UU Jolteon

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: dodmen / IronBullet93 / King UU
GP: The Dutch Plumberjack / P Squared

Overview
########

Jolteon is the glass cannon that once roamed the tier above UU but has now made its home in the tier below it. Raikou's departure to OU failed to give Jolteon a chance to shine, as its frailty makes it unable to fill the gap Raikou left. Its amazing Speed stat, however, gives it a saving grace. It also has decent Special Attack, allowing it to function well as a special attacker within the tier. Unfortunately for Jolteon, the rise of Heliolisk gives it very stiff competition. Jolteon lacks the coverage moves Heliolisk thrives on as well as the Water-type immunity Heliolisk gains via Dry Skin, which Jolteon barely makes up for with its Electric-type immunity from Volt Absorb.

All-Out Attacking
########
name: All-Out Attacking
move 1: Volt Switch
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
move 4: Shadow Ball / Signal Beam
ability: Volt Absorb
item: Choice Specs / Life Orb
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Volt Switch allows Jolteon to gain momentum by having switch initiative against the various special walls that tend to switch into Jolteon, while also gaining a STAB boost. Thunderbolt is used for a stronger STAB move that hits harder than Volt Switch and allows Jolteon to serve as a better Suicune check. Hidden Power Ice gives Jolteon near-perfect neutral coverage. Hidden Power Grass, on the other hand, allows Jolteon to hit Swampert, Seismitoad, and Rhyperior hard due to their quadruple weakness to Grass-type attacks. Shadow Ball gives Jolteon neutral coverage against Rotom-H as well as super effective coverage against Chandelure and Reuniclus, among others. Meanwhile, Signal Beam allows Jolteon to hit Dark-types for super effective damage as well as Grass-types harder than Hidden Power Ice does.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs maximizes Jolteon's Special Attack, making it a deadly late-game sweeper. A Life Orb doesn't give as big of a boost as Choice Specs does but allows Jolteon to switch up moves. The Speed and Special Attack EVs are maximized to ensure Jolteon has an easier time doing its job. A Timid nature is used to make full use of Jolteon's amazing Speed.

Usage Tips
========

Jolteon is best used as a late-game sweeper and revenge killer. It should be sent in against frail Pokemon that it outspeeds, such as Alakazam and Cloyster, and either KO them or gain momentum with Volt Switch. Jolteon should also try to prevent Volt Switch users from gaining momentum by switching into a predicted Volt Switch.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard support is imperative to an effective Jolteon sweep, making entry hazard setters such as Nidoqueen and Roserade good partners. VoltTurn partners are highly appreciated for their ability to form VoltTurn cores with Jolteon; examples include Hydreigon and Cobalion, among others. Forretress gets a special mention for its ability to do both roles previously mentioned as good Jolteon partners. Sweepers and wallbreakers make amazing partners to each other. In light of this, wallbreakers such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Kyurem make great Jolteon teammates. Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise, make for good teammates as well, as they are able to take on a majority of the Ground-types that Jolteon struggles with.

Other Options
########

Jolteon could potentially run a decent Substitute + Petaya Berry set, but it is usually better off just going with the standard set holding a Life Orb. Jolteon has access to Baton Pass. Unfortunately, though, Jolteon's only notable boosting moves are Curse and Work Up, both of which aren't too good on Jolteon. Jolteon has access to a plethora of support moves ranging from Wish to Thunder Wave, but despite this, it is unable to successfully utilize a successful support set, as it's far too frail. Jolteon could also hold a Choice Scarf to make it the fastest user of the item in the tier, but then it loses out on the power boost from Life Orb or Choice Specs.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-types can only be taken out depending on which Hidden Power Jolteon decides to use, and if Jolteon doesn't OHKO the Ground-type with said Hidden Power, Jolteon is OHKOed in return by a super effective STAB move. Hippowdon deserves a special mention for being able to take any Choice Specs-boosted Hidden Power from Jolteon easily if it is running a specially defensive spread.

