Ji;w;achi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor

[OVERVIEW]

Redirection opposing threats and giving allies breathing room.

9 resists, highlights of which are dragon, normal, fairy.

In comparison to amoonguss, doesn't get avoided by grass types and redirects spores if using Safety Goggles

Flinches and Speed Control utility beyond redirection

4 big weaks that leave it vulnerable to fire, ground, dark, ghost types

cannot redirect common spread moves ie eq, heat wave

[SET]
name: Follow Me
move 1: Iron Head
move 2: Icy Wind / Thunder Wave
move 3: Follow Me
move 4: Protect
item: Safety Goggles
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Iron Head Flinches + hits fairies/kyube

Icy Wind applies spread -1 speed and hits landot and avoids taunt

Thunder Wave is a form of more permanent speed control, but lacks spread, doesn’t avoid taunt, and can’t hit ground-types such as Lando-T, whereas Icy Wind can.

Follow Me provides ally with room to breath; avoided by spread moves though

Protect is an all around good move in Doubles, stalling out field conditions or enabling Jirachi to avoid damage or double-targets as its partner clears opposing threats.

Set Details
========

The given EVs grant Jirachi just enough speed to outspeed base 70s, such as Breloom, while putting the rest into maximizing HP and Special Defense.

Alternative spreads:

252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe with a Jolly Nature outspeeds base 80s such as Hoopa-Unbound

even more speed to 252 HP / 108 SpD / 148 Spe Jolly Nature lets Jirachi outspeed neutral base 100s

Allow Jirachi to use its utility moves before opponents in said speed tiers.​

Sacrifices bulk​

Usage Tips
========

Utilize Jirachi's good matchups vs major threats in the meta ie kang, latios, amoonguss to bring it in safely and provide redirection support.

Sets up momentum and 2 mon sweeps

Avoid Fires/Darks/Ghosts

Don't keep jirachi out + another support mon at the same time

Team Options
========

Waters to check fires/steels, benefit from jirachi stopping grasses/dragons

Hydreigon/Landot have good matchups vs steels as well

Garde/Tflame have typing synergy + like redirection to avoid powerful attacks to compensate for frailness.

Setup moves
Bdrum, sub, pup
Mons that need to get going then they fuck shit up
Mega turn of diancie
Diamond storm
Speed Boost​

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Wide pool of utiliy moves

Shuca or Occa berry for eq / fire types

Helping Hand, Healing Wish, Safeguard, Skill Swap, and Stealth Rocks

Helping hand helps spread attackers
Healing Wish helps teams especially vulnerable to status
Safeguard helps avoid status
Skill Swap is a niche option that lets you switch abilities with partnered weather-setters to reset weather, intimidate refresh, opposing powerful abilities ie parental bond/pixilate, niche interactions such as flash fire
Stealth Rocks helps teams especially weak to threats hampered by rocks, ie char y talonflame thundurus kyube deo-a. Also helps for teams that need a little more damage to score KOs

Weather setting moves such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day can help a team’s poor matchup against sun and rain teams, respectively, though it should be noted that a fast Jirachi spread should be used if using Rain Dance to outspeed opposing Charizard Y to set Rain before a Heat Wave.

Trick Room for opposing tailwind / tr, also to help against faster teams

Scarf Jirachi gets high-speed flinches, lures talonflame
Still bad because frail + movelocking + fishing for flinches when you do no damage

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Dark-, Fire-, Ground-, and Ghost-types such as Hydreigon, Heatran, Landorus-Therian, and Aegislash

**Speed**: Can't flinch if they're faster. They'll bop you before you can bop them

**Utility Moves**: Taunt neuters Jirachi’s supportive capabalities

[OVERVIEW]

Jirachi is a resilient redirector in the doubles meta, making it a powerful momentum grab.

Possessing highly useful resistances, such as to Dragon-, Normal-, and Fairy-type coverage, Jirachi provides easy switches throughout a match and alleviates pressure from allies with said weaknesses.

