard-X before they can run you over.
- What's the deal with Keldeo? Is it your win condition? If so, Leftovers > E-Belt (if you use Calm Mind, you already gave your set away anyway) and Substitute to prevent any statuses.

Take these suggestions as you will -- it seems you know what you are doing with this and what problems to fix.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
This team seems really threatening so far, and a lot of thought has been put into it!

Like you said, Talonflame poses a threat to your team, but that's before you figure out what set it runs. If it's stall-breaker (WoW/Roost with only Brave Bird as its attack), it beats Skarmory, but NOT Magneton. If it's Choice Banded, you can predict around what move it will use and if it doesn't Flare Blitz, Skarmory and Magenton can cover it. It really depends on reading the opponent.

Your team struggles with bulky steel-types in general, and a Scarf-Magneton can only do so much. I'd consider something like Magnezone for more power --- for instance, your Timid, Scarf-Magneton HP Fire only KO's offensive Scizor 30% of the time without rocks, whereas Scizor can survive and OHKO back with Superpower. That's a lot of reliance on rocks right there, and speaking of which, you don't have a surefire way to keep your rocks on the field at the moment other than spin blocking with Hoopa.

You have a lot of slashes on your movesets. What is your intention here?
- Focus Blast > HP Fire on Gardevoir --- you have Magneton to clear out steels.
- Low Kick on Weavile helps you against Heatran and other steels --- you can even use this as a bait.
- Whirlwind > Counter on Skarmory --- this way, you have a way to phaze out big threats like Gyarados or even Agility M-Megatgross and offensive Charizard-X before they can run you over.
- What's the deal with Keldeo? Is it your win condition? If so, Leftovers > E-Belt (if you use Calm Mind, you already gave your set away anyway) and Substitute to prevent any statuses.

Take these suggestions as you will -- it seems you know what you are doing with this and what problems to fix.
If i put magnezone over magneton, sd stabs roost tflame straight up 6-0's my team, whirlwind on skarm doesnt deal with mmeta and most physical sweepers as well as counter does, and the 4 attacks mmeta set would be super problematic if i ran whirlwind, hp fire on garde was a slash just in case someone wanted to put something like rotom w over mag, but low kick on weavile if definitely something that I've ran before and i do run, i just put pursuit in the first slash because trapping the lati twins is nice for this team, but ill prolly move low kick to to first slash. Lastly, ebelt is so taht i can bluff choice early game, then setup and win late game after keldeo's counters have been eliminated. Thanks for the rate, and ill be sure to consider you're suggestions.

Last edited:
Zard-X can easily setup on skarmory/hoopa/keldeo/weavile/magneton and can sweep your team

Is the biggest threat in your team imo because the classic bulky zard-x setup an dragon dance in any mon(except gardevoir) and sweep

I recommend you to add an hippowdon over your skarmory for checking more threats like zard-x and manectric + lando-t

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Nice team, I'll leave a rate later if I have time. Also, the Gardevoir spread you mentioned is supposed to be 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe. That spread prevents Gardevoir from being 2HKO'd by Psyshock from Latios.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 116-136 (41.8 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Zard-X can easily setup on skarmory/hoopa/keldeo/weavile/magneton and can sweep your team

Is the biggest threat in your team imo because the classic bulky zard-x setup an dragon dance in any mon(except gardevoir) and sweep

I recommend you to add an hippowdon over your skarmory for checking more threats like zard-x and manectric + lando-t

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
running hippo over skarm makes sure that GK mmeta 6-0s my team, so that's a terrible idea, also zardx gets burned by weavile if it tries to set up because icicle crash does over 50%, and it will probably be KO'd by ice shard after rocks, hoopa u does ~70 to 80% to zardx so it cant set up on that either, it cant set up on skarm because skarm roosts to full then and then bops it with counter, and most zardx dont want to switch into or set up on keld fearing that it is specs hydro pump which is a possibility if I bluff my set correctly, and I think that keldeo can take a +1 dragon claw and do a lot of damage back with scald.