**Special Walls**: Special walls such as Blissey and Florges easily take anything Jolteon can throw at them and retaliate.

**Choice Scarf Users**: Pokemon that commonly hold a Choice Scarf, such as Mienshao and Hydreigon, easily outspeed Jolteon and OHKO with a STAB move.

**Priority**: Priority moves, such as Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch, easily KO Jolteon due to its low Defense stat.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types—Shaymin and Tangrowth to name a few—resist Jolteon's STAB moves and can usually take at least one Signal Beam or Hidden Power Ice and retaliate with a powerful Grass-type STAB move.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
in oo mention 1-2 things about what separates it from helio(faster, idk what else cos i dont play uu)
LO slash imo is legit
  • Choice Specs allows Jolteon to make full use of its Special Attack by boosting it by 1.5x
no need of the bolded part, this is obvious. just say that it hits hard, and for LO mention the freedom of moves over comparative loss in power.
maybe a mention of discharge, the 30% para chance is handy imo

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
in oo mention 1-2 things about what separates it from helio(faster, idk what else cos i dont play uu)
LO slash imo is legit

no need of the bolded part, this is obvious. just say that it hits hard, and for LO mention the freedom of moves over comparative loss in power.
maybe a mention of discharge, the 30% para chance is handy imo
I'll probably mention the differences between Heliolisk and Jolteon in the write up. I added LO in OO since the main set is Choice Specs so having LO as a slash makes no sense, not to mention Jolteon needs as much power as it can get honestly and it isn't like Heliolisk where LO is better than Specs since Jolteon doesn't have the immense coverage moves. Even if it is obvious, I feel like the bolded part should still be there. Thanks for the comments though, appreciate it.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
js but the bolded part is a fact, like something that the player can find out for themselves.
This post in the ubers section explains why facts like these are not required in an analysis. Rather than explaining what everything does, you should focus on why it's being used. idk about LO, could be my inexperience in the meta so i wont say anything about it.

Kreme

js but the bolded part is a fact, like something that the player can find out for themselves.
This post in the ubers section explains why facts like these are not required in an analysis. Rather than explaining what everything does, you should focus on why it's being used. idk about LO, could be my inexperience in the meta so i wont say anything about it.
Ok fair enough, so I just removed the bold section since the other part says all it needs to about why Jolteon is using it tbh.

Life Orb should be slashed with Choice Specs since sometimes the ability to switch up moves is preferable over the increase in power. The set could be called All-Out Attacking or something like that. Signal Beam can be slashed with Shadow Ball as it's a good coverage move with HP Grass that lets it get a decent hit on some Grass-types like Abomasnow and Rotom-C as well as a stronger hit on Krookodile and Hydreigon.

For Checks and Counters, Hippowdon should be expanded to bulky Ground-types, especially since it's extremely dependent on the Hidden Power Jolteon is running (eg Swampert walls HP Ice, Nidoqueen deals with HP Grass). And if Jolteon fails to KO a Ground-type with Hidden Power then that's bad cause any EQ will take it out.

Also Team Options should be expanded in the same way that I talked about before - state why that team option is a good choice for Jolteon.

Kreme

Life Orb should be slashed with Choice Specs since sometimes the ability to switch up moves is preferable over the increase in power. The set could be called All-Out Attacking or something like that. Signal Beam can be slashed with Shadow Ball as it's a good coverage move with HP Grass that lets it get a decent hit on some Grass-types like Abomasnow and Rotom-C as well as a stronger hit on Krookodile and Hydreigon.

For Checks and Counters, Hippowdon should be expanded to bulky Ground-types, especially since it's extremely dependent on the Hidden Power Jolteon is running (eg Swampert walls HP Ice, Nidoqueen deals with HP Grass). And if Jolteon fails to KO a Ground-type with Hidden Power then that's bad cause any EQ will take it out.

