1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

JBRO is in the 1900 club! [45-8-1]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by JBRO130, Feb 20, 2013.

1. JBRO130

JBRO130

Here's the proof
    [​IMG]

I am using a hyper offensive team. For people who do not know, these types of teams use opportunities to set up and sweep one pokemon to another. Switching pokemon is not a very uncommon practice as it destroys momentum, however when you do you switch, it is anticipation of what you think your opponent is going to do in order to gain the momentum. You do not simply switch to have one of your pokemon soak damage, because you have no pokemon to do that. Well anyways, here is the team!

[​IMG]
    Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Spd / 88 Def
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Thunder Wave
    - Taunt

Show Hide
    Deoxys-Defense is probably the best lead for a hyper offence team. There is a reason why it is about to get banned. It can easily set up Stealth Rocks and at least a layer of Spikes. This 15ish percent is vital as it helps your sweepers get the job done. Taunt prevents other pokemon to set up on me while I am doing my thing. Thunder Wave allows me to slow down anything that might be to fast for my team. The reason why I have 88 points into defence as it allows me to survive things i usually wont be able to survive like a choice band Tyranitar, half the time. I was going to put a bit more points into defence so I can always survive a crunch, but I think I should focus more on who is going to replace Deoxys rather than fixing the EV spread. Ideas for replacement appreciated!

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Show Hide
    Probably my favourite sweeper in OU. Once in a sub, it is nearly impossible for my opponent to sack a pokemon because your opponent has to waste a move breaking the sub. There is only a few counters to Terrakion such as Gliscor, Slowbro and Landorus-T. However if a Swords Dance gets off, Terrakion is able to do heavy damage to these counters of his. Salac Berry is just wonderful on this build. It allows me to out speed faster and some choice scarfed pokemon. This does have a bit of a learning curve, however once you have learned it, you will be enjoying one hell of a ride.

[​IMG]
    Alakazam @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Focus Blast
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball

Show Hide
    The revenge killer of the team. With magic guard and focus sash, Alakazam never gets OHKO. I picked Psyshock over Psychic because it allows Alakazam to hit specially defensive pokemon. Remember, retaining momentum is important in a hyper offensive team! HP Fire is for all them steel pokemon such as Forretress and Scizor for example. Focus Blast is an obvious choice; fighting being the most offensive type. However when using this move, it will make or break games. When using it, make sure you have a back up or something to get out of the situation you are in right in case you die. Shadow Ball is there for pokemon who resist the rest of Alakazam's moves such as Latias.

[​IMG]
    Breloom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Seed
    - Low Sweep-->FOCUS PUNCH
    - Mach Punch
    - Spore

Show Hide
    Breloom is on my team for variety of reasons. Breloom is great at picking apart stall teams because he outspends most pokemon on a stall team, therefore easy spore. I picked Low Sweep over Swords Dance because not every pokemon on your team should not be set up sweepers. Low Sweep gives me instant damage and it also slows them which allows Breloom to get another hit on them (I am saying this because Low Sweep is usually followed up after a Spore because people love switching). Bullet Seed is for breaking subs, focus sashes, and it usually kills pokemon that Terrakion can't normally take care of. Mach Punch is necessary because it helps revenge kill, and kill faster pokemon because Breloom is not the fastest of pokemon.

[​IMG]
    Keldeo @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]-->RAIN DANCE
    - Secret Sword
    - Icy Wind-->HP ICE
    - Hydro Pump

Show Hide
    Keldeo is a beast. Hydro Pump hits almost everything hard. Use it when you do not know what they are going to switch into and watch good shit happen.I like Icy Wind over HP Ice for a few reasons. One, it slows the opponent's pokemon if it does not die. This is good because right in case Keldeo dies, it allows a slower pokemon to come in. In other words, it does not limit you on the pokemon you have to use next. Second reason why I am using it is to use HP Ghost. This is for pokemon such as Jellicent. I hate getting walled as it ruins momentum. Secret Sword is wonderful for the exact same reason as Psyshock. It allows you to hit the specially defensive walls. Now time to talk about Expert Belt. Whoever started this trend is a genius because people think you are scarfed into a move. You will find that your opponents will switch into pokemon they usually won't switch into Keldeo due to this. This practically means free kill.

