1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Just Close This Thread

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by TheFailure, Sep 10, 2010.

1. TheFailure

TheFailure

I failed. If you want to ban me just ban, I don't think I'm good enough to be on this forum.
  2. eXeggutoraped

eXeggutoraped

Why exactly are you posting this if the other sets were rejected?

Destiny bond is un-reliable and flat out doesn't work with out taunt.
    explosion doesn't kill anything with that nature.
    Leads set up SR, spikes ect. with-out taunt.
    Focus blast is un-reliable.
    raped by pritoirty uses.

My opinion:
    This set once won me a 5-0 game. Gengar took down 4 of my opponent's Pokemon, while sacrifing itself for the 4th Pokemon. Overall, I think this is a pretty decent set.

bad wifi player? can't see that happening in shoddy battle unless you got 4 crits in a row.

This is my first time writing a set, and I don't know what's the format so I decided to just write like this. Sorry.

You got it spot on i think, doesn't really matter, welcome to smogon anyway.
  3. Alan

Alan

There used to be a set like this on site, iirc it was:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    -Shadow Ball
    -Taunt
    -Destiny Bond
    -something i forgot, i think it was either thunderbolt or focus blast or they were slashed maybe hp fire?

but it was taken down. also that set needs taunt to be useful at leading so it can stop slower leads.
  4. Fishy

Fishy

5. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Original OP (open)
    Title: Lead Gengar[Sorry if its similar to another set]

Like the title say, I'm not sure if it's similar to these two Lead Gengar: Terrorist Gengar and Icy Wind Gengar. If it does, just close this thread, I'm really sorry :'(

Anyways this is the set:
    Name: Destinygar (I fail at naming)
    Gengar @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 252Spe/252SAtk/4Def
    Nature: Timid (Adds Speed, Minus Attack)
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Destiny Bond
    -Counter/Explosion

Comments:
    This set is pretty straightforward. Shadow Ball for STAB and Focus Blast for Dark and Steel types. Destiny Bond on 1HP/when low on health. Counter is preferred at the last slot as it counters Physical attackers. However, Explosion can be used to take out Pokemon that your team cannot take out. If Explosion is used however, you have to use another nature.

Why this set should be on the site(I've seen people do this, I don't really know why, and I can't find the rules for this forum):
    -Most of the time gives you an early advantage if played right.
    -If your opponent tricks you a scarf, it's all right. Scarf Gengar can be deadly, especially if you decide to run Explosion on this Gengar.
    -Can be used as a sweeper not that late in the game.

Team Options(If you plan to not use it as a suicide lead):
    Spinners are always helpful, since you're going to use it after some turns. This helps to increase the chance of Gengar surviving, as well as taking down Pokemon that cause will make a huge hole in your team.

My opinion:
    This set once won me a 5-0 game. Gengar took down 4 of my opponent's Pokemon, while sacrifing itself for the 4th Pokemon. Overall, I think this is a pretty decent set.

This is my first time writing a set, and I don't know what's the format so I decided to just write like this. Sorry.

poor kid.. he even changed his name because of this.
  6. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I'll tell you where it all went downhill for this user - when he selected his username. He set himself up for disaster. The only way it could have been worse is if he typed in TheFailure7086.
  7. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

this thread makes me sad
  8. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

How do you think I felt when I first deleted the topic?

:(
  9. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

How come no one is listening to this user? Close this thread already!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)