Also Team Options should be expanded in the same way that I talked about before - state why that team option is a good choice for Jolteon.
All of these changes are implemented.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
  • As you're slashing Life Orb on the set be sure to remove it from OO.
  • Specially Defensive Hippowdon is not even 2HKOed by Choice Specs Hidden Power, so be sure to mention that under Ground-types in C&C.
  • Under the "Moves" section, mention that HP Grass is only specifically used to gain 4x super-effective coverage against Swampert, Rhyperior, and Seismitoad who are the only relevant threats in UU. All other UU Ground-types are hit by HP Ice.
  • Mention that Shadow Ball provides a neutral hit against Rotom-H who resists all of Jolteon's other moves.
Implement the above, and it's QC 2/3

Kreme

• As you're slashing Life Orb on the set be sure to remove it from OO.
  • Specially Defensive Hippowdon is not even 2HKOed by Choice Specs Hidden Power, so be sure to mention that under Ground-types in C&C.
  • Under the "Moves" section, mention that HP Grass is only specifically used to gain 4x super-effective coverage against Swampert, Rhyperior, and Seismitoad who are the only relevant threats in UU. All other UU Ground-types are hit by HP Ice.
  • Mention that Shadow Ball provides a neutral hit against Rotom-H who resists all of Jolteon's other moves.
Implement the above, and it's QC 2/3
All of these have been implemented, beginning the write-up now.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  1. "Unfortunately for Jolteon, the rise of Heliolisk gives it very stiff competition." there is no risk, it's the fact that Heliolisk outshines Jolteon in movepool, so specifically mention that.
  2. You absolutely need to mention Scarf in OO
  3. Jolteon also loses to almost every Grass Type in the tier, so I guess you can mention that in Checks
after that, 3/3 assuming IronBullet93 and/or Ernesto agree(s)

Kreme

1. "Unfortunately for Jolteon, the rise of Heliolisk gives it very stiff competition." there is no risk, it's the fact that Heliolisk outshines Jolteon in movepool, so specifically mention that.
  2. You absolutely need to mention Scarf in OO
  3. Jolteon also loses to almost every Grass Type in the tier, so I guess you can mention that in Checks
after that, 3/3 assuming IronBullet93 and/or Ernesto agree(s)
Regarding the first point, don't I mention that in the following sentence? Also I don't get the "there is no risk" part, so if you could explain that it'd be much appreciated. I'll be implementing both of the last points in the analysis now though.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Kink I think the Heliolisk competition part is fine as it is, no need to change that. Agree with Scarf it's worth a mention at least. And yeah mention Grass-types in checks but also say that they need to watch out for Specs/LO HP Ice.

Kreme

OK so I implemented all that, but just wondering, how do Sub QC members work?

Edit: Also, do I count that as a QC check or not? I'm confused >~>

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so I implemented all that, but just wondering, how do Sub QC members work?

Edit: Also, do I count that as a QC check or not? I'm confused >~>
Unless otherwise stated by ib or Ernie, count it as a check. 3/3

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
Overview
########

Jolteon is the glass cannon that once roamed the tier above UU but has now lavished made its home (lavish = 'to expend or bestow with profusion', which you can't possibly mean here; feel free to replace it with a different word if you so prefer) in the tier below it. Raikou's departure recently moving up to OU gave failed to give Jolteon a chance to shine, or so it thought. Jolteon is a very frail Pokemon, making as its frailty makes (I'm struggling a bit with this one; it's too 'written for the moment' - this analysis is obviously supposed to remain on-site for some time, and in a couple of months it isn't gonna be 'Raikou recently moving up to OU' anymore - and it's a bit too informal, specifically the 'or so it thought' part) it unable to fill the gap Raikou left. It's Its amazing Speed stat, however, gave it a saving grace. It also has decent Special Attack, allowing it to function well as a special attacker within the tier. Unfortunately for Jolteon, the rise of Heliolisk gives it very stiff competition. Jolteon lacks the coverage moves Heliolisk thrives on (RC) as well as lacks the Water-type immunity Heliolisk gains via Dry Skin, (comma) which Jolteon barely makes up for it by having with its Electric-type immunity from Volt Absorb, giving Jolteon an Electric-type immunity.

