Just a Basic OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this is the OU Team I've been using on Showdown for some time now, and I'd really like to get some feedback on it.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 88 Def, 170 SDef
Nature: Relaxed
~ Leech Seed
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip
~ Spikes

My Ferrothorn is currently my lead, simply because he is well-balanced defense-wise, and he can get an entry hazard going from the beginning of the match.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 6 SAtk, 252 SDef
Nature: Calm
~ Heal Bell
~ Wish
~ Psychic
~ Stealth Rock

Blissey is (unsurprisingly) my special wall. From what I've seen, she's pretty much the standard for that.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP, 252 Def, 34 SDef
Nature: Impish
~ Spikes
~ Roost
~ Whirlwind
~ Brave Bird

Just like Blissey, I chose Skarmory because it seems to be the standard for it's role; taking physical damage.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
~ Substitute
~ Disable
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast

I use Gengar mostly for type advantages, but also for enemies with low SDef.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk, 26 SAtk, 252 Spd
Nature: Naive
~ Hydro Pump
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

Salamence is on my team largely for the fact that he can learn a decent amount of different types of attacks.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 10 Spd
Nature: Adamant
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Aerial Ace

I use Scizor to sweep like hell. U-turn is kinda redundant because of the Choice Band, though... Maybe I should change that.

So that's it! Note that this is my first proper team, so there are obviously things wrong with it (such as my excessive use of Leftovers due to lack of originality).

Hello there. Please read the RMT Rules carefully before posting. There has been an unfortunate influx of RMTs with not enough work out into them, but that does not mean you should do the same. You need at least 3 lines of detailed description showing how each pokemon works. Look at successful RMTs in the Showcase for examples of good RMT Writing.

Hello there. Please read the RMT Rules carefully before posting. There has been an unfortunate influx of RMTs with not enough work out into them, but that does not mean you should do the same. You need at least 3 lines of detailed description showing how each pokemon works. Look at successful RMTs in the Showcase for examples of good RMT Writing.
Sorry, I read the rules, but the roles didn't seem complex enough to fill 3 lines with... I'll read some other RMTs for reference and then edit.

You would put for example with Salamence

This is my mixed sweeper with Hydro Pump and Earthquake for coverage on pokemon like Heatran that threaten the team. He runs outrage for pure STAB damage to kill other dragons and break down walls. And finally he runs Fire Blast to remove physical walls like Skarmory and Ferrothorn that would wall Scizor.

But you're very new to RMTing and maybe even pokemon so I encourage you to read the articles on Smogon and read some other RMTs.

Atm Your team has a massive Magnezone weakness as it can trap and kill hald of your entire team. I sugest removing Ferrothorn or Skarmory and replacing them with a Fighting, Ground, or Fire type pokemon to kill it.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello,

The descriptions on this team are really lacking atm, as the suggested is around 3 lines per Pokemon. Try to expand on the role each Pokemon plays and why you chose that specific moveset.

PM me your updated descriptions and I will unlock this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)