Jujuomi's Crapshack... of Art?

I used to come here often, and I still like pokemon as I used to, but time is getting in my way and I'm not on here very often (Not that I was very influential when I was here). But anyway, I love Sugimori and his artwork styling, and I thought Smogon could use Sugi-style help when it came to CAP pokemon. I plan on doing all of them, but most CAP pokemon seem to be drawn in different styles(sugimori pokemon tend to be simplistic and easy to replicate) so I if I do manage to draw all the current CAP pokemon, expect some changes in their designs. Well I have the first one down, Syclant, the Ice/Bug pokemon.

Not as good as I would like, and certainly has a lot of flaws, but my defense, there aren't very good pictures of it in full body and I did do it in 3 hours, oh well. Its also not as Sugi-style as I'd like but thats what you get when you try to color quickly.

This looks like it can be a second evolve form of like scyther. Trade a scyther holding an ice coat to evolve it into Syclant XD!

you can bump an art thread as long as you have art, which you do.

i approve of this cap art !_!

actually, i may ask about putting some of this on the cap website... we'll see

you can bump an art thread as long as you have art, which you do.

i approve of this cap art !_!

actually, i may ask about putting some of this on the cap website... we'll see
I would be more than willing to do CAP artwork for the website!I'm working on Fidgit and Stratagem as we speak.

EDIT: Looking back, Scylant was horrendously done and Pyroak isn't in the best position lol. I might redo those two.

Not sure about double-posting this time :/ but here is Fidget

God was this annoying, certainly something Sugimori wouldn't do( no CAP other than the last 3 would even come close :/). His designs are much more simple.

I've already inked and scanned stratagem, just have to color which can from 1-4 hours depending on the quality. So it'll probably be done tomorrow in the latest.

Anyway hope you all like.

Triple post :/

Once again more detail then I'd prefer, oh well. I'm really satisfied with the way it came out but I could have inked it much better. I used the color scheme from the original artwork instead of the sprite to stay closer to the original artist's interpretations. Same thing with the eye style.

My bad, I was just counting how much legs were sprouting.

I'll probably just add the leg later, but I'm a bit busy right now so I'll wait till later.

Here is Arghonaut for you. I'll get around to redoing pyroak/scyclant again... Maybe if I had more encouragement, :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)