All-Out Attacking
########

Moves
========

Volt Switch allows Jolteon to gain momentum by having switch initiative against the various special walls that tend to switch into Jolteon, it is also a STAB move while also gaining a STAB boost. Thunderbolt is used for a stronger STAB move that hits harder than Volt Switch and allows Jolteon to serve as a better Suicune check. Hidden Power Ice gives Jolteon near-perfect neutral coverage. Hidden Power Grass, on the other hand, allows Jolteon to hit Swampert, Seismitoad, (AC) and Rhyperior hard as all three of them have adue to their quadruple weakness to Grass-type attacks. Shadow Ball allows Jolteon neutral coverage against Rotom-H (RC) as well as super effective coverage against Chandelure and Reuniclus, (AC) among others. Meanwhile, Signal Beam allows Jolteon to hit Dark-types for super effective damage as well as Grass-types stronger harder than Hidden Power Ice does.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs maximizes Jolteon's Special Attack, making it a deadly late-game sweeper. A Life Orb doesn't give as big of a boost as Choice Specs but allows Jolteon to switch up moves. The Speed and Special Attack EVs are maximized to ensure Jolteon has an easier time doing its job. A Timid nature is used to make full use of Jolteon's amazing Speed.

Usage Tips
========

Jolteon is best used as a late-game sweeper and revenge killer. It should be sent in against frail Pokemon that it outspeeds, such as Alakazam and Cloyster, and either KO them or gain momentum with Volt Switch. Jolteon should also try to prevent Volt Switch users from gaining momentum by switching into a predicted Volt Switch.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard support is quintessential imperative (quintessential = ultimate, e.g. 'the quintessential hard rock album'; it looks as though you're using fancy words for the sake of using fancy words at times, which generally isn't a good idea :\ ) to an effective Jolteon sweep, making entry hazard setters such as Nidoqueen and Roserade good partners. VoltTurn partners are highly sought after as they can appreciated for their ability to form VoltTurn cores with Jolteon; (SC) these Pokemon consist of examples include Hydreigon and Cobalion, (AC) among others. Forretress gets a special mention for being able its ability to do all three roles previously mentioned as good Jolteon partners. Sweepers and wallbreakers make amazing partners to each other. In light of this, wallbreakers such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Kyurem make great Jolteon teammates. Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise, make for good teammates as well, as they are able to take on a majority of the Ground-types that Jolteon struggles with.

Other Options
########

Jolteon could potentially run a decent Substitute and Petaya Berry set, but it is usually better off just going with the standard set holding a Life Orb. Jolteon has access to Baton Pass. Unfortunately, (AC) though, Jolteon's only notable boosting moves are Curse and Work Up, both of which aren't too good on Jolteon. Jolteon gets has access to a plethora of support moves ranging from Wish to Thunder Wave; (SC) despite this, it is unable to successfully utilize a successful support set, (AC) as it's far too frail. Jolteon could also hold a Choice Scarf to make it the fastest user of the item in the tier, (AC) but then it loses out on the power gained by using boost from Life Orb or Choice Specs.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-types can only be taken out depending on which Hidden Power Jolteon decides to use, and if Jolteon doesn't OHKO the Ground-type with said Hidden Power, Jolteon is OHKOed in return by a super effective STAB move. Hippowdon deserves a special mention for being able to take any Choice Specs-boosted (add hyphen) Hidden Power from Jolteon easily if it is running a specially defensive spread.

**Special Walls**: Special walls such as Blissey and Florges easily take anything Jolteon can throw at them and retaliate.

**Choice Scarf Users**: Pokemon that commonly hold a Choice Scarf, such as Mienshao and Hydreigon, easily outspeed Jolteon and OHKO with a STAB move.