Unlike Amoonguss, which uses Rage Powder for redirection, Jirachi’s Follow me and Safety Goggles let it neuter opposing Grass-types.

In addition, it provides useful utility in Serene Grace flinches and speed control.

On the other hand, Jirachi’s multiple weaknesses leave it with poor matchups against Fire- and Ground-types, and only having one STAB along with poor offensive stats give it little offensive pressure by itself, relying on a partner to do the work.

[SET]
name: Follow Me
move 1: Iron Head
move 2: Icy Wind / Thunder Wave
move 3: Follow Me
move 4: Protect
item: Safety Goggles
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Iron Head is Jirachi’s only STAB, hitting Fairies such as Sylveon and Mega Diancie as well as Ice-types such as Kyurem-Black.

Icy Wind alleviates Jirachi’s poor matchup against Taunt and Landorus-Therian, giving it ways to counteract these threats.

Thunder Wave is a form of more permanent speed control, but lacks spread, doesn’t avoid taunt, and can’t hit ground-types such as Lando-T, making Icy Wind generally better.

Follow Me lets Jirachi redirect incoming threats away from Jirachi’s partner, letting Jirachi’s resistances and bulk handle the blunt of the blow. In addition, Follow Me clears the way for guaranteed sacs and breathing room, giving teams a boost in momentum. It should be noted that spread moves such as Earthquake and Heat Wave, both of which are super-effective against Jirachi, bypass Follow Me as they his both opponents.

Protect is an all around good move in Doubles, stalling out field conditions or enabling Jirachi to avoid damage or double-targets as its partner clears opposing threats.

Set Details
========

The given EVs grant Jirachi just enough speed to outspeed base 70s, such as Breloom, while putting the rest into maximizing HP and Special Defense.

Alternative spreads with more speed - 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe with a Jolly Nature outspeeds base 80s such as Hoopa-Unbound, running even more speed to 252 HP / 108 SpD / 148 Spe Jolly Nature lets Jirachi outspeed neutral base 100s, such as Kangaskhan and Charizard Y - can be used as they allow Jirachi to use its utility moves before opponents in said speed tiers.

However, these spreads sacrifice a significant amount of bulk for the sake of flinches or pulling off a final Icy Wind or Thunder Wave before being KO’d.

Usage Tips
========

Utilize Jirachi’s multiple resistances to wall and force out particular threats, such as Amoonguss, Kangaskhan, and Latios, which lack the ability to deal meaningful damage to Jirachi, while Jirachi’s partner is given free rein to apply offensive pressure without being hampered.

Jirachi works best as a momentum grab, saccing to set up the right positioning of 2 mons to continuously apply offensive pressure while providing free turns.

Avoid using Jirachi to confront Pokemon that can deal large amount of damage to it, such as Hydreigon, Charizard Y, and Heatran.

Also bear in mind that while Jirachi has Iron Head and Icy Wind, Taunt from threats such as Thundurus or Keldeo effectively neuters it from redirecting for its partner.

Use Jirachi to keep up offensive pressure: don’t let Jirachi and another passive support Pokemon to be out at the same time.

Team Options
========

Jirachi has excellent typing synergy with water types, such as Azumarill or Keldeo, which check its weakness to Fires and Steels very well while appreciating Jirachi’s good matchup against grasses and dragons.

In addition, other threats that handle Fire and Steel-types well such as Hydreigon or Landorus-Therian synergize with Jirachi by taking out these threats.

Pokemon which appreciate Jirachi redirecting super-effective hits with ease, such as Gardevoir-Mega and Talonflame, take advantage of the free turns to take out opposing threats.

Pokemon with setup moves, such as Azumarill Belly Drum, Kangaskhan Power-Up-Punch, Volcarona Quiver Dance or Diancie Diamond Storm utilize the space given by Jirachi to set up and then sweep.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Jirachi can run other sets depending on what a team needs.