[​IMG]
    Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Fire Punch

Show Hide
    With Multiscale and a Lum Berry, you can guarantee a safe Dragon Dance which is great! Outrage will blow through just about anything. ExtremeSpeed is very useful because it allows me to out speed the meta. With 2 Dragon Dances, it practically kills most shit that is going to threaten your Dragonite. Fire Punch kills other things that walls Dragonite like Skarmory. The one big pokemon that walls Dragonite is Heatran. This is not an issue because I got a lot of fighting moves on my team!

My team has its obvious weaknesses like psychic moves! However, It has not caused problems. I would like to pretty much hear anything from you guys that can push this team into the 2000's. Please like the post if you found it helpful or simply just liked the team.

For all Deoxys-D users, lets all discuss what we can do for a replacement!

Again, I hope you guys enjoyed this and found this helpful!
  2. Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Hey, there

Nice team. However well-known in the team lacks a Spin-bloker, something almost essential for a HO team with Deoxys-D, given the vast number of hazards that you should set to start the sweep of your Pokemon, I put this to Scarf Gengar instead of Alakazam, Gengar due to its type, blocks all Spin-bloker and with the powerful special attack can also kill them, the moveset would be this: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunder, Destiny Bond, Timid .

The take two moves a STAB is the main Gengar that is the weapon which uses more, Focus Blast serves for Heatran, Tyranitar, Magnezone for example, while Thunder serves mainly for Keldeo, which is almost always under the rain, with the which with the support of Stealth Rock can safely kill him.
    Destiny Bond is to kill the most lethal enemy who made too statup and apparently could not stop them.
    On Keldeo suggest Surf> Hydro Pump for reasons of accuracy, Hydro Pump often fails when it should not, but these are personal opinions, if you want you can also rely on Hydro Pump.

Good luck!
  3. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hey!

Very cool team you have here so props for it.

Looking at it, I see that you haven't a Rapid Spin-blocker and that's pretty bad because Rapid Spin-blockers allow to keep up the entry hazards, which is very important for a team as yours of course since Stealth Rock and Spikes support a lot your sweepers. Therefore, I'd go with Mr Green's suggestion to use Choice Scarf Gengar replacing Alakazam because Gengar is a good Rapid Spin-blocker and it's a good revenge-killler too with Choice Scarf. An EVs spread of 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 HP with a moveset of Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Fire and Destiny Bond, with Timid nature and with Choice Scarf of course should work fine on your team. I'd use Hidden Power Fire because with it Gengar can surprise and kill Scizor which can give some problem to your main sweeper, Terrakion with Bullet Punch; if Scizor dies, your Terrakion can definitely sweep opponent's team more easily. I'd not use Thunder because Keldeo isn't threat for this team since your Keldeo and Dragonite can check it well and if you play carefully, Keldeo shouldn't give you a lots of problems.

Then, your team seems weak to sun teams because Venusaur after a Growth can smash your team easily and you can't do anything to try to stop it; sun teams are in general a problem for any weatherless team because they can smash the weatherless teams easily with their Chlorophylll sweeper such as Venusaur and Victreebel. Therefore, I suggest you to use Rain Dance replacing Hidden Power Ghost on Keldeo because with this simple change, you can beat sun teams easily since they usually sacrificate Ninetales against weatherless teams and when they do that, you can use Rain Dance to change the weather and to win easily the game. Rain Dance is good against sand teams too, since it breaks Dragonite's Multiscale and since it hits all your team member except Terrakion. Otherwise Hidden Power Ghost doesn't seem a very good move on Keldeo since it doesn't hit hard Special Defensive Jellicent anyway and Rain Dance is definitely a better move than Hidden Power Ghost since it helps a lot against sand and sun teams, which are of course more common than Jellicent nowadays, which however doesn't seem a threat for this team since you can beat it with Breloom, Gengar and Lum Berry Dragonite easily.

