Joimmons [OM no longer in development]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alternatively, you could make Blistering Cold exclusive to Delibird.

Tails, I don't think Magic Guard would make Delibird the best Rapid Spin user - it still has terrible stats and a poor defensive typing.

You are right, Tailwind could use a boost for singles, maybe lasting a turn more...
You could make it similar to Weathers and TR, in that it lasts for 5 turns AFTER use, not the 4 turns INCLUDING the turn it is used.

Also, you could look into things like Perma-TR, or just items similar to Heat Rock and Damp Rock, but for TR. Mossy Rock maybe? (Slow moving implied)

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
I don't really like this mod in its current state.
The type chart changes make no sense, flavor logic is thrown out of the window (Storm Drain Mewtwo? Really?), the new moves are stupidly OP and/or luck-based, the "all dragons get fire STAB because dragons breath fire" is something that makes no sense whatsoever either (most dragon types in pokemon are based on oriental dragons, who have nothing to do with fire) and I don't see why you should punish certain pokemon because you got tired of them (read: Defeatist Ninetales).

There are many cool ideas but you really overdid with the changes so I'd suggest to tone them down.
Just my two cents.

Actually, since this mod as well as GenNext and DuskMod are very possible candidates for the next metagames of the month, I'd suggest to choose a specific goal and make sure each mod ends up not being too similiar to the others.
GenNext is based on plausible changes the current pokemon might get in the next generation while DuskMod originally aimed to remove luck-based elements such as freeze and crits (not sure if it's still the case).
So, what about this?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alternatively, you could make Blistering Cold exclusive to Delibird.

Tails, I don't think Magic Guard would make Delibird the best Rapid Spin user - it still has terrible stats and a poor defensive typing.
Oh - Imagine Delibird with that attack, Magic Guard, and better stats. This is awesome, thanks for the idea, Arcticblast!

You could make it similar to Weathers and TR, in that it lasts for 5 turns AFTER use, not the 4 turns INCLUDING the turn it is used.

Also, you could look into things like Perma-TR, or just items similar to Heat Rock and Damp Rock, but for TR. Mossy Rock maybe? (Slow moving implied)
That's probably what I should do, auto-TR might be slightly OP.

I don't really like this mod in its current state.
The type chart changes make no sense, flavor logic is thrown out of the window (Storm Drain Mewtwo? Really?), the new moves are stupidly OP and/or luck-based, the "all dragons get fire STAB because dragons breath fire" is something that makes no sense whatsoever either (most dragon types in pokemon are based on oriental dragons, who have nothing to do with fire) and I don't see why you should punish certain pokemon because you got tired of them (read: Defeatist Ninetales).

There are many cool ideas but you really overdid with the changes so I'd suggest to tone them down.
Just my two cents.

Actually, since this mod as well as GenNext and DuskMod are very possible candidates for the next metagames of the month, I'd suggest to choose a specific goal and make sure each mod ends up not being too similiar to the others.
GenNext is based on plausible changes the current pokemon might get in the next generation while DuskMod originally aimed to remove luck-based elements such as freeze and crits (not sure if it's still the case).
So, what about this?
Ninetales still has access to Flash Fire, the main point was to leave it without Drought and that ability is just a joke. I will give Ninetales new tools when the time is due.

This metagame's attempt is to have the most different and fun metagame possible, like a Pokemon game revisited. I intend it to be as different from the current meta as possible.

Positive things first, I like that Delibird idea.

I suggest making Levitate innate, so you can give the Levitators additional abilities, as well as add Levitate to more Pokémon since it does not interfere with the current abilities of that Pokémon anymore (most notably, the Magnezone-line, but Glalie, and Munna/Musharna as well as a few other Psychic-types).