WHEN RATING MY TEAM, KEEP IN MIND THAT CLOSING SOME HOLES CAN OPEN UP ADDITIONAL ONES, SO DON'T JUST RATE MY TEAM BASED ON 1 MON THAT THREATENS IT.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
I'm currently considering running av raik over hoopa to deal with mmane and flying types a little better, what do you guys think?

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright so I find your team quite weak to Mega Charizard X, Mega Manectric and also opposing Keldeos to an extent. I also don't really like the idea of Skarmory on such an offensive team but I do see why you have it.

Here are my proposed suggestions:

Magneton -> Rotom-Wash
Gardevoir: Taunt -> Will-O-Wisp
Skarmory -> Heatran
Hoopa-U -> Garchomp

Here is my thought process:
Your team's only Talonflame check is Magneton which can't switch into a Flare Blitz. Rotom-Wash checks Talonflame and also Mega Scizor (which is an annoyance to your team) while providing slow Volt Switches for Gardevoir and Weavile to come in. I think your standard Rotom-Wash set can work here.

I think that since you can't trap Scizors any more, Will-O-Wisp becomes better than Taunt on Mega Gardevoir. This lures in some of its common checks and eases some of the pressure that Mega Scizor and particularly Mega Metagross (once Skarm is taken off) apply.

Without Taunt, you're missing a stallbreaker. The team also still doesn't have an answer to Charizard X so I am suggesting a Stallbreaker Heatran here.

This provides a Stealth Rock setter and stallbreaker that can beat Clefable, and gives you a nice switch-in to Serperior and Charizard X. The Air Balloon helps with Dragon Dance Altaria as well.

Lastly, as I said I don't really like Skarmory on this team. At this point your weaknesses that have been covered by Skarmory (Mega Altaria, Azumarill and Sand Rush Excadrill) have been alleviated to a degree. The last thing missing is that the team is not all that fast and is still susceptible to Mega Manectric and other fast megas. This is why I'm suggesting a Choice Scarf Garchomp. Scarf Garchomp allows you to revenge kill a lot of threats such as Mega Metagross and Charizard X at +1, as well as preventing opposing teams from Volt Switching all over you.

I've listed the recommended changes in the box below

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

+ Will-O-Wisp on Gardevoir

Ultimately these changes will lead your team to appreciate Mega Lopunny and Metagross less but covers up a lot of the other holes that I saw. These changes don't give you a surefire Keldeo switch-in but Rotom-Wash is a better answer to it than Magneton for sure. You do lose out on hazard removal as well. Anyway I hope any of these thoughts help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Not gonna lie, but Fabio aka Mega Ampharos can check everything on that list with Metagross being an exception if it has EQ (it has a 5.9% of being 2HKO'd by EQ). It also pairs up with Skarmory really well, so if you wanna add that, I can add that as an option later. For now, I think one mon that can handle most of those threats is Tank Garchomp. Ice Punch Mega Metagross can still KO you, but you have Skarmory for him, so it's that bad. Tank Chomp also limits Talonflame and Gyarados (without Ice Fang) because of the 29% percent from physical moves. This also opens up a slot on Skarmory, so you'll be able to run another move such as Spikes > Stealth Rock, since Hazard Stacking is pretty useful, especially against threats like Keldeo and Voltturn teams. So if you add him, that leaves Zard Y and Zard X as you're biggest threats. I think Air Balloon Heatran as bludz mentioned above, will work since you'll only have to face on of them. So these 2 will replace Hoopa-U and Magneton.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon (if you wanna hit other Heatran or if you run Stone Edge)
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon / Stone Edge (if you wanna kill Talon and Zard Y)

That's it for now. Another option you could try out is Mega Altaria, since it's able to check both Zard Y, Zard X and Keldeo, which is something that can still threaten your whole team. Bludz ninja'd me pretty hard, but let me know if my rate was helpful and if it wasn't I can try something else. Hope I helped ^_^

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Alright so I find your team quite weak to Mega Charizard X, Mega Manectric and also opposing Keldeos to an extent. I also don't really like the idea of Skarmory on such an offensive team but I do see why you have it.