If it is especially Landorus-Therian weak or weak to Fire-types in general, Shuca or Occa berry can alleviate those issues, respectively.

Other support options such as Helping Hand, Healing Wish, Safeguard, Skill Swap, and Stealth Rocks can be used depending on team to patch up team matchups against opposing threats or to provide extra support.

Weather setting moves such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day can help a team’s poor matchup against sun and rain teams, respectively, though it should be noted that a fast Jirachi spread should be used if using Rain Dance to outspeed opposing Charizard Y to set Rain before a Heat Wave.

Trick Room can be used as an alternative speed control option, counteracting tailwind and checking opposing Trick Room teams, but can be awkward to use if the opponent also has slow threats.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Dark-, Fire-, Ground-, and Ghost-type Pokemon - ie Bisharp, Talonflame, Landorus-Therian, and Aegislash - threaten to deal significant portions of Jirachi’s health with their super-effective STABs.

**Speed**: Threats faster than Jirachi, such as Keldeo and Talonflame, cannot be flinched by Jirachi unless Jirachi has the benefit of prior speed control.

**Utility Moves**: Taunt neuters Jirachi’s supportive capabalities, leaving it only able to fish for flinches or use Icy Wind.

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
mercy rule only because qsns vouched for you. you got about 5 hours to get a skeleton done from this post.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also for the record: "a powerful momentum grab" is not a thing, so i'll spare you the time and suggest not adding it this time

for the whole analysis:
momentum by sacking is something i really feel uncomfortable putting in an analysis. without explaining it properly (not the place in a jirachi analysis) it rlly doesnt make sense as you can get momentum from sacking a magikarp or whatever. talked it over with the qc mafia and they agree that the whole momentum thing should be removed from the entire analysis.

Overview:
  • Say Rachi can redirect Grass moves well unlike users of Rage Powder like amoong and remove the specific mention of spore. Jirachi doesn't have an inherent ability to redirect spores well without goggles and not every jirachi ever is using goggles.
Set:
  • Slash Sitrus behind Goggles. I know you don't like it but its the second best item and not having it on the main set is criminal.
  • Slash Helping Hand behind Protect
Moves:
  • Add stuff for HH
  • Don't say Icy Wind is generally better, it's implied bc you slashed it behind. don't go too deep into the bad things about it because its still on the main set
Set Details:
  • you didn't explain the item choices so do that
  • remove your spreads, more speed really isnt good on rachi
  • mention that with goggles, outspeeding breloom is less necessary and you can drop the speed down to 240
Usage Tips:
  • Remove Taunt mention as you already have it in checks and counters
  • Speed control + iron head flinches is good
  • Don't say "dont have 2 support mons out at a time", explain why having passive shit out is bad
Team Options:
  • dstorm isnt a set up move, elaborate on the partners for each of the moves
  • talonflame doesnt sweep teams if they have a check to it, i know this may go against your personal experience
OO:
  • explain the moves please
  • add scarf, i mean its ok i guess
Checks And Counters:
  • Give examples and seperate out each type within the tag
  • remove speed because jirachi can control speed -_-----

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
elaborate plz on:

sitrus:

fuck no I don't want to put this in. Why is sitrus going to be main slash? If anything I'd put shuca
HH is garbage? why would I use this

>more speed isnt good on rachi

it is. Flinches are valuable, Stratos has conceded that really fast sets are good (thought he said he personally wouldn't use them) in conversation before

> i know this may go against your personal experience
k if you don't want me to be a rude asshole don't be one back?

