Justified

Seeing as pursuit is the most common dark-type move used on dark-weak, it's very hard to bait dark attacks. In addition, it seems like the most common fighting types run stone edge or can't be beaten even with the attack boost (such as roobushin-when it runs payback over stone edge).

It does give a defining edge to Luke, cause with +3 attack it can beat some of its biggest counters.
Luke can now OHKO Garchomp and 120 HP Roobushin with ES after 1 layer of Spikes who are generally considered great revenge killers. It guarantees the OHKO on 252 HP/252 Def Hippo after as little as SR, and ES deals up to 76 % to 252 HP Gliscor, killing it if you have worn it down a little (such as SR + Scizor U-Turn). ES even hits Doryuzuu for up to 68%!

If Lucario grabs a Justice Heart boost and SD against a slightly weakened team, even if it has counters to it, it's essentially gg.

I love this ability. I generally use Scarf Terakion paired up with Latios, and it's very effective. Simply switch in on a Crunch and proceed to sweep the entire team.

With essentially an immunity to Dark type attacks, things like Cobalon can switch in to something like T-tar crunch and then Rock Polish on the switch. Despite a pretty nasty Mach Punch weakness, this seems pretty viable in Theorymon

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
If T-tar is using a dark type attack, he'll probably have pursuit. Don't think you can just get a free boost, because you'll probably just get killed on the switch. Even if he's using crunch, a predicted switch can be fatal for Luke.

This ability actually sounds like a great benefit in doubles/triples.

There's the "Beat Up + Justified" combo, which I don't know if it works, but it can instantly give +6 to the Justified Pokemon. All of the Justified users bar Gallade and Arcanine resist Beat Up too.

Another benefit is from Fling. When the stat berries are released (or if they are already released), one can fling something like a Salac Berry at a Justified Pokemon. Because Fling is a Dark Type move, Justified activates and an additional boost is gained. You could also have the Justified Pokemon use a boosting move the same turn. For example, flinging a Salac Berry at a Cobalion who is using Swords Dance ends with +3 Attack, +1 Speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)