Also, how can Dragons resist Bugs because of size difference? Scolipede shits at that argument, being bigger than any non-legendary Dragon (and most other bugs aren't that small either). And even from a smaller Bug, for example, Beedrill, an attack would still hurt a dragon. Ever seen that stingers? They are about as large as a sword or pike. Even if you are a Dragon, that will hurt, especially since none of the Dragons in Pokémon is really big.

I do agree the fire STAB on Dragons does not make sense. Most dragons that are supposed to breathe fire because they can breathe highly inflammable toxins that catch fire once released in the air, but certainly not all dragons are capable of doing this. In fact, only the dragons styled after European myths can, and guess what? There is no Pokémon styled after an European dragon.

Salamence is, but only in its final form. Bagon and Shellgon have nothing to do with European dragons, so I assumed Salamence was based on a myth.

Dragonite is based on a variety of dragons, both European and Asian and blended up. Not a true European dragon, which are all quadrupedal.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Please please please can camerupt get a buff. It's a camel with a fecking volcano on it's back. If i'm honest, i can't think of a more boss concept which is as disappointing as camerupt in all of pokemon.
Cheers

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This line of thought is the reason we had a sticky topic about pet mods.
Your post is not really constructive. I'm getting tired of unconstructive posts on this thread. If you have nothing to comment on the current meta play or constructive criticism on how you would improve the meta, I'd prefer that you don't post at all.

Buff up Regirock

Hi there
Like the concept of Joimmons
Please buff up the Regis so that they can claim their legendary status once more
I would suggest making the HP 165 so that it is almost impossible to take down and giving it a new attack(along with the rest of the regis): Golem March
BP: 130
Type: Ground
Accuracy: 85
Side-effect: 40% chance to confuse
That will make the regis legends once more

Hi there
Like the concept of Joimmons
Please buff up the Regis so that they can claim their legendary status once more
I would suggest making the HP 165 so that it is almost impossible to take down and giving it a new attack(along with the rest of the regis): Golem March
BP: 130
Type: Ground
Accuracy: 85
Side-effect: 40% chance to confuse
That will make the regis legends once more
Yea, this is a very good idea, please do it. Also, this really should be OM of the month someday.

Joim

Pixels matter
Recent changes on my server after next restart:

• Trickster is gone. I'm making one of the weather items to make TR last for 8 turns instead of 5, but that's all.
  • Arcanine can no longer have Morning Sun if he has the ability Drought, as I've made Arcanine male-only in DW.
  • Ferrothorn has Heatproof finally since it has now more weaknesses.

Metagame expansion?

I think it could be interesting to add in the CAP pokemon just to add another aspect to the metagame i dont know how different this would make the metagame but i belive it could be interesting to try and wonder if anyone else feels the same

Here is something that is something that I find only makes sense: Make Grass weak to electric. Let's face it, it only makes sense in real life when you consider when lightning strikes a tree it is immediately on fire so why the hell does it resist?

Maybe you could give Delibird not a boost as big as Magic Guard, but maybe an ability to make it avoid Stealth Rocks, and half rock type moves, maybe in the name of Solid Rock, which could half the damage done by SR.

Just an Idea

Also, it doesn't have crappy stats with the +20 NU Tier Shift Boosts. They're not great, but manageable.

Also, if you wanted to make Flareon better because *cough* it sucks *cough* you could give it Flare Boost, and make it activate when the sun's out. You could also make Toxic Boost activate in the Toxic Rain, making Zangoose more viable.

Your post is not really constructive. I'm getting tired of unconstructive posts on this thread. If you have nothing to comment on the current meta play or constructive criticism on how you would improve the meta, I'd prefer that you don't post at all.
So any sort of criticism you don't like = unconstructive?

An arbitrary, flavorless justification for Dragon Pokemon being European ridiculous when one already exists in the game.

What he's saying is, screw balance. Balance is not fun, and he wants to have fun. I get his point that this is his metagame - if you don't like it, go find one you do like. I personally hate Joimmons (no offense Joim, just my opinion) because of the lack of balance, but he has every right to make the metagame however he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)