Japanese Movie Celebi Confirmed

At long last, Entei receives a decent physical fire move.
I can already see the future metagame changing...

Togekiss has 20% more "power", as well as a bigger offensive movepool. This metagame handles Togekiss.
togekiss is slower, togekiss is less bulky, togekiss is weak to SR, your point? celebi with nasty plot will be powerful, but i dont think it will be broken either, the thing is that if togekiss had base 100 speed it would sweep a lot more.

Celebi, much like latias, will be banned to ubers, with this new access to nasty plot. Despite it's myriad of weaknesses, it simply brings too much power to the metagame. As part of a short baton pass chain, it is pretty....tough.
I don't see how when things like infernape and gengar exist.
Anyway, celebi has had swords dance since FR/LG, no one has complained about it. It's STAB zen headbutt and seed bomb are (iirc) the same base power as energy ball and psychic. What it lacks in physical movepool is made up for by the fact that so many people switch speciel stoppers into it.
Celebi: Will shootup a lot, but frankly, outclassed. Infernape does offensive sweeping better, suicune still does bulky sweeping better.
Entei: A large jump in usage at first, (probably enough for UU) but will then drop like a rock when people choose arcanine. I still think it's better though with those fantastic defenses (101 subs FTW!) and stone edge, but not by much. If only he had earthquake.
Raikou: Will come up to OU for a short time, along with dugtrio and a rise in scarftar. Even better now that latias is gone. I could see this having staying power, but not as much as celebi.
Suicune: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Celebi: Will shootup a lot, but frankly, outclassed. Infernape does offensive sweeping better, suicune still does bulky sweeping better.
This I find is very true. Scizor is everywhere now a days, and Celebi won't like CB boosted U-Turns/X-Scissors/Bug Bites.

Anyway, celebi has had swords dance since FR/LG, no one has complained about it. It's STAB zen headbutt and seed bomb are (iirc) the same base power as energy ball and psychic. What it lacks in physical movepool is made up for by the fact that so many people switch speciel stoppers into it.

Yeah, when i switch my Special wall into your Celebi to meet a Swords Dance or a Psychical attack ( which isin't doing much) I'm switching to one of my Steels to completly wall you and your Celebi is turned into a waste of space

Celebi can always forgo recovery and run NP/psychic/earth power/hp:fire. There won't be a lot that can stand up to that without being faster. scarftran infernape, starmie, jolteon come to mind. all of whom can be hit with earth power on the switch.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No. HP fire is wasted on Celebi when she can take out Scizor with 2+ Earthpower with entry hazards. The ideal set (imo) would be something like

Nasty plot / Grass Knot / Psychic / Earthpower

No. HP fire is wasted on Celebi when she can take out Scizor with 2+ Earthpower with entry hazards. The ideal set (imo) would be something like

Nasty plot / Grass Knot / Psychic / Earthpower
Actually, there's no recovery move on that set, and Celebi would be considered as a bulky sweeper. As one, why wouldn't it want to use Recover somewhere on the moveset? Psychic has little utility other than OHKO'ing Machamp. OU is littered with steels left and right. Jirachi, Metagross, Bronzong, etc. each has a x4 resistance to Psychic. And Celebi's speed can only max at 328 which isn't incredibly fast, and therefore would be outsped by a lot of Pokemon, which means its HP would go down REALLY fast.
Wish support could be an option though.
If Celebi is getting Nasty Plot, I think an ideal set to run would be NP/ Grass Knot/ Earth Power/ Recover.
An ideal team mate would also be Choice Scarf Magnezone with HP Fire to get rid of Scizors (and not to mention they have incredible synergy with each other).

Actually, there's no recovery move on that set, and Celebi would be considered as a bulky sweeper. As one, why wouldn't it want to use Recover somewhere on the moveset? Psychic has little utility other than OHKO'ing Machamp. OU is littered with steels left and right. Jirachi, Metagross, Bronzong, etc. each has a x4 resistance to Psychic. And Celebi's speed can only max at 328 which isn't incredibly fast, and therefore would be outsped by a lot of Pokemon, which means its HP would go down REALLY fast.
Wish support could be an option though.
If Celebi is getting Nasty Plot, I think an ideal set to run would be NP/ Grass Knot/ Earth Power/ Recover.
An ideal team mate would also be Choice Scarf Magnezone with HP Fire to get rid of Scizors (and not to mention they have incredible synergy with each other).
Psychic hits Gengar, Salamence, Dragonite, Breloom, Heracross, Ninjask, Rotom-A, Togekiss, Zapdos, and Skarmory harder than the other moves. I'd say it is worth it.

