Just Because i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this is my current ou team, i hope you do not discredit it because of any prior posts i've made or if you are shallow and discriminate against people with low post counts.​

on the teambuilding process.​

also, be prepared for huge pictures.​

New in Red.

after previous experience, i wanted to use a double sand core, and it works ver well in today's metagame.​

i wanted to use a fire grass water core, and i needed a spinner, so starmie was chosen as my water type.​

i tried jirachi, and that was going well, but i had too many ground weaknesses and not enough resists. plus, i didn't feel right haxing other players, even if since i was testing this on po they are retarded and use bp teams.

so i added skarmory, because i get some spikes support and another key ground resist.​

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
Hippowdon is generally my lead, and a verry good one at that. i opted for more of a mixed wall, because i needed him to be able to start the match off strong and come back in later if i need him. basic moveset, nothing special.​

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
So with skarm, i wanted to add special bulk to deal with gengar among others. jirachi was a great team member, not really sure why i got rid of him. again, basic moveset.​

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 216 SDef / 48 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Protect
- Roar
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
Heatran helps shape my fwg core, and i will be replacing protect, i'm thinking with hp ice to deal with gliscor/lando on the switch in and dragons who consider me bait.​

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
celebi is glue, and holds the team together alomst as much as the sand does. t-wave is great, i like spreading parylasis through my opponents team, heal bell adds to his ability to check breloom. i know some consider clerics bad, but i really have nothing else to use. plus, taking burns off ttar feels so good :D​

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Tyranitar is i guess you could call him my wallbreaker. with his ungodly strength, he ko's quite a few things after rocks, including (i'm pretty sure) defensive poli. he's a great antiweather, he can deal with ninetales and poli with ease, while heatran can take out abomasnow as long as he aint packing [heat] earthquake.​

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock
finally, we have starmie. he's my spinner, and a bulky attacker. i've yet to find an ev spread that accomplishes all the necasary ko's, like on gengar, dragonite, salamence, lando, etc, but he's pretty good with this spread.​

so that's my team, i hope you enjoyed reading it, and leave a comment if you have something to say.​

Threat List (in progress.):

Conkeldurr. if he gets enough boosts, i can't really do anything other then phaze him.

Baton Chains. but then again, who doesn't?

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Yo, nice team!

Your team as of now has a really bad time facing strong phisical attackers like Terrakion or Lucario, and to an extent even dragons since skarmory is special defense as well as your hippowdown. Landorus also seems a bit problematic since your celebi has no recover and with a stealth rock damage and sand its going to be 2koed by hp ice, and it can threaten your whole team with his coverage 2koing everything. This, combined with keldeo, can be problematic, since your starmie cant really switch in on any keldeo without taking an huge hit, and you need to play conservative with your starmie otherwhise you wont be able to spin hazards.

Some quick fix i would do is to give recover on both Celebi and starmie. The reason is that since they are under sand, they are probably going to die more quickly than they should, and since the purpose of celebi is to wall things and to starmie is to spin (so you need to constantly keep it alive) i see no reason not to run a recovery move. For example, if you are facing a rainstall, they can be problematic just spamming scald and toxic, because in the long run you will have no way to recover your water resistors. As for celebi, i would honestly replace heal bell. heal bell its not usefull here, since the most used status (wow rotom-w, toxic and burn of scald on bulkywater, bslam rachi and spore loom) are well countered anyway by yours two natural curers. Both celebi and starmie can switch-in on cruel and politoed, celebi counters rotom-w all day and it does not care about the sleep of celebi, rachi can be annoying but it cant beat skarmory, hippowdown and heatran anyway no matter if they paralize you or not.

For what concern starmie, i would replace ice beam. Ice beam can surely give you a way to kill dragonite and salamence, but thats not the purpose of starmie: starmie needs to be alive just to spin shit or to counter specific threaths that are problematic to you, for example keldeo. Its not like you can switch on starmie and counter a salamence; maybe you are not setup fodder, but i think the rest of your team can deal with them already so its not a big issue. As for your spread, i would go for a max hp just to be sure that Keldeo does less damage, and i would drop your speed to 354 so that you can still outspeed tornadus-n, and put the other evs somewhere else, probably into defense. You are not really going to outspeed everything with max speed, so i think its fine.

Now, speaking abouth your weakness to strong psisical moves, i can understand why you have sp def skarmory instead of the standard one, i think its due to torna-t, but since you have two sand abusers, twave celebi and toxic tran i dont think that you need so much special defense, as for gengar i have in mind an another change so dont worry. Try to use this spread on skarmory: EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef with an Impish Nature.
With this spread you will always avoid the 2ko from the standard Lo tornadus-t even with sr on the field, being able to stall it out with roost. (here are the calcs 319 Atk VS 216 Def and 334 HP (180 Base Power): 124 - 146 (37.12% - 43.71%)
In this way you still have a better defense to take phisical hits like Fire punch dragonite or Fusion bolt kyurem, and you also have more points on your statistics, since you had 330 and 248 before, while now you have 374 and 216, which is 12 points more.

