Juniors Nationls War Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So we get to the air port at six o'clock and see that the boarding time is at 8. Next thing we know the boarding time is now 8:15, then it gets pushed to 8:40, then to 9, then to 9:40 and at around 9:47 an attendee announces on the overhead, People of flight A20 Indianapolis Indiana, we are sorry to say that the captain has decided not to show up for this flight" ?????, are you fucking serious, we've been waiting here for over three hours and I am just so bumed. Finally they manage to find another captain and we board at around 11:30ish. The plane was a little cramped but when we finally got there, it was cool to see the giant Pikachu across the street from inside the Marriott and all the pokemon signs pointing to the vgc. While were checking in my dad brings up to the attendee we have the North eastern regional pokemon champion here. Because my dad travels so much, we were able to stay on the 19th floor and got elite passes which was sweet but the stuff we got access to like the lounge in my opinion wasn't that special unless you wanted to use the computer in there which we didn't, the free breakfast was nice though.

We get in line and i ask Emily if she wants to practice battle, then the kid in front says, you shouldn't battle if you don't want to reveal your team, then when the kid behind us says hes using a torterra, the same kid in front of us then says torterra isn't good for the vgc, making me a little scared since the guy in front of emi is probably better than average. Then when we're done registering and i'm relieved to find out you that you don't fight each other in the order you register but by the bracket, for any of you who read my other story these rounds will just be me explaining how if felt watching her battle each kid and some of Emi's input except for the last one.

R1, 0.0: She goes against this little kid who looks about 5,6, or 7. After the first game, marriland comes over and points emily to the exit, i'm thinking holy shit, did she just get disqualified for having illeagal pokemon in her game, i was always worried that i got a hacked pokemon from some one on wifi. She comes over and says that she won. I'm like omg i thought this was best two out of three like last year, then i read the poster and find out this is the qualifying round, anyways i'm so happy that she won after thinking she got disqualified.

R2, 1.0: I have no memory of what the kid looked like but i think Emi said it was easy.

R3, 2.0: The next kid is from Texas and his dad seems nice and pals around with my dad, anyways Emily said it came down to her kyogre and blissey against his togkiss and lugia, stall and gg.

R4, 3.0: Next i can't believe i'm forgetting this much but i forget who she fought except that i remember he looked confident and sure enough, Emi gets her first lost.

Intermission, as i'm looking for the pairings, i hear this kid saying to the Nick McCord, the MC for those who don't know, that this one kid has all shinnies, then i think i hear cybertrons brother and some others complaining that they lost to him too. Marriland checks out the cart and i think it was the kid who was infront of us again that ended up having pokesaved pokes.

R5, 3.1: Another confident looking kid and Emily says she got creamed.

R6, 3.2: This is it, i don't know if Emily can still qualify for the top sixteen with a 4:2 record but she defiantly can't with a 3:3 record with 58 kids attending. I can't read my sisters face, she has a perfect poke face, but the kid she was playing looked nervous, they both raise their hands, and as she walks over to us she has a nervous smile and says she won.

Final record, 4.2

They then post the rankings and Emily gets 11th.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_nats10_vgcjr-2010-06-26/

Yes, i'm so happy right now and my dad is ecstatic that Emi might win a paid trip to Hawaii. While they're getting they're picture taken i go across to the trading card vender and buy her a copy of her favorite pokemon card, entei, as a souvenir. We get back to the hotel and order room service, then after we get back from exploring the mall, they tell me they posted who Emily fights tomorrow. Damn i wish they had told me, i go online to look up info on the kid emily is fighting and it turns out its the kid who placed 4th at the Newark regionals, Ben Hickey. I look for a youtube video of one of his battles and sure enough i find the team he used at regionals. Starting at 9 i stay up til 11 recreating his team, then go to bed for our early morning. I don't know why it took so long, just had to tm train a dragonite and do the arceus event to get a grisious orb.

Next morning we get up, have breakfast, and go to the battle room in the convention center to practice battle. I'm a little worried because i beat her all three times with Bens Team, then remind her that even if he uses the same team, he might not do the same moves as me.

R1: The kid is really animated and i can't tell if he's happy or just excited and once again i can't read Emily's perfect poker face. After a while, the kid then jumps in the air, and waves his hands looking at his mom or whoever mouthing he won. Once again this was nerve wrenching to watch because he kept swaying to the music and i couldn't tell if he was just really excited or happy, then the battle finishes and none of them look that happy, not that Emily ever breaks her perfect poker face, and they start battling again, this is for the trip to Hawaii, there's a chance we might go to Hawaii even if we loose since my dad travels so much he gets lots of coupons but winning would be nice, and august 15th is my dads birthday. Emily said its funny that the competition is on the same day, i could give him a birthday trip to Hawaii. The match finishes both players shake hands without breaking their poker faces, and Emily wins. Yes i can't believe it, were going to Hawaii to play pokemon. Emi comes over and says i almost lost because i couldn't hit his last guy, it was like this floaty bug thing with a halo, i then tell her about shedninja, something i probably should've done earlier but thought i was bombarding her with too much info at once. I feel bad though for Ben since he probably got here all by himself without anyone helping him out, it made me feel a little bad. On another note the seniors was fun to watch, from where i was it basically looked like a giant smogon convention, but there were probably people from skarmbliss there too.

R2: This kid looks younger than Emi, anyways he loose the first match wins the second match and this is the final match.

Turn1, Emi sends out Blakchrome and Kyogre, the other guy sends out ambipom and Machamp. Kyogre protects, ambipom fakes out kygore but misses, machamp Dynamic punches Blakchrome and then Blakchrome hurts its self in confusion bringing it to half. Next turn Kyogre protects again, i forgot what ambipom did but kygore protected itself while machamp dynamic Punches again and Blak hurts itself in confusion killing it.
3:4 Emi sends out palkia, ambipom uses last resort and gets a crit on palkia, scarfchamp dynamic punches kyogre and kyogre blizzards. Next she sends out aboma, she ice shards ambipom to try and finish it off but it lives and kills kyogre, then machamp dynamic punches abomasnow and its game over, she said that she lost the second battle also to confusion. Well were still going to Hawaii, and i'm going to try one last time to get into worlds by going to last chance qualifier. On the ride home my dad says he'll never say anything bad about pikachu again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)