**Priority**: Priority moves, such as Extreme Speed (add space) and Sucker Punch, easily KO Jolteon due to its low Defense stat.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types, Shaymin and Tangrwroth Tangrowth to name a few, resist Jolteon's STAB moves and can usually take at least one Signal Beam or HP Ice and retaliate with a powerful Grass-type STAB move.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hmm, let me know about Team Options and then I'll stamp this
add remove comment
Overview
########

Jolteon is the glass cannon that once roamed the tier above UU but has now made its home in the tier below it. Raikou's departure to OU failed to give Jolteon a chance to shine, as its frailty makes it unable to fill the gap Raikou left. Its amazing Speed stat, however, gave (I feel like this should be "gives"? but up to you) it a saving grace. It also has decent Special Attack, allowing it to function well as a special attacker within the tier. Unfortunately for Jolteon, the rise of Heliolisk gives it very stiff competition. Jolteon lacks the coverage moves Heliolisk thrives on as well as the Water-type immunity Heliolisk gains via Dry Skin, which Jolteon barely makes up for with its Electric-type immunity from Volt Absorb.

All-Out Attacking
########

Moves
========

Volt Switch allows Jolteon to gain momentum by having switch initiative against the various special walls that tend to switch into Jolteon, while also gaining a STAB boost. Thunderbolt is used for a stronger STAB move that hits harder than Volt Switch and allows Jolteon to serve as a better Suicune check. Hidden Power Ice gives Jolteon near-perfect neutral coverage. Hidden Power Grass, on the other hand, allows Jolteon to hit Swampert, Seismitoad, and Rhyperior hard due to their quadruple weakness to Grass-type attacks. Shadow Ball allows gives Jolteon neutral coverage against Rotom-H as well as super effective coverage against Chandelure and Reuniclus, among others. Meanwhile, Signal Beam allows Jolteon to hit Dark-types for super effective damage as well as Grass-types harder than Hidden Power Ice does.

Set Details
========

Choice Specs maximizes Jolteon's Special Attack, making it a deadly late-game sweeper. A Life Orb doesn't give as big of a boost as Choice Specs does but allows Jolteon to switch up moves. The Speed and Special Attack EVs are maximized to ensure Jolteon has an easier time doing its job. A Timid nature is used to make full use of Jolteon's amazing Speed.

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Entry hazard support is imperative to an effective Jolteon sweep, making entry hazard setters such as Nidoqueen and Roserade good partners. VoltTurn partners are highly appreciated for their ability to form VoltTurn cores with Jolteon; examples include Hydreigon and Cobalion, among others. (implied by "include") Forretress gets a special mention for its ability to do all three roles previously mentioned as good Jolteon partners. (three? I'm guessing you mean entry hazard support and Volt Switch, but what's the other one?) Sweepers and wallbreakers make for amazing partners to each other. In light of this, wallbreakers such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Kyurem make for great Jolteon teammates. Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise, make for good teammates as well, as they are able to take on a majority of the Ground-types that Jolteon struggles with.

Other Options
########

Jolteon could potentially run a decent Substitute and + Petaya Berry set, but it is usually better off just going with the standard set holding a Life Orb. Jolteon has access to Baton Pass. Unfortunately, though, Jolteon's only notable boosting moves are Curse and Work Up, both of which aren't too good on Jolteon. Jolteon has access to a plethora of support moves ranging from Wish to Thunder Wave, but despite this, it is unable to successfully utilize a successful support set, as it's far too frail. Jolteon could also hold a Choice Scarf to make it the fastest user of the item in the tier, but then it loses out on the power boost from Life Orb or Choice Specs.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-types can only be taken out depending on which Hidden Power Jolteon decides to use, and if Jolteon doesn't OHKO the Ground-type with said Hidden Power, Jolteon is OHKOed in return by a super effective STAB move. Hippowdon deserves a special mention for being able to take any Choice Specs-boosted Hidden Power from Jolteon easily if it is running a specially defensive spread.