As last thing, I suggest you to try Focus Punch replacing Low Sweep on Breloom, why low the speed of Breloom's counter and check when you can even kill them with Focus Punch and Mach Punch? Here are some damages that Focus Punch does:

Show Hide

Dragonite: 394 Atk VS 226 Def and 323 HP (150 Base Power): 183 - 216 (56.65% - 66.87%)

Salamence: 394 Atk VS 196 Def and 331 HP (150 Base Power): 211 - 248 (63.74% - 74.92%)

Latios: 394 Atk VS 196 Def and 301 HP (150 Base Power): 211 - 248 (70.09% - 82.39%)

Starmie: 394 Atk VS 206 Def and 261 HP (150 Base Power): 201 - 236 (77.01% - 90.42%)

Volcarona: 394 Atk VS 166 Def and 311 HP (150 Base Power): 249 - 293 (80.06% - 94.21%)

Venusaur: 394 Atk VS 202 Def and 301 HP (150 Base Power): 205 - 241 (68.1% - 80.06%)

Skarmory: 394 Atk VS 416 Def and 334 HP (150 Base Power): 201 - 236 (60.17% - 70.65%)

Thundurus-T: 394 Atk VS 176 Def and 299 HP (150 Base Power): 235 - 276 (78.59% - 92.3%)

Landorus: 394 Atk VS 216 Def and 319 HP (150 Base Power): 192 - 226 (60.18% - 70.84%)

Now you can understand how powerful is a Life Orb Focus Punch, so I suggest you to try it because it's simple a better move than Low Sweep on Life Orb Breloom. Another option can be use Sword Dance replacing Low Sweep which helps you a lot against stall teams that can be troublesome in some chances but probably Focus Punch is better on your team because it allows to surprise and kill some theats such as Landorus, Venusaur, Thundurus-T, Volcarona and so on. Credit to Neliel for Life Orb Breloom anyway.

Good luck!
  4. JBRO130

JBRO130

Hey guys! Thanks for taking your time in reading the thread!

Here are my thoughts about gengar. I had him on my team before and he was great. The only thing i disliked (and I really disliked it) is when i go in for a rapid spin block and gengar ends up getting sacked! I am sure you know that alakazam takes care of all those chlorophyll sweepers. I just use the opportunity to kill/set up if he is going to rapid spin. However I do see where you guys are coming from and I will need to take a closer look.

As in for Keldeo, that is probably what i should do. It helps me with the fact that it can totally cripple my opponents team.

Lastly, I actually like that Breloom change. It is prefect for instant damage.

Thanks for all the help!

P.S. I will make changes to my thread asap!
  5. VN.

VN. the birds pt. 1
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey man, congrats on your peak, good luck with the improvement,

Anyways Latios and Alakazam are pretty problematic for this team; Latios is able to come in on something like Keldeo or even a double switch to Breloom and start spamming Draco Meteor, which the rest of the team doesn't really want to take [given that it 2hkos/ohkos all of them], while Alakazam and its attacks [mainly psychic] are able to do the same and threaten every Pokemon with a 2hko, save I guess Dragonite with multiscale intact, though it's still a pretty major threat, though SR going up is definitely a possibility in the match if you have at least an average opponent. Anyways I think you might want to try a Swords Dance Scizor as well. While Breloom is definitely an awesome Pokemon and playing 5-6 is a big advantage, it just sort of adds fraility to the team and reinforces the huge weakness to Latios and Alakazam; Scizor on the other hand actually helps this team in addition to checking major threats. +2 Scizor Superpower does like 60-75% with a Life Orb and 48-58% with any other item, which is always a 2hko, if Skarmory comes in on SD and you superpower he's then forced to whirlwind, leaving him in 2hko range, if you are lucky enough to get a Pokemon that forces Skarm out, you can then set up Dragonite later in the match and have it do 47.31% - 55.69% to Skarm with +1 Fire Punch, KOing it thanks to the work Scizor put in; the same strategy also works with Dragonite/Terrakion with stuff like Hippowdon so you have a pretty great offensive core going on. Since this team has a lot of offensive presence already I think you could also try a Scarfed Keldeo over your current version; as any Dragon Dancing dragons could get sort of problematic if they ever get a DD up since you have no dragon resists and Terrakion is killed by EQ and outsped; Keldeo can finish these Pokemon off and prevent a sweep, or at the very least force them back out into hazards. Because of its immense power, Scarf Keldeo is also a fantastic cleaner and can usually sweep after the carnage done by your main sweepers and hazards. Other than that, everything looks pretty good, best of luck breaking 2K. On another note Alakazam>Gengar might be a nice change as the other raters above me have suggested; I don't think the team will miss Alaka's extra offensive presence too much given the inherent power of Terrakion/Dragonite, so taking a bit more of a backseat and keeping your hazards safe with Gengar could help the team a lot.

[​IMG]
    Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Bug Bite
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower

[​IMG]
    Keldeo (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power Ice / Ghost

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)