June 2010 Status of Shoddy Battle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks bearzly, Im having an issue though. Was there anything else that changed recently in the sql tables? I'm getting this exception "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mysqlpp::BadQuery'
what(): Unknown column 'id' in 'where clause'"

I'm using the latest client which was updated since your last post, and I don't see anything server side matching that query. Is that the problem here?

Thanks again
I might have messed around with the table structure a bit so I added a link to the OP that shows the current table schema.

so basically, shoddy 2 is done, your just working on the server?
Glad it's come so far. I remember way back when you guys first announced work on #2 was happening.

Honestly, I'd consider the progress on this pretty fast. I've followed a couple of projects even older than this one is (not even from scratch) and I'm still waiting for them.

It's nice to see that SB2 is almost done and I can't wait to try Double Battles on it. I remember when it was first being worked on that it might be possible to do up to 6 Pokemon out at one time. Is that feature still going to be included?

It would be better to just release it when it's done and then update it with the new pokes once Black and White come out.

Great news, the thought of double battles being readily available within the near future gives me a reason to give a shit about pokemon again.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It would be better to just release it when it's done and then update it with the new pokes once Black and White come out.
Except every generation's had a mechanics change, so it's far from that trivial to update the simulator.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is just awesome. I really appreciate the hard work you guys are putting into this, and I'm sure that this will be a great release. I'm really looking forward to the double battles, though, more than anything else. It'll be interesting to see how strategy changes in a double battle, and how sets change due to, for example, Surf's spreading out among pokemon. EQ usage will be gone, and that could usher in a whole different style of play. In any case, if you guys need any help checking over non-programming stuff (I might be able to help you with the code in a few years), I am ready and able to help.

Will the interface experience any changes? I wanted to know if the new version would adapt any of the features of Pokemon-Online.

Thanks!

@Faladran - From what I'm seeing in the sources, there is a script module. I'm not 100% sure, but it looks as its C++.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The server is C++, the client is Java. There's no "script module" at all for the client, and scripting server side is for certain mechanics (item effects, move effects, etc).

Remember SB2 is made from scratch though, and since SB1's interface is a bit weak in certain areas it'd be a bad idea not to fix that this time around.

it has been anounced that black and white will feature 3 vs. 3 battles. Once we learn the mechanics of it, will shoddy 2 support them? Or just 2 vs. 2?

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
Well we already have support for anything from 1v1 to 6v6 so 3v3 is already there. We just don't exactly know how the mechanics work yet.

I'm just happy that we have people working on this, shoddy is such an amazing program. lol Hopefully someone will involve the gen 5 additions. I would love to use shoddy again for the new meta.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Will teams made with SB1 work on SB2 or will we have to remake them? Because I have a bunch and don't want them all to be rendered obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)