1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Just Another RMT

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Umby, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Iron Tail
    - Return

Was really filler, actually, along with Magneton. Would prefer something else, I'm bad at predicting with CB Normals.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 148 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Reflect

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 80 SAtk / 56 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf

Celebi and Suicune are the base for what I want. I'm always looking for a way to forego having an actual special wall, and these guys together take special attacks like no other. They might not be able to stop guys from setting up, but it's a pretty good start.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Rock Slide

Adamant or Naughty? I like being able to take a Starmie Surf after a DD.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Punch
    - Taunt
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Barely survives DD Mence HP Flying at full health. I was using a gimmick team before this one and had this Gengar spread. Decided to keep it to see what it does. My resident Snorlax counter. Also, currently, my only viable switch-in for Heracross, sadly.

Magneton @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Spd / 96 SAtk / 152 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunderbolt

Filler. I had originally added this to back up Celebi in taking on Gengar, and thought, what the hell - might as well add a good CBer. Tauros was the first thing that came to mind, but I suppose CBMence would probably offer something better.

Main issue is dealing with DDMence. I have absolutely no real counter for it. Anything else problematic that you guys can spot?
  2. gene

gene GENE
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

cloyster can get spikes up reliably against this team, and spikes become a huge problem when your team's tempo is overall pretty slow with defensive celebi and suicune. i'd even consider something like sd celebi instead since you have magneton. also i really like dodrio over slow tauros since he can bp straight to magneton.

i'm not seeing how you can deal with cbtar either. that suicune takes like 45% on average from rock slide.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)