1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Jujuomi's Crapshack... of Art?

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by jujuomi, Mar 27, 2010.

1. jujuomi

jujuomi

I used to come here often, and I still like pokemon as I used to, but time is getting in my way and I'm not on here very often (Not that I was very influential when I was here). But anyway, I love Sugimori and his artwork styling, and I thought Smogon could use Sugi-style help when it came to CAP pokemon. I plan on doing all of them, but most CAP pokemon seem to be drawn in different styles(sugimori pokemon tend to be simplistic and easy to replicate) so I if I do manage to draw all the current CAP pokemon, expect some changes in their designs. Well I have the first one down, Syclant, the Ice/Bug pokemon.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not as good as I would like, and certainly has a lot of flaws, but my defense, there aren't very good pictures of it in full body and I did do it in 3 hours, oh well. Its also not as Sugi-style as I'd like but thats what you get when you try to color quickly.
  2. RentANinja

RentANinja

This looks like it can be a second evolve form of like scyther. Trade a scyther holding an ice coat to evolve it into Syclant XD!
  3. Alan

Alan

Looks good, I love CAP art.

@ above post, its a pokemon from the CAP project here on somgon.
  4. RentANinja

RentANinja

Oh that's cool I wanna make a pokemon too XD I haven't drawn pokemon in a while could be fun to get back into it.
  5. jujuomi

jujuomi

I don't know the policy on bumping but I've completed the next two CAP pokemon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

you can bump an art thread as long as you have art, which you do.

i approve of this cap art !_!

actually, i may ask about putting some of this on the cap website... we'll see
  7. jujuomi

jujuomi

I would be more than willing to do CAP artwork for the website!I'm working on Fidgit and Stratagem as we speak.

EDIT: Looking back, Scylant was horrendously done and Pyroak isn't in the best position lol. I might redo those two.
  8. jujuomi

jujuomi

Not sure about double-posting this time :/ but here is Fidget

[​IMG]

God was this annoying, certainly something Sugimori wouldn't do( no CAP other than the last 3 would even come close :/). His designs are much more simple.

I've already inked and scanned stratagem, just have to color which can from 1-4 hours depending on the quality. So it'll probably be done tomorrow in the latest.

Anyway hope you all like.
  9. jujuomi

jujuomi

Triple post :/

[​IMG]

Once again more detail then I'd prefer, oh well. I'm really satisfied with the way it came out but I could have inked it much better. I used the color scheme from the original artwork instead of the sprite to stay closer to the original artist's interpretations. Same thing with the eye style.
  10. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

i like that stratagem a lot actually. fidgit is cool too but he's missing an arm :(
  11. jujuomi

jujuomi

My bad, I was just counting how much legs were sprouting. [​IMG]

I'll probably just add the leg later, but I'm a bit busy right now so I'll wait till later.
  12. QuimicVital

QuimicVital

Whoa, there's an error on Fidgit's original design. O_O
  13. jujuomi

jujuomi

Here is Arghonaut for you. I'll get around to redoing pyroak/scyclant again... Maybe if I had more encouragement, :).

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)