Now, i would like to completely change your hippowdown spread to a max defense one. This would immensely help facing the likes of Cbtar, cb kion, Lucario, and cb users in general. With a max defense hippowdown you can actually switch on sd lucario and terrakion, take an hit and strike a ko back.

Speaking about your weakness to gengar, and now even to something like Nasty plot thundurus, i would like to put a scarf on your tyranitar. Honestly i see no real reason to run a so powerfull pokemon when all you need now is a form of revenge killing if things are not getting good, for example scarf tar kills starmie which can be a problem if celebi is weakened, it baitkills gengar with pursuit or crunch and it can revenge kill Thundurus or other 110 base speed pokemon, for example a non scarf terrakion wich can be killed with Earthwuake.

Tl;dr
Celebi: Heal bell > recover

Starmie: Ice beam > recover
your current spread > EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd with a timid nature

Skarmory: your current spread > EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef with an Impish Nature

Hippowdown: your current spread > 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef with an impish nature

Tyranitar: Choice band > choice scarf

P H A N T O M

Banned deucer.
Nice team I see! One problem for your team is the classical SheerForce Landorus. It hits hard against all of your pokemon. Starmie is ohko after stealth rock by earth power,ttar too,heatran... lol,skarmory is ohko by focus blast,Hippo takes an 2hko and Celebi is the most able in your team to stop Landorus but without a recovery move you will scream against Landoru's hp ice! So I suggest you Recover>Heal Bell on your Celebi,he is a great status assorber,he didn't need heal bell! For Tyranitar moveset... Mmm you don't need that earthquake. I think you must put Superpower>Earthquake on Tyranitar,because with Superpower you can hit more pokemon like Ferrothorn,Air Baloon Heatran,etc.. Skarmory,that spread(sorry) sucks! Put the classical evs on it,you had Hippowdown that takes care of Gengar using Roar and Starmie that can hits hard with Psyshock and Celebi that can use thunder wave in the switch in of Gengar,Or you can put Scarf>Band on Tyranitar,if you had a particulary problem with Gengar. There were only few suggests because your team is really solid! Hope I helped, Gl with the team!

thank you guys. i'm updateding the op. although i am deadset on keeping the hippowdon ev's, as they serve me better then a personal butler.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Can you expand your descriptions a bit? Your current ones are lacking. Try to talk about the role of each pokemon on the team, why you picked them, etc.. Around 3 lines should do. If you don't update them I'll have to lock this thread.

also just like that, you should be using max Speed on Tyranitar, as the extra HP is really going to be useless most of the time and tying with other ScarfTars is probably much more useful...

I would suggest making Starmie a fully offensive Rapid Spinner. It can hit take on Landorus and Gliscor pretty easily, which I could see your team having problems with.
Here's the set:

Starmie @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump / Surf (Power or accuracy?)
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

I hope you find my contribution helpful. If you have any free time, would you consider going over my RMT?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476366

Can you expand your descriptions a bit? Your current ones are lacking. Try to talk about the role of each pokemon on the team, why you picked them, etc.. Around 3 lines should do. If you don't update them I'll have to lock this thread.

also just like that, you should be using max Speed on Tyranitar, as the extra HP is really going to be useless most of the time and tying with other ScarfTars is probably much more useful...
alright, i'll do that.

I would suggest making Starmie a fully offensive Rapid Spinner. It can hit take on Landorus and Gliscor pretty easily, which I could see your team having problems with.
Here's the set:

Starmie @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump / Surf (Power or accuracy?)
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

I hope you find my contribution helpful. If you have any free time, would you consider going over my RMT?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476366

oddest post i've seen in a while. there's multiple people telling me "use bulky spinner", which i am and are liking, and you tell me to use fully offensive spinner and to rate your team.

I do kind of get what TheConman is trying to say; everyone seems to say that you have trouble with Landorus, and your Starmie would make an excellent check to it with Ice Beam. However, you could keep your bulky spread and just switch one of your coverage moves to Ice Beam instead of going fully offensive if you like. Or just leave it the way it is, because I'm not too experienced and probably don't know what I'm talking about.

I do kind of get what TheConman is trying to say; everyone seems to say that you have trouble with Landorus, and your Starmie would make an excellent check to it with Ice Beam. However, you could keep your bulky spread and just switch one of your coverage moves to Ice Beam instead of going fully offensive if you like. Or just leave it the way it is, because I'm not too experienced and probably don't know what I'm talking about.
i had ice beam. they told me to switch it to recover. i could change psyhcok though.

it is true gliscor gives me trouble, but a defensive set is less frail and gives me a better chance, bar crits.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I told you to update your descriptions 2 days ago, and you still haven't updated them. I'm locking this for now. PM me with your updated descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)