**Priority**: Priority moves, such as Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch, easily KO Jolteon due to its low Defense stat.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types,—Shaymin and Tangrowth to name a few,—resist Jolteon's STAB moves and can usually take at least one Signal Beam or Hidden Power Ice and retaliate with a powerful Grass-type STAB move. (I felt that the dashes worked better there?)

Kreme

hmm, let me know about Team Options and then I'll stamp this
add remove comment
Overview
########

Jolteon is the glass cannon that once roamed the tier above UU but has now made its home in the tier below it. Raikou's departure to OU failed to give Jolteon a chance to shine, as its frailty makes it unable to fill the gap Raikou left. Its amazing Speed stat, however, gave (I feel like this should be "gives"? but up to you) it a saving grace. It also has decent Special Attack, allowing it to function well as a special attacker within the tier. Unfortunately for Jolteon, the rise of Heliolisk gives it very stiff competition. Jolteon lacks the coverage moves Heliolisk thrives on as well as the Water-type immunity Heliolisk gains via Dry Skin, which Jolteon barely makes up for with its Electric-type immunity from Volt Absorb.

All-Out Attacking
########

Moves
========

Volt Switch allows Jolteon to gain momentum by having switch initiative against the various special walls that tend to switch into Jolteon, while also gaining a STAB boost. Thunderbolt is used for a stronger STAB move that hits harder than Volt Switch and allows Jolteon to serve as a better Suicune check. Hidden Power Ice gives Jolteon near-perfect neutral coverage. Hidden Power Grass, on the other hand, allows Jolteon to hit Swampert, Seismitoad, and Rhyperior hard due to their quadruple weakness to Grass-type attacks. Shadow Ball allows gives Jolteon neutral coverage against Rotom-H as well as super effective coverage against Chandelure and Reuniclus, among others. Meanwhile, Signal Beam allows Jolteon to hit Dark-types for super effective damage as well as Grass-types harder than Hidden Power Ice does.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Entry hazard support is imperative to an effective Jolteon sweep, making entry hazard setters such as Nidoqueen and Roserade good partners. VoltTurn partners are highly appreciated for their ability to form VoltTurn cores with Jolteon; examples include Hydreigon and Cobalion, among others. (implied by "include") Forretress gets a special mention for its ability to do all three roles previously mentioned as good Jolteon partners. (three? I'm guessing you mean entry hazard support and Volt Switch, but what's the other one?) Sweepers and wallbreakers make for amazing partners to each other. In light of this, wallbreakers such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Kyurem make for great Jolteon teammates. Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise, make for good teammates as well, as they are able to take on a majority of the Ground-types that Jolteon struggles with.

Other Options
########

Jolteon could potentially run a decent Substitute and + Petaya Berry set, but it is usually better off just going with the standard set holding a Life Orb. Jolteon has access to Baton Pass. Unfortunately, though, Jolteon's only notable boosting moves are Curse and Work Up, both of which aren't too good on Jolteon. Jolteon has access to a plethora of support moves ranging from Wish to Thunder Wave, but despite this, it is unable to successfully utilize a successful support set, as it's far too frail. Jolteon could also hold a Choice Scarf to make it the fastest user of the item in the tier, but then it loses out on the power boost from Life Orb or Choice Specs.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Grass-types,—Shaymin and Tangrowth to name a few,—resist Jolteon's STAB moves and can usually take at least one Signal Beam or Hidden Power Ice and retaliate with a powerful Grass-type STAB move. (I felt that the dashes worked better there?)
OK so I implemented everything and about the Team Options, I changed to from "all three" to "both", God knows what the hell I was thinking at that point lol. What do you mean at the end though? I'm not sure what "&mdash" is supposed to stand for sorry.

Kreme

it's the entity for an emdash! it should show up as that when uploaded.
So I just put "&mdash" in there?

Edit: So I looked it up, since I didn't know HTML lol and implemented it

Last edited:

Kreme

Ok so with that this should finally be ready to be uploaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)