1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Other Japanese Language Translations

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by TorchicBlaziken, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TorchicBlaziken

TorchicBlaziken

I have noticed that many Japanese people use the RNG programs. (most of the search results when I was searching JP sites that mention Smogon referred to these programs.) There should be Japanese language text on these programs to facilitate their use. The translator would have to be well-versed in both language Pokéjargon, though.
  2. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Unfortunately... we're really low on Japanese language translation resources... basically, I'm the only user I know of that's active in Smogon contributing and can speak Japanese (Phil doesn't count 'cause he as a job and can't read Kanji, and Jumpluff has been pretty inactive as of late).

I'm not really interested in rewriting programs in Japanese (and frankly, all my smogon time and energy is already dedicated to UU, GP Checking, The Smog, and other projects...).

If someone else with reasonable Japanese skills just wants a proofread or help with Pokejargon, I can help.

Also, the Smogon Japanese project will go public pretty soon-- I've written a comprehensive guide to our site and forums. All the info is uploaded, just waiting to get the pictures and English main page and credits up
  3. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

I live in Japan and am fluent in Japanese. Releasing a Japanese-localized version of PPRNG is on my list of things to do, but at the moment it's a pretty low priority.
  4. HuntSaboteur

HuntSaboteur

It's not like anyone outside of Japan actually can read Kanji fluently. Also, surely the entire thing can be written in Kana? I think you may need to reconsider, Toshio-san. From what I know, the only reason people use Kanji is to distinguish between words like kami (paper), kami (hair) and kami (god);hashi (bridge) and hashi (chopsticks);and meishi (business card) and meushi (dairy cow)

P.S. HuntSaboteur = (PO) Homusubi

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)