1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Jirachi [Doom Desire] (QC: 0/3)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Cygnis, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Cygnis

Cygnis

BEFORE READING: This is the only time where I will have 3 threads so please don't get angry

[​IMG]

name: Doom Desire
    move 1: Doom Desire
    move 2: Thunderbolt / Thunder
    move 3: Psyshock / Psychic
    move 4: Iron Head / U-turn
    item: Choice Specs
    ability: Serene Grace
    nature: Rash
    evs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

• Abuses Jirachi's signature move and causes massive damage to even resist
    • Thunderbolt provides a way to hit flying and water-types hard
    • Choice Specs gives massive power
    • Psyshock provides secondary STAB while Psychic is useful for the extra power, note it doesn't hit Blissey and Sand Terrakion as hard
    • Iron Head provides flinch chance and is nice while u-turn helps gain momentum
    [ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• 196 spe evs lets it outspeed up to base 80s
    • Can tank outrages well too
    • note that being locked into dooms d is bad so it involves an instant switch
    • Jirachi has plenty amounts of time to wreck havoc as well making it viable
    • Thunder is used on rain-teams and has a 60% chance to cause paralysis with serene grace which is a major pro
    • rash nature is better but a mild nature can be used if jirachi doesn't need to tank outrages and can have a better time tanking draco meteors and other moves
    • i really need to find teammates for this thing help any1?
  2. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn the hidden heart of the ocean
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

doom desire has never been good. it was decent on cbrachi in adv and that's it. like if you really want me to i can go test the proposed set out for a little bit but you're going to have a super hard time convincing me and (hopefully) the rest of ou qc on this. i understand jirachi can run just about anything, but are we really going to do an analysis for this?
  3. Cygnis

Cygnis

eh, good point, remove this pile of crap
  4. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

While I disagree with Lavos somewhat, in that Specs Doom Desire Jirachi was OK in gen 4, I agree with him that it's terrible now. A critical change in mechanics means that stuff resists doom desire now - it's extremely easy to switch in a resist (possibly 4x resist) or appropriate death fodder when you can see the move coming 2 turns in advance!

Also, not that I see this being approved, but why on earth are you using specs iron head? Surely you should be using Trick or something instead?
  5. Cygnis

Cygnis

lol, ok QC wins i lose, remove this crap
  6. Magcargo 2

Magcargo 2 Trickster with the sweet specs
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Doom desire is not a good move. Steel is a subpar attacking type and doom desire can easily be avoided. Flash cannon is a more reliable option and that sucks itself. Not only that, but jirachi isn't meant to be an attacker, but rather a special wall.
  7. Cygnis

Cygnis

Actually Jirachi is meant to be both, but yea yea yea i get the point move this to L&O someone
  8. yee

yee
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Just gonna throw in that I tested Doom Desire a bit in BW1 and it had a little upside, although I remember the PP being a killing factor. Remember that it has 140 BP and slams Tyranitar for a Latias or something. I could see it being an other options move on Wish CM.

I also need to say if you have that little confidence in this set, don't post it. If it takes one response to convince you that it's a pile of crap at least ask one other person about it first.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)