Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Typical Rain Inducer, I prefer the bulky Toed so I can survive and have my weather up longer Scald for STAB and hopefully a burn on some pokemon, Toxic the other to stall late game since he usually goes in to induce weather and leave Protect to stall Burn or Toxic and I have Ice Beam so I can have better coverage

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is here for Rapid Spin and to scare and out speed common threats such as Gengar, Keldeo barring HP Bug, the main thing is Rapid Spin to get rid of Rocks for Kyurem-B and Thundurus-T, After hazards are gone I just hit multiple things hard with LO attacks no reason to keep Starmie around considering it doesnt have a way to recover

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Edit to flying gem to help support a late game Keldeo sweep Acrobatic hits everything hard and after a swords dance he can sweep himself

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Easily the most powerful Pokemon in this current OU metagame not being walled by Blissey this thing is one of the most effective late game sweepers with Surf, Secret Sword, and Hydro Pump, and HP Ice to revenge kill scarf Thundurus-T, Salamence, Landorus-T, ect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn puts up rocks and spikes and comes in on most dragons to hit hard with Gyro Ball helps Keldeo sweep later in the game

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- U-turn

My wall breaker, With a full metagame of Skarmory, Forrtress, Blissey, Jellicent, and Ferrothorn Thundurus-T can hit them hard for SE or neutral hits. Most Thundurus-T runs either Nasty Plot or Scarf, Bluffing a scarf help killing multiple things, Having U-Turn along with Scizor helps making predicting easier.

Last edited:
Interesting team you have here, although i have a few suggestions. Since you are running a rain team, why not use thunder over thunderbolt on your thundurus-t and starmie for the extra power? You should also try perish song or encore over ice beam on your politoed, just to mess up pokemon that try to set up on him. Ice beam is really just for dealing with the dragon and grass types in OU, but you already have teammates that can deal with pokemon of those types. Otherwise, this is a pretty solid team.

Interesting team you have here, although i have a few suggestions. Since you are running a rain team, why not use thunder over thunderbolt on your thundurus-t and starmie for the extra power? You should also try perish song or encore over ice beam on your politoed, just to mess up pokemon that try to set up on him. Ice beam is really just for dealing with the dragon and grass types in OU, but you already have teammates that can deal with pokemon of those types. Otherwise, this is a pretty solid team.
Thank You Killer Mushroom I understand what you're saying about Politoed but Politoed can also come in on things weak to Ice and kill them since hes rather bulky and I hate being completely walled by Jellicent and Vaporeon and I will change to Thunder for the extra power on both of my pokemon thank you for the rate!

Thank You Killer Mushroom I understand what you're saying about Politoed but Politoed can also come in on things weak to Ice and kill them since hes rather bulky and I hate being completely walled by Jellicent and Vaporeon and I will change to Thunder for the extra power on both of my pokemon thank you for the rate!
Without icebeam you aren't 'completely walled' by jellicent and vaporeon, far from even. You can toxic stall them a bit. Since you are faster you can also encore them to create setup possibilities or 'safe' switch-ins. I used to have icebeam on my politoed too but changing it to encore was the best thing i ever did.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, so I'm here to rate your team.

So it's a pretty cool rain team you have here, with powerful rain sweepers like Starmie and Thundurus-T wearing down your opponent, which I'm guessing probably ends in you trying to sweep with Kyurem-B or Scizor late game. However, I feel I have a few suggestions that will make your team slightly better.

The first thing I notice on your team is that you're lacking Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is so crucial on offensive teams as it wears down checks to your Pokemon, enabling you to sweep late game. For this, I suggest you replace Ferrothorn with Kyurem-B. Ferrothorn offers your team support in the form of hazards and forcing switches, and Ferrothorn fits greatly into rain teams as it checks powerful rain sweepers like Latios, Starmie, Politoed, and Rotom-W. The hazards that Ferrothorn provides for your team is extremely good, and will help your sweepers so much when trying to sweep. Here's the set.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

So the EVs are used to allow you to tank both special and physical hits (like Outrage, Hydro Pump, and Volt Switch), while you want the lowest speed possible to power up Gyro Ball. So Gyro Ball and Power Whip prevent Ferrothorn from being set up bait, as it checks Latias, Kyurem-B, and prevents Starmie from spinning as easily. Stealth Rock is probably the best move in the game, as it inflicts damage every time your opponent switches. Spikes add to the residual damage, and really wears down your opponent, allowing your sweepers to sweep more easily than ever.

