Jynx (Nasty Plot + Updated Calm Mind)

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by FlareBlitz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. FlareBlitz

FlareBlitz This was never a story that would have a happy end
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Yeah for some reason every time I edit the OP it deletes a bunch of random spaces. Probably an FF extension I have. I'll look at it later. Anyway it should be fixed.
  2. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Do we seriously have to name it "Luna's New Groove"? Luna has historical reference and stuff, but I never say to anyone "I swept with Luna's New Groove", I say "I swept with NP Jynx".
  3. FlareBlitz

Well, people are going to be incredulous regardless of whether you say "I swept with luna's new groove" or "i swept with jynx" so you might as well go for broke.

Anyway, the set's name doesn't really matter, it's just there to give an idea of what the set does and possibly make punny references (i.e. CroCune, Boah). I'll certainly rename it if other UU QC members would like me to though.
  4. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Just to be completely clear, neither of those example names are puns or jokes. The set's name does matter though, because the name exists to tell a reader what the set is and does, as well as what its referred to at large. Obviously it's up to QC but I felt compelled to add that those set names weren't jokes.
  5. FlareBlitz

Well, my point was that from the perspective of telling readers what a set is/does, "CroCune" and "Tyraniboah" might as well be "LolCune" and "TyraniLamamadingdong". The names are pretty much there to pay homage to the set's creator/popularizer or just to describe its impact in some cool way.
    Anyway I don't want to turn this into a big deal or anything. I wouldn't be adverse to changing the set name, I just think it's fine the way it is.
  6. PK Gaming

PK Gaming The truth is in my hands
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Hey FlareBlitz, are you going to tackle many of Jynx's other sets? (Perish trapping and what not) The sets on-site are currently OU based.
  7. Draco Zephyr

Draco Zephyr

Grammar-Prose Check 2/2:

delete anything in red
    add/keep anything in blue
    comments in green
    [​IMG]

Nice analysis, awesome title names xD
  8. FlareBlitz

I tested the Lead Jynx set and it was pretty good so I'll probably write that up. I wasn't happy with the perish trapper, jynx invites priority and faster revenge killers in, both of which ruin the perish trapping strategy. It would have been better in the more stallish cress meta but...I might write it up just in case UU does enter a stall period at some point in the future.

Will update the OP with your changes Draco Zephyr, thank you very much.
  9. FlareBlitz

Changes made. This should be ready for upload. Thanks everyone!
  10. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin's #1 Fan and Ghoster
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)