AHAHAHAHA.

Now they've confirmed a 13th Movie Scizor, holding a Starf Berry, at level 50 in a Cherish Ball. Sounds decent, right?

It also has Swarm and a movie movepool you could teach it via level up, with X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Iron Defense and Agility.

Found it sourced via Serebii, but holy shit is this a terrible event mon.

AHAHAHAHA.

Now they've confirmed a 13th Movie Scizor, holding a Starf Berry, at level 50 in a Cherish Ball. Sounds decent, right?

It also has Swarm and a movie movepool you could teach it via level up, with X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Iron Defense and Agility.

Found it sourced via Serebii, but holy shit is this a terrible event mon.
Oh my God, I LITERALLY thought you were joking, then checked Serebii and WTF? WHO THE HELL WOULD USE THREE STAT BOOSTING MOVES?!?!?! Although with that moveset, Technician would be useless, but Swarm would do something. Starf Berry is okay, that's seems like the only good thing you get from this. Except for the Cherish Ball >_>. Watch it have crap IVs and a crap nature or something so that ANYTHING you could breed would be WAY better.

You can always tutor/TM stuff onto it. I'm pretty sure you could get a fairly standard moveset on it pretty easily.
Also, IVs of event Pokémon are never set beforehand; the nature will most likely be random too (at worst, it will be always Adamant).

I'd love to have a Scizor in a Cherish Ball, personally. It matches Scizor's colour scheme perfectly.

EDIT: Didn't see that it always had Swarm. This suggests that the nature is fixed (probably Adamant).

You can always tutor/TM stuff onto it. I'm pretty sure you could get a fairly standard moveset on it pretty easily.
Also, IVs of event Pokémon are never set beforehand; the nature will most likely be random too (at worst, it will be always Adamant).

I'd love to have a Scizor in a Cherish Ball, personally. It matches Scizor's colour scheme perfectly.

EDIT: Didn't see that it always had Swarm. This suggests that the nature is fixed (probably Adamant).
I thought the exact same thing. It's not really anything special, but Cherish Ball does fit Scizor better than any other Poke Ball does. I'd pick up this event just for that, but who knows if this event will make it globally. We have gotten most events lately though.

BTW, when do we get Mew?! >:(

That's not really a reason to have an event, because a Pokemon looks good in a Pokeball (although the reason was the movie thing, which is a good reason, but it still could have had different moves than the person in the movie, or at least the movie person could use more interesting moves). Besides, they COULD have used some moves that Scizor only learns by TM or Egg Move or Move Tutor instead of Level-Up, like in Winner's Path, Bronzor has Trick Room, Duskull has Imprison, and Beldum has Zen Headbutt.

TBH, that Scizor is only useful if you want an Agility Sweeper, since it doesn't have Technician and Baton Pass is an Egg move. Also, Extremespeed only has 20 more Base Power than a Technician boosted Quick Attack so it's not really necessary.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aura Sphere raikou?

As far as nasty plot celebi, it doesn't seem much different than togekiss or infernape, neither of which are weak to pursuit or have 7 weaknesses.
Celebi has bulk on it's side and switching in to a hit is much easier.

Game Freak sure does like trolling us.I mean,a Scizor with 3 stat boosting moves and X-scissor!Talk about a useless event/horrible event.Maybe it'll unlock something in BW though.Waste of an event,though I guess the NP Celebi will make up for that.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
(prays to Arceus for Celebi with a random nature)

Gamefreak can't restrict the natures for Celebi like the shiny dogs right?

I wonder how this will be delt with on shoddy. We are either going to have to have someone program into it that whenever you choose arua sphere riakou will have to have some crappy nature and ivs or just not care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)