Jungle Storm: Rate My BS Singles team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking for help all over the net for my Battle Spot Singles team. This is the Nintendo 3DS battle spot and here is my team:

Venusaur-Mega @ venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- gigadrain
- sludgebomb
- leechseed
- synthesis

The core of the team, for better or worse. Takes care of water, rock, ground, electric and fairy pokemon. Azumarill is his specailty since without him (or a similar pokemon) Belly Drum Azumarill can wreck whole teams. I read somewhere that it's better to give him def EVs so I'm trying it out. Works pretty well, though I worry about the special attacks. Speed IVs to outspeed a max speed Azumarill without a timid nature, just in case. Don't know where to put the reamaing stat point.

Sableye @ leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- knockoff
- taunt
- recover
- willowisp

Takes care of phy attackers. A w.o.w and a Taunt prevent powerful phy damage and set ups. Invaluable when I'm able to do so. Puts down Mega khan easy.

Gliscor @ toxicorb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- earthquake
- toxic
- protect
- swordsdance

Handles a lot of threats. Aegislas, Mega Beedrill and Heatran are 3 that come to mind. Used to have Rock Slide to handle Talonflame and other fliers/levitators but I heard Toxic Stall is better so I"m trying it out. Not sold on it yet. Protect helps more than roost in the long run. HP divisible by 8 for maximum poison heal recovery, Impish nature to help his already good defense and 252 IVs in special defense to help ward of sp. attacks. Took the 52 out of HP and put it in attack to give help his attacks.

Gyarados @ sitrusberry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- waterfall
- icefang
- thunderwave
- dragondance

Really here just to beat down Mega Lucario since there are only a few pokemon that can reliably counter him. I T-Wave him and other pokemon and then try to para-flinch them. Also helps take out pokemon water pokemon usually take out. Seems to have a problem with dragons though.

Tyranitar @ lumberry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- crunch
- earthquake
- rockslide
- stealthrock
Here for Mega Gengar, because he too has too few counters. Also Char Y some help with X too. Unfortunately he also gets obliterated by Focus Blast, but I don't know of a pokemon that can help better than him. Good for Talonflame too.

Florges @ lightclay
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- moonblast
- toxic
- lightscreen
- wish

Mostly a placeholder since I can't think of what else I should have on my team. Toxics foes and tries to set up lightscreen though it usually fails to help.

So that's the team I'm working with know. Megasaur is the core and I'm shooting for a balanced team that can help with those annoying Mega Khan/Lucario/Gengar/Salamence. I've had over 200 battle and tried a lot of other pokemon but I can't seem to stop sucking. I know that it doesn't help that my team has some double weaknesses (Gliscor/Tyranitar, Sableye/Tyranitar).

I would REALLY appreciate any help that can be given.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)