You'll now notice that you lack a way of cleaning up late game, since you no longer have a Scarf Pokemon, so my next suggestion is to replace Conkeldurr with Scarf Keldeo. Scarf Keldeo is a much better Fighting type in the rain compared to Conkeldurr, as boosted Surf easily cleans up late game. Here's the set.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So with Keldeo you want max speed and max special attack. A Timid nature is used to allow you to revenge kill Salamence, Thundurus-T, and speed tie with opposing Keldeo and Terrakion. Surf is Keldeo's STAB and hits very hard with rain boosting it's power. It's your main option as with Spikes and SR, you probably won't need to power from Hydro Pump, as Surf is much more consistent in accuracy. Secret Sword is your second form or STAB, and allows Keldeo to be one of the few special attackers to get past Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar. Hydro Pump is used for when you need to extra power to net a KO, but Surf is generally the better option if you don't need it. Finally HP Ice is coverage, and allows you to revenge kill sweepers like Dragonite, Salamence, and other Dragon types.

Finally, my last suggestion would be to change Scizor's set to SD Acrobatics set. The reason for this is that Scizor is a great way to lure and beat Keldeo's checks, like Tentacruel, Jellicent, and other bulky water types. SD Scizor still checks Latias and Celebi with this set, and eliminating these Pokemon really helps Keldeo in trying to sweep late game. Here's the set.

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

So Jolly is used mainly to out speed SpDef Heatran, and most Tentacruel. Swords Dance is used to boost your attack level to very respectable levels. Acrobatics is the main reason to use this set, as Scizor lures Jellicent, Tentacruel, and other bulky waters in, only to seriously dent them, enabling Keldeo to sweep late game. Bullet Punch is STAB and priority, allowing you to hit faster threats like Dragonite and Terrakion for awesome damage at +2. Finally, Super Power is used mainly for coverage, as it hits Steel types that resist Acrobatics and Bullet Punch (like Heatran and Magnezone).

Other than that, I really like this team. Congrats, and good luck in the future with it.

Thank you I've tried this and its helped so much

So it's a pretty cool rain team you have here, with powerful rain sweepers like Starmie and Thundurus-T wearing down your opponent, which I'm guessing probably ends in you trying to sweep with Kyurem-B or Scizor late game. However, I feel I have a few suggestions that will make your team slightly better.

The first thing I notice on your team is that you're lacking Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is so crucial on offensive teams as it wears down checks to your Pokemon, enabling you to sweep late game. For this, I suggest you replace Ferrothorn with Kyurem-B. Ferrothorn offers your team support in the form of hazards and forcing switches, and Ferrothorn fits greatly into rain teams as it checks powerful rain sweepers like Latios, Starmie, Politoed, and Rotom-W. The hazards that Ferrothorn provides for your team is extremely good, and will help your sweepers so much when trying to sweep. Here's the set.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

So the EVs are used to allow you to tank both special and physical hits (like Outrage, Hydro Pump, and Volt Switch), while you want the lowest speed possible to power up Gyro Ball. So Gyro Ball and Power Whip prevent Ferrothorn from being set up bait, as it checks Latias, Kyurem-B, and prevents Starmie from spinning as easily. Stealth Rock is probably the best move in the game, as it inflicts damage every time your opponent switches. Spikes add to the residual damage, and really wears down your opponent, allowing your sweepers to sweep more easily than ever.

You'll now notice that you lack a way of cleaning up late game, since you no longer have a Scarf Pokemon, so my next suggestion is to replace Conkeldurr with Scarf Keldeo. Scarf Keldeo is a much better Fighting type in the rain compared to Conkeldurr, as boosted Surf easily cleans up late game. Here's the set.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So with Keldeo you want max speed and max special attack. A Timid nature is used to allow you to revenge kill Salamence, Thundurus-T, and speed tie with opposing Keldeo and Terrakion. Surf is Keldeo's STAB and hits very hard with rain boosting it's power. It's your main option as with Spikes and SR, you probably won't need to power from Hydro Pump, as Surf is much more consistent in accuracy. Secret Sword is your second form or STAB, and allows Keldeo to be one of the few special attackers to get past Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar. Hydro Pump is used for when you need to extra power to net a KO, but Surf is generally the better option if you don't need it. Finally HP Ice is coverage, and allows you to revenge kill sweepers like Dragonite, Salamence, and other Dragon types.

Finally, my last suggestion would be to change Scizor's set to SD Acrobatics set. The reason for this is that Scizor is a great way to lure and beat Keldeo's checks, like Tentacruel, Jellicent, and other bulky water types. SD Scizor still checks Latias and Celebi with this set, and eliminating these Pokemon really helps Keldeo in trying to sweep late game. Here's the set.

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

So Jolly is used mainly to out speed SpDef Heatran, and most Tentacruel. Swords Dance is used to boost your attack level to very respectable levels. Acrobatics is the main reason to use this set, as Scizor lures Jellicent, Tentacruel, and other bulky waters in, only to seriously dent them, enabling Keldeo to sweep late game. Bullet Punch is STAB and priority, allowing you to hit faster threats like Dragonite and Terrakion for awesome damage at +2. Finally, Super Power is used mainly for coverage, as it hits Steel types that resist Acrobatics and Bullet Punch (like Heatran and Magnezone).

Other than that, I really like this team. Congrats, and good luck in the future with it.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)