Here are my proposed suggestions:

Magneton -> Rotom-Wash
Gardevoir: Taunt -> Will-O-Wisp
Skarmory -> Heatran
Hoopa-U -> Garchomp

Here is my thought process:
Your team's only Talonflame check is Magneton which can't switch into a Flare Blitz. Rotom-Wash checks Talonflame and also Mega Scizor (which is an annoyance to your team) while providing slow Volt Switches for Gardevoir and Weavile to come in. I think your standard Rotom-Wash set can work here:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I think that since you can't trap Scizors any more, Will-O-Wisp becomes better than Taunt on Mega Gardevoir. This lures in some of its common checks and eases some of the pressure that Mega Scizor and particularly Mega Metagross (once Skarm is taken off) apply.

Without Taunt, you're missing a stallbreaker. The team also still doesn't have an answer to Charizard X so I am suggesting a Stallbreaker Heatran here. I would recommend the following set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon

This provides a Stealth Rock setter and stallbreaker that can beat Clefable, and gives you a nice switch-in to Serperior and Charizard X. The Air Balloon helps with Dragon Dance Altaria as well.

Lastly, as I said I don't really like Skarmory on this team. At this point your weaknesses that have been covered by Skarmory (Mega Altaria, Azumarill and Sand Rush Excadrill) have been alleviated to a degree. The last thing missing is that the team is not all that fast and is still susceptible to Mega Manectric and other fast megas. This is why I'm suggesting a Choice Scarf Garchomp. Scarf Garchomp allows you to revenge kill a lot of threats such as Mega Metagross and Charizard X at +1, as well as preventing opposing teams from Volt Switching all over you.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Ultimately these changes will lead your team to appreciate Mega Lopunny and Metagross less but covers up a lot of the other holes that I saw. These changes don't give you a surefire Keldeo switch-in but Rotom-Wash is a better answer to it than Magneton for sure. You do lose out on hazard removal as well. Anyway I hope any of these thoughts help you.
thanks man, these changes look great, and patch up a lot of holes that i had, and they dont open up any new ones that i can see, so ill be sure to test them right away!

Not gonna lie, but Fabio aka Mega Ampharos can check everything on that list with Metagross being an exception if it has EQ (it has a 5.9% of being 2HKO'd by EQ). It also pairs up with Skarmory really well, so if you wanna add that, I can add that as an option later. For now, I think one mon that can handle most of those threats is Tank Garchomp. Ice Punch Mega Metagross can still KO you, but you have Skarmory for him, so it's that bad. Tank Chomp also limits Talonflame and Gyarados (without Ice Fang) because of the 29% percent from physical moves. This also opens up a slot on Skarmory, so you'll be able to run another move such as Spikes > Stealth Rock, since Hazard Stacking is pretty useful, especially against threats like Keldeo and Voltturn teams. So if you add him, that leaves Zard Y and Zard X as you're biggest threats. I think Air Balloon Heatran as bludz mentioned above, will work since you'll only have to face on of them. So these 2 will replace Hoopa-U and Magneton.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon (if you wanna hit other Heatran or if you run Stone Edge)
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon / Stone Edge (if you wanna kill Talon and Zard Y)

That's it for now. Another option you could try out is Mega Altaria, since it's able to check both Zard Y, Zard X and Keldeo, which is something that can still threaten your whole team. Bludz ninja'd me pretty hard, but let me know if my rate was helpful and if it wasn't I can try something else. Hope I helped ^_^
This rate was also really nice, ill try to use a hybrid of your rate and the one bludz gave me, and it was quite helpful to the team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)