Just a basic OU Team

Hello Smogon. As you can tell, i could really use your help for my OU team. It's served me well, but i think it could be better. Any help appreciated (such as pokemon to watch out for). All IV's are maxed. So, without further ado, here's my team (unable to post attachments, sorry)

Hello Smogon. As you can tell, i could really use your help for my OU team. It's served me well, but i think it could be better. Any help appreciated (such as pokemon to watch out for). All IV's are maxed. So, without further ado, here's my team (unable to post attachments, sorry)

Metagross@ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk 252 Sp 4 SDef
-Stealth Rocks
-ThunderPunch
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash

The Bulky Lead

I was reading around and i needed a lead that was able to lay down stealth rocks and still be able to fight instead of just exploding. So Metagross was the perfect answer. He's immune to Gyra's intimidate, and he has TPunch to deal with him. Not other leads such as Forretress and Skarm, all they can really do is just lay hazards and just explode. So, that's where my lead was born

Machamp@ Black Belt
Trait: No Guard
EV's: 252 Atk 252 Sp 4 hp
-Dynamic Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge
-Thunder Punch

The Hyper Offense Guy
I then thought, hmmm, now who to put on an extremely offensive team ? Machamp was the perfect answer. Basically, this guy is just trying to clean up in case something happens. Defences are shaky, but the power is just too much to ignore
I beleive that with these moves he is able to gain optimal power and coverage. With Dynamic Punch he is able to beat potential counters on the switch due to the fact that the confusion will only have them able to attack 50% of the time. Then i have Ice Punch for bulky dragons like Dragonite or Salamance, and i have Thunder Punch for Skarm on the turns he doesnt roost. Not only this, but along with T-Punch, and Stone Edge, im able to beat Sala and Gyra in case i mispredict.

Gengar@ Wise Glasses
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 SpAtk 252 Sp 4 HP
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-T-Bolt
-Substitute

The Special Little Monster
With the nature i chose, i have the biggest coverage i can. Gengar is able to hit tyranatar reliable with energy ball, however is vunerable to scizzor unless i predict and get a para hax and/or have a sub. Too many ifs though. So if i predict or on the revenge, im either skrewed or saved based on how much HP i got left. Kinda thinking about replacing sub with pain split or something else.

Dragonite@ King's Rock
Trait: Inner Focus
EV's: 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Sp d
-EarthQuake
-Fire Punch
-Outrage
-Waterfall

The Forgotten Dragon
Just max the basics and since barnie's kinda slow i may as well just go for the all out attacking =p
I pack outrage well, for stab and so im able to hit hard. Now what if i've already used this and they predict the switch ? Simple, i go for the EQ. Heatran takes heavy damage even if it has Shucca, And Scizzor takes neutral. However, fire punch on the heatran switch, im skrewed and th.a0t's hat basically

Swampert@ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EV's: 252 hp 252 atk 4 sp def
-EQ
-Sub
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch

Do you leik me ?
Not too sure on the moves on this guys sorry. However, with what i have, im not forced to switch against grasses if i have the sub and im able to hit hard with ice punch. Waterfall, and EQ are for obligatory STAB. Skarmory wont totally wall unless he comes in on full hp w a predicted EQ, but Waterfall still does.......eh damage. Here's to flinch hax =p

The Evil Beetle

Heracross@ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EV's: 252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Close Combat

Uses protect to get the Flame Orb burn, and activate guts, and abuse. With a swords dance and guts his attack hits @ about 1k i believe. This provides incredible power with just 1 turn. However, if i miss the burn, on the switch i can just use protect and proceed to try to rape

The Benched Fave (RIP)
Lucario@ Muscle Band
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Lonely
EV's:252 atk 252 sp atk 4 speed
-Shadow Ball
-Extreme Speed
- Thunder/Ice Punch
-Aura Sphere/Vacuum Wave

So any constructive critism is appreciated. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)