Speed is definitely still relevant. Just becuase I have speed control doesn't mean I won't get bopped by talon

going to implement the rest

also I'm going to find a better phrasing for momentum sacks.

sitrus is always valuable on redirectors, the burst of 25% health is crucial in taking 2 somewhat strong hits in a turn. resist berries are much more specific and situational and sometimes provide about the same amount of health as sitrus would, if only a bit more.

could you explain why HH is bad? a power boost for your more offensive partner is quite good, especially on something as passive as rachi can be.

flinches are valuable but so is more bulk, the latter being much more relevant when redirecting hits. this can be put in OO if you want to but you are the only person i've seen use this. i'll take your word on it that it's OO worthy but not more than that.

take a joke dude, ill edit it out of my check if you edit "qc is too lazy to check this" or whatever out of your hide tag

in your speed tag, you say flinches are the main reason speed is important in specific matchups. it's much less important when a lot of the time, rachi is going to be using a priority move to redirect stuff. speed as a tag is a lot more relevant on things that can't take a hit, such as keldeo or deoxys-a. talon would go under typing advantage anyways

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Literally the people who use helping hand on their Jirachi: shaian Stratos qsns me

qsns put it there for a reason, because he confirmed with all of us.

One of the beauties of Jirachi is the fact that its able to Redirect, Provide Speed Control, and boost its partners offenses. (Other example is Helping Hand togekiss but I rarely see that)

I use helping hand on my gardevoir team to boost the destructive power of hyper voice. There is often times after I icy wind, where its just better to helping hand and hammer away at the opponent with Hyper Voice rather than redirect to help gardevoir

shaian

you love to see it
to elaborate on qsns

sitrus: any healing on a follow me user is valuable, the 25% provided by sitrus can, and often will, allow jirachi to provide redirection or speed control support for another turn

helping hand: 50% damage boost to allies can be valuable af, especially in late-game situations where you might not get as much value from redirection. it also can be handy to get surprise ko's (for example, a +0 lo talonflame always ohkos standard landorus-t with a hh boost)

why the alternative spreads are going to be removed: because the purpose of an analysis is to provide the most general, commonly used sets for pokemon. there is a place for faster jirachi sets, but its not common enough or used enough to warrant a mention on the main set. if you were to put them in to OO that's fine, and i think qc would likely be okay with it, but set details is another thing entirely

on why speed isnt in checks and counters: because they don't stop jirachi from doing its job. jirachis main job is not to get flinches, its main job is to support its team through redirection and speed control. checks and counters is for things which stop it, or heavily detract from, a pokemons main role on the team.

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
sitrus is always valuable on redirectors, the burst of 25% health is crucial in taking 2 somewhat strong hits in a turn. resist berries are much more specific and situational and sometimes provide about the same amount of health as sitrus would, if only a bit more.

could you explain why HH is bad? a power boost for your more offensive partner is quite good, especially on something as passive as rachi can be.

flinches are valuable but so is more bulk, the latter being much more relevant when redirecting hits. this can be put in OO if you want to but you are the only person i've seen use this. i'll take your word on it that it's OO worthy but not more than that.

take a joke dude, ill edit it out of my check if you edit "qc is too lazy to check this" or whatever out of your hide tag

in your speed tag, you say flinches are the main reason speed is important in specific matchups. it's much less important when a lot of the time, rachi is going to be using a priority move to redirect stuff. speed as a tag is a lot more relevant on things that can't take a hit, such as keldeo or deoxys-a. talon would go under typing advantage anyways
hh is oo worthy not main set worthy. Usage not very high + is niche. I don't like HH in general except politoed so you'll have to elaborate more then

sitrus is bad bc goggles redirect is so much better. Only reason sitrus toge is more popular is bc air slashes make amoonguss mu really good so you don't need it. Also Togekiss is more susceptible to common 2hkos.

fast speeds are good, still going to fight you on this, im not the only one who has done this

haha ok that joke was good doesn't mean I can't be salty w/e sry i lashed just pissed that people tell me to stfu and listen then try to give me shit

speed is hugely relevant this is doubles not seeing this at all. If I could outspeed talon with iron head talon vs jirachi mu would be so much easier. Also a defining difference between mus against something like heatran and mus against something like charizard. I can flinch heatran. I can't flinch zard y

another contention I forgot for faster spread that I forgot: you get to outspeed -1 landots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)