Just a random one (FIXED)

Hey there! This is my first RMT, so... yeah! So... here's my team (in no particular order) at-a-glance:

Now, for the breakdown:

Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Hasty (▲SPE, ▼DEF)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Flamethrower
-Charge Beam
-Dragon Pulse (considering replacing with Draco Meteor)
-Focus Blast
This is what I mainly centered my team around from the start. I had found out that it's a psuedo-legendary and I just thought that was awesome.
It usually leads with taking out (hopefully) any Dragon, Normal, Grass, Water, Rock, Steel, Flying, Dark types (especially other Hydreigons, which are seen a lot by me). If double battling, Nidoking can get in an Earthquake without Hydreigon getting hit, as to cover the Electrics that Hydreigon would normally only 2 or 3HKO with Dragon Pulse.

Venusaur (M/F I forget) @ maybe Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
Nature:Hasty (▲SPE, ▼DEF)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 SpD, 4 Spe
-Frenzy Plant
-Synthesis
-Toxic
-Venoshock
I found out that Venoshock has a nice 130 power if target is poisoned, and with a STAB and a great Sp. Atk, that would do just fine with Venusaur. The speed on it isn't anything to brag about, however, the HP and Sp. Def can make up for it a little bit in order to get in the toxic, while Frenzy plant provides 1-turn hard hitting power. Synthesis is there so Venusaur can serve as a backup Special tank that'll last for a couple of rounds.

Emboar [Pigmalion] (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
Nature:Impish (▲SPATK, ▼DEF)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 HP
-Flamethrower
-Flare Blitz
-Hammer Arm
-Gyro Ball (give me another suggestion- Emboar's not that slow:pirate:)
I only chose Emboar because she was my starter, and I usually feel a special connection with them that compels me to use them (and usually they're good!).
The main points are Hammer Arm and Flare Blitz for heavy hitting when Hydreigon's gone. Flamethrower's just there as a backup if I don't want to risk losing any HP. Gyro ball can be useful after one or two Hammer Arms, although it covers the same but less than Hammer Arm does, so it will probably be replaced. The leftovers are there to be a counter to the Flare Blitz loss, mostly.

Alakazam [Kazza] (M) @ Lax Incense
Ability: Synchronize
Nature:Quiet (▲SPE, ▼SPATK [that's not good...])
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball
-Psychic
This is my special water killer, with a STAB psychic there to cover Fighting types, as none other on my team will be able to do that well, except maybe Nidoking. Recover and the Lax Incense will help me retain some HP in the long run, as Alakazam has terribly low defense, and moderately low Sp. Def. Focus Blast will counter any slower Dark-types threatening Kazza, and maybe a Crustle (not too sure if that's OU or not, though :|)

Luxray (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Hardy (no change)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
-Toxic
-Volt Switch
-Crunch
-Wild Charge
Here's my other water killer, a physical one. I just realized however, that Luxray isn't particularly speedy, so I'll probably put the Toxic on someone like Alakazam or Emboar. Crunch is there to get Psychic types, and Volt Switch will probably also be replaced, since Luxray won't be getting in a quick Toxic and retreating any time soon... but, just in case, the Rocky helmet will hurt any Earthquakers and Diggers that think they can take out Luxray without having consequences. Wild Charge is just a last-ditch attempt if it's the last in my team.
Overall, I think I'll replace or just completely re-do Luxray, maybe as a more focused water and Psychic killer.

Nidoking (M) @ Brightpowder
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Hasty (▲SPE, ▼DEF)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb
-Toxic Spikes
Nidoking can pair nicely with Hydreigon, and that's about it. The Earthquake will pass right under Hydreigon, while Surf is there to cover a Fire and Ground type discoverage (is that right? \:() It can set up some toxic spikes relatively quickly, and Sludge bomb is there to get some heavy-hitting singular damage. It doesn't serve much of a purpose, but a good Sp. Atk usage (besides Surf). (I'm thinking of replacing Nidoking for another Ground-type, maybe Excadrill or Tyranitar.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)