1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Jirachi [4F]*

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by Flashstorm1, Aug 29, 2009.

1. MythTrainerInfinity

MythTrainerInfinity

I've been using the Physical Jirachi as a Lead to much success ever since Platinum came out. It functions well as an excellent anti-lead that can Trick or punish many leads for setting up Rocks too early. Ex. Metagross sets up Rocks and is forced to switch out. It fears a Fire Punch so the opponent will sometimes go to a Dragon, which is easily Ice Punchable.

(Also in the lead set "attack" is spelled wrong.)
  2. Flashstorm1

Flashstorm1
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Update 9/19/09: Addition of team options for "Wish Support" and "Dual Screener" along with the Team Options section

I can say I'm finally done with the write-up portion of the analysis. For now, I would appreciate it if someone looked over the analysis and either confirmed or denied the information posted in the team options part of each analysis along with the section as well. I also ask that everyone refrains from proofreading until I take a look over this and take out unnecessary portions of the analysis written by those before me.

Additionally, I'd still appreciate more responses in regards to the Special Choice set. I have refrained from writing team options for that set because I will most likely remove it from the analysis unless anyone has any objections.
  3. Zach

Zach

Agreeing with removal of the specs set. It's walled to easily and is largely inferior to the CM set. Though you could argue that you can trick specs to Blissey, she is set up bait for CM Rachi anyway.

On the CM Rachi set
    minor nitpick
  4. Flashstorm1

Flashstorm1

Colonel_M has approved the length of this set for the time being, so I'd definitely like some help in fixing some grammatical errors in this post. If you have any suggestions for making any part of the analysis more concise, please feel free to post them.

Some current concerns with this set is whether Wish should deserve a mention on the "Calm Mind + Substitute" set in the set comments and some feedback on the bolded part under the "Physical Choice" set.

Thanks for everyone's patience and support! I'm hoping to finally get this analysis done within the week.
  5. DCJ

DCJ

You aren't being consistent on the common assumptions of Jirachi's offensive spectrum. Please decide between physical or special.
    ** Heatran can pack Explosion and some LO/Substitute Heatran can beat Latias with a strong Dragon Pulse 2HKO. Please take note of this, I believe it deserves mention.
    *** The relevancy of these sentences is questionable. Stealth Rock is almost considered as an essential to offensive 'mons, and I'd rather you just touch on the subject of Stealth Rock and then move on. A more concise version of these two sentences would be much more acceptable, but this is just a collected opinion from IRC. I'll let you decide if common sense / assumptions on the current metagame affect this bit.

Note: You commonly used "which" instead of "who" when referring to other Pokemon. This thread states that Pokemon are referred to as "people" and not "things." Try and get used to this preference. Also, depending on Gamefreak's given gender, use of "his" needs to be checked. Jirachi is a genderless Pokemon, but you used the pronoun "his" on several accounts throughout this analysis. Try and get used to this preference as well.

Feel free to ask me to do more grammar checks in IRC if I'm available / have time. Good luck and great job on the analysis, Flashstorm1!
  6. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

If you can Flashstorm get these up ASAP (the grammar stuff) and I'll upload it.
  7. Flashstorm1

Flashstorm1

From my last update, I've gone ahead and implemented DCJ's edit.

I plan on going over the analysis again myself and check for additional errors unless someone else would like to volunteer. In any case, I expect the analysis will be ready to be uploaded onto the site by tonight.
  8. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Flashstorm says this is okay so I'm going to take his word for it. Added